Author Topic: Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo  (Read 6712 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 06:16:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Some dude from Edmonton, Alberta who's supposedly been in some TV shows (did not catch his name, so maybe someone out there may recognize him and let me know who he is):

dude, your nerd credit is revoked.....

<justkidding> somebody buy that man a copy of the firefly series

seriously tho, *very glad* to hear they didn't have the same problems as last year!  very cool that they got their act together.  Nothings worse then giving comic-con's a bad name in my book.

Great seats for the panels, WOW. Nice job with the pic's.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:20:48 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 06:43:13 AM »
Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but I think SuperDave was joking about not recognizing Nathan Fillion.  ;)

All in all, sounds like a terrific con, Dave! I'm glad you had such a great time! We'll still miss you in July, though.  :(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:46:16 AM by Transmute Jun »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:30:52 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
could be <giggle> i've been known to misunderstand stuff like that...

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 09:16:33 AM »
Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but I think SuperDave was joking about not recognizing Nathan Fillion.  ;)

All in all, sounds like a terrific con, Dave! I'm glad you had such a great time! We'll still miss you in July, though.  :(

You might be right!  Ah, irony is so hard to discern on the interwebs. ;p
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Yzrfan

Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »
I heard fire flies are pretty, but they only last a season. We don't get them in SoCal. Also heard some have a cool knit cap that other non fire flies are mad aboot, eh.

Offline Real Canadian superDAVE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
Guess if I had been wearing this pretty cunning yellow and orange knit hat I've owned for the past 8 years (or is it 9?), I suspect that would have given my wee joke away.   :D

Oh, and in case you think the show was strictly about panels, there was all the other great convention stuff to enjoy. (Not much in the way of snapshots for that, because frankly I'm too lazy to lug my camera around taking pictures of it all.) So of course there was a huge exhibit hall this year (the folks from Weta Workshop in New Zealand even came and set up a ginormous booth), lots of interesting cosplayers (including one adorable dog...and there's a somewhat funny story about that), plus a ton of talented artists (Adam Hughes and William Stout were in the house!).

On top of all that, there were a few parties (two separate ones featuring the attending cast members from Game of Thrones and Torchwood), and the nerdtastical concert on Friday night with the music of Kirby Krackle, and the incomparable Weird Al Yankovic.

It may not have been Comic-Con in San Diego, but it was an amazingly acceptable substitute. (Especially since I could enjoy being in a hotel room a couple blocks away, and meander over to the convention site at about 9 AM or so. That was the biggest reminder for me that I was not in Beach Waffle, Southern California, U.S.A. anymore.)

So Yay! for a stress-free Con!!! But naturally Boo! for not being around the guys and gals of FOCCI. (Maybe next time?)   8)

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »
Also heard some have a cool knit cap that other non fire flies are mad aboot, eh.

As a Canadian, I really should have said "toque" of course. But then you may have been confused, eh?   :o

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »
And news articles are available on-line now I see. With better writing and pics of the Expo than I can provide:

Forgot to mention the parade, since I did not arrive in Calgary in time to see it.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
I heard fire flies are pretty, but they only last a season. We don't get them in SoCal. Also heard some have a cool knit cap that other non fire flies are mad aboot, eh.
now you're just being mean

<giggle>

Yzrfan

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »
That's pretty cool it had a parade with it. I wonder if SDCC had a parade, would you have to take off the mask and show your true identity for beads? But Still at con with a parade is cool.

Yzrfan

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »
I was just making comments to help defect the responses. you know the idea of causing a distraction. Don't want for people to feel awkward about making a post. Want them to know there is always a bigger dork on the forum. and yes, i am being honest about how cool a parade would be at a SDCC.