Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65056 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »
Yeah, but it doesn't give you special access to panels, photo ops, or autographs.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2016, 12:15:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, but it doesn't give you special access to panels, photo ops, or autographs.

But it still gives people who are willing to pay more special features that regular ticket holders don't get.
I've been to other cons where the only perk of a VIP ticket was a separate line to get into the con. At some of these cons that itself is a huge thing since sometimes the line to get into the con can be huge and take forever.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:17:51 PM by zuko3984 »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 03:29:10 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2016, 03:27:34 PM »
I think we should move on from this topic.

There are arguments that can be made on both sides of the debate, however RP has decided to get rid of this ticket option. Does it upset me, yes, I am on the side of they should have kept it. I think we have all had our chances to state our opinions but it is time to move on.

Yes SDCC does not have a vip but the argument can be made that they sell a portion of their tickets to the previous years attendees, one could argue where the fairness in that is. I think we could go back and forth over and over. I personally recommend regardless of which side of the argument you land on to email Lance or your other RP contact and express your feelings. Will it do anything, who knows. I will say privately I've talked with other attendees on the matter and I had a feeling the days of VIPs were numbered though I thought it was going to be in like another 3-4 years.

The only point I am going to make is that to say only rich people got the VIPs is not true. I was lucky enough to get the VIP pass the last few years and I can assure you I am not rich nor are a bunch of the people I knew who got VIP passes. I save my money, I won't go to the clubs or bars, I call in a birthday gift and I use the savings of not spending to get my tickets. So it is not just a rich person ticket.

In either case I think it is time to move on and come together as a forum.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2016, 01:06:22 PM »
DragonCon does not do VIP.

they so do. but not through dragoncon. it's also a bit secret, in that the pass is like a business card sized "invitation". so when "commoners" ask what was that, that is how you respond. dragoncon is "powerless" to defy things offsite/nearby . at least at nycc anybody could net one. the backlash against "the rich", from online sites for vip tickets was quite real. lessons learned for other conventions. hide it. i do miss throwing a vip pass in people's faces though. that is denied me. i could only do that at nycc.

dragoncon. i goto where the unfairness is strongest. lol.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2016, 04:55:13 PM »

they so do. but not through dragoncon. it's also a bit secret, in that the pass is like a business card sized "invitation". so when "commoners" ask what was that, that is how you respond. dragoncon is "powerless" to defy things offsite/nearby . at least at nycc anybody could net one. the backlash against "the rich", from online sites for vip tickets was quite real. lessons learned for other conventions. hide it. i do miss throwing a vip pass in people's faces though. that is denied me. i could only do that at nycc.

dragoncon. i goto where the unfairness is strongest. lol.
this is the second time today i've come across your post slamming a con- KNOCK IT OFF- consider this your second warning- chill or you're getting suspended
No flaming, trolling, or insulting.
Flaming includes putting another person down for his or her ideas, thoughts, and opinions.  Excessive self-promotion, condescending pomposity, racism, sexism, any-other-ism, homophobia, acrophobia, and destructive (versus constructive) criticism will get you BANNED. Repeated offenses will lead to a permanent ban from the forums. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:52:12 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline comiclover86

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »
Does anybody possibly think that they may throw it in there as a surprise so that the speculation of VIP is truly gone? Giving a true curveball and unexpected sale of some time of new "VIP"? Most likely not but that could be something they may try out to level the competition of removing the VIP passes. Just a hopeful thought.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2016, 02:35:35 PM »
Doubtful,  I don't see that happening

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »
This was the response I got from Lance after I emailed him saying I was dissapointed that they cancelled the VIP options.

"I totally understand your disappointment Jason, I too agree with you and would prefer that kind of ticket.  It was becoming increasingly difficult for us to meet the expectations of the ticket holders though and it seemed like the right and fair choice to make. 

Again, sorry for how it effects your experience at the show. 

Lance Fensterman
Senior Global Vice President "

Offline sirjinx

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2016, 04:11:55 PM »
This was the response I got from Lance after I emailed him saying I was dissapointed that they cancelled the VIP options.

"I totally understand your disappointment Jason, I too agree with you and would prefer that kind of ticket.  It was becoming increasingly difficult for us to meet the expectations of the ticket holders though and it seemed like the right and fair choice to make. 

Again, sorry for how it effects your experience at the show. 

Lance Fensterman
Senior Global Vice President "

Sincerely,
Random HR representative

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2016, 04:58:33 PM »
It is a formed response. I emailed Lance last year about them getting rid of the presale and got the same response as a friend that asked a similar question, we even got the same error in the message.

I know he 'gets lots of these emails' but there was a point where when I emailed him in previous years I actually did get a personalized response.

I just find that statement of it being 'difficult for us to meet the expectations of the ticket holders' as just not ringing true

Offline dside82

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2016, 07:20:39 PM »
First time trying to go for NYCC tickets normally go to SDCC. To anyone that goes to both is the process similar? Is luck a huge factor or are there plenty of tickets to go around? Just want to make sure I do not get my hope up if they are extremely difficult.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2016, 08:07:42 PM »
they can be difficult
we don't quite know how it's going to play out this year with the discontinuation of the VIP options. iirc, the 4 day tix seemed to go kinda fast last year. there is a forum buying group, contact [member=2339]NCDS[/member] .  Plus they just put in place a member id system, go regester now!http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Tickets/NYCC-Ticket-Process-and-Show-News/

this is most likely going to be the forumat-- note this is from SW celebration
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2016, 06:37:34 AM »
Just a reminder all - ONLY 5 MORE DAYS - to create a fan verification account.

If you want to attend and buy tickets you must do this step

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2016, 12:11:47 PM »

Thank you!  In all the SDCC hotel hub-bub I forgot...done now.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2016, 06:27:37 AM »

So-when you fill out how many tickets you are interested in buying, does that matter? Should I put the max, or does it not impact anything later on? I am mainly signing up just in case, I don't really have plans to attend at this point.
Ang