Author Topic: WB Panel (DC's Plans for 2016-2018), Hall H, 8pm->  (Read 8832 times)

Offline SimonWilliams

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
WB Panel (DC's Plans for 2016-2018), Hall H, 8pm->
« on: June 13, 2014, 06:29:45 AM »
With the recent news of the official announcement of Justice League's release in May of 2017 and Warner Bros' supposed plans to officially announce their DC Schedule for the next couple years at Comic Con, what do you think we'll get at the WB Panel?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The DC Film Schedule mentioned:

May 2016 — Batman v Superman
July 2016 — Shazam
Xmas 2016 — Sandman
May 2017 — Justice League
July 2017 — Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 — Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 — Man Of Steel 2

Seeing as Dwayne Johnson's other film, San Andreas is WB and rumored to be at Comic Con and he's been talking about doing another DC movie this year (the hints he's dropped could mean Black Adam in 2016's Shazam) do you think we might see a brief panel or cast reveal for Shazam perhaps? Considering Marvel announced their Avengers cast at Comic Con 2 years before the movie's release, I think WB could do the same thing here.

What do you think we'll see from WB if this year?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:20:11 PM by alyssa »

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 185
Re: Warner Bros Panel (DC's Plans for 2016-2018)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »
I think we see some announcements from BvS and/or Justice League. Since those have been confirmed by the WB. But I'm highly skeptical of the rest:

These recent articles have raised some serious doubts about some of the films on the list:

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: WB Panel (DC's Plans for 2016-2018), Hall H, 8pm->
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:49:56 AM »

Offline SimonWilliams

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »
I think we see some announcements from BvS and/or Justice League. Since those have been confirmed by the WB. But I'm highly skeptical of the rest:

These recent articles have raised some serious doubts about some of the films on the list:

The first is from the same site that's now declaring Jason Mamoa is Aquaman, and the second starts off its argument with if anybody is right, its the reporter who leaked this. I get trying to poke holes in the argument but given the actual news leading up to this would support this list, at the very least we'll see some list come Comic Con of DC movies.

Addressing the films themselves...

A Wonder Woman movie makes sense since DC Comics has said they want to focus more on the female demographic and after Marvel's Kevin Feige said he didn't see a point to doing a Black Widow solo movie, DC has a chance to one-up their competition. Add to that that Gal was signed to a contract with a solo movie. Since Marvel has redacted what they said, hearing news of the Wonder Woman movie have said a Black Widow solo movie is also on the way. Perhaps this is in response too to Captain America: Winter Soldier's own Anthony Mackie (Falcon) stating publically that girls and women deserve a Wonder Woman movie, stating that while Black Widow was a nice character and all, Wonder Woman is the role model little girls deserve to see on the screen to show that women are just as strong and sometimes stronger than their male counterparts.

As far as rebooting Green Lantern, its not out of the question, seeing as its only 5 years between Hulk and its reboot and Spider-man 3 and its reboot. DC are giving their reboot 6 years by comparison. Also the confusion over a tv Flash and cinematic Flash could be explained by the current rumor that the Green Lantern/Flash movie is just that, a tv movie, hence eliminating the confusion.

A Shazam movie isn't out of the question seeing as a little while ago Peter Berg was planning out such a film. There's been a lot of influence, DC responding to Marvel's moves and vice versa. Mark Millar mentioned Marvel adapting his Superior comic (Mark Millar's re-envisioning of Shazam) and now DC is talking Shazam again to one-up Marvel's imitation with the original.

To further the point that a Shazam movie is coming, Dwayne Johnson when asked about playing Green Lantern, responded saying he wasn't Green Lantern, he was going to play someone who'd never been seen in a live-action film, though his two favorite characters are Green Lantern and Black Adam (wink, wink, hint, hint). More clues he laid out about the character he would be playing sound an awful lot like Black Adam. He said he had requests for playing a character, he could never have been seen in a live action film (Black Adam), a character he loved (Black Adam), as powerful as Superman (Black Adam).

As far as what surprises are left for WB to reveal at Comic Con if this rumor is correct, Diane Nelson, the DC Entertainment President said there were 9 movies planned besides BvS and Justice League. So lets count.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Justice League
1. Sandman
2. Shazam
3.  Wonder Woman
4. Flash/Green Lantern Teamup
5. Man of Steel 2
6. Fables (mentioned in article above)
7. Metal Men
8. 100 Bullets
9. ?

Even if these rumors are true, leaked, what have you, we still have one more surprise left come this July. What will the 9th movie be?

No matter what the films are, DC has been putting out that they are working on 9 DC films besides BvS and Justice League, so even if they aren't the ones above I expect we'll hear about it at Comic Con, which would be a perfect time to reveal it.

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:38:11 AM »
FYI
RT @NerdTruth: Word is starting to spread across the net that WB & DC will be showing a teaser trailer for #SupermanvBatman #DawnofJustice at #SDCC

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
WB Pictures Panel will have the Hobbit, Mad Max: Fury Road, Jupiter Ascending. Also a a pre-con screening of "Into the Storm":

I'm almost sure there will be some suprises though.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:48:57 AM »
WB Pictures Panel will have the Hobbit, Mad Max: Fury Road, Jupiter Ascending. Also a a pre-con screening of "Into the Storm":

Lots of awesome info in that article.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »
FYI
RT @NerdTruth:

NerdTruth getting mentioned over here.  Very cool.

Offline Hal Roth

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
Wouldn't Batman v Superman be part of the WB panel?  Is it left off so as to be a surprise during the panel?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if DC will have their OWN movie panel. The WB panel is normally a few hours long (if I remember correctly). Last year DC was like, 20 minutes (if that) to announce BvS. I don't see them throwing it in as a surprise. They WANT people to be excited about these movies.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 12:48:07 PM »

How do I get tickets for that Into The Storm screening?
Who do I need to follow on Twitter?

Offline xDumpweed182x

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 09:05:45 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if DC will have their OWN movie panel. The WB panel is normally a few hours long (if I remember correctly). Last year DC was like, 20 minutes (if that) to announce BvS. I don't see them throwing it in as a surprise. They WANT people to be excited about these movies.
Isn't that how they got people excited for it last year? Making it a surprise? It will definitely be a surprise in my opinion.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 05:42:55 AM »
Of course people got excited. I mean, they'll get excited no matter what. It's one thing to surprise people about one movie (that had been rumored leading up to SDCC) but it's another to surprise people with a list of 7 or so.

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »
BvS stuff as expected. But no other DC movies announced. Forbes and Hitflix called it over Nikki Finke. I do think they have some plans. But they just don't have the balls to announce or commit to a film far out.

Offline litex2x

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 06:39:09 PM »
The Batman vs. Superman footage was leaked all over youtube and instagram. I'm seeing articles everywhere about it. I've never seen an SDCC Hall H leak of this magnitude before.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
I was near the back and it felt like security was barely present. Numerous people around me had cameras out, were clearly using them to take pics, and security never even came over.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk