Author Topic: Cosplay chat  (Read 95524 times)

Offline Mistborn

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
Re: Cosplay chat
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2022, 09:25:52 AM »
I can do some minimal sewing but I agree, costume creating does feel a bit overwhelming to me. I started a draft spider-Gwen in 2020 and have been really struggling to continue. I still have to sew it then mark it for the color differences then start all over with the real costume. I’m thinking about changing and doing a book reference for my first one instead. All I’ll have to sew is the cloak and the rest is more regular cloths

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2022, 10:45:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's been a while since this thread has seen some activity, but I finally purchased a 3d printer and got it up and running.  I've been resisting 3d printing for the longest time since I got into cosplay about 20 years ago and I was stubbornly sticking to old methods of prop making.  However I've been enjoying the printer and the tinkering that comes with it.  I'll have some new props for SW Celebration.  Nothing new planned for SDCC though.
My husband has been making Star Wars prop guns and is currently working on a Mandalorian helmet. He's really having fun with his printer.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 08:55:15 AM »

Offline kimchi_paradise

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2022, 11:35:11 AM »
Wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for cosplay websites or commissioners? I would like to do a Monica Rambeau (WandaVision) cosplay in her Sword Uniform, a Symmetra or Sombra cosplay (Overwatch) and/or a Nessa (Pokemon Sword Gym Leader) cosplay, but these can be pretty niche and not as easy to throw together in a trip to Savers or Goodwill. I'd like to do something higher quality than your typical Rubie's Costume from a halloween store, but unfortunately I don't have the skills to put something together myself.  If anyone has some tips or recommendations for cosplay commissioners or websites to check out, I would love to have them!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2022, 11:13:07 PM »
BladesUSA is having a sale on a bunch of it's training swords.  As you can tell by looking at the reviews, a lot of people buy them for cosplay.  Once they are painted they look really good.  Being training swords, they also have decent heft to them.

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2023, 03:54:27 PM »
Anybody working on anything new for this year?

This isn’t a new costume for me but I brought it back out for a little photo shoot to celebrate HBO’s The Last of Us season finale.  Thinking about wearing it at SDCC this year.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2023, 05:06:43 PM »
I have a new Agnes Jurati (from Picard) costume that I test ran at ECCC. Also a new Chucky costume.

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 137
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2023, 08:20:49 AM »
I’m considering the world’s laziest cosplay. I have everything to make a screen-accurate Carol Danvers flight suit replica from Capt Marvel.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2023, 01:22:28 PM »
I’m considering the world’s laziest cosplay. I have everything to make a screen-accurate Carol Danvers flight suit replica from Capt Marvel.

My daughter did something similar once with Chell's jumpsuit from Portal. Easiest costume to wear. She just put her hair in a ponytail and off she went.

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2023, 01:44:19 PM »
My daughter did something similar once with Chell's jumpsuit from Portal. Easiest costume to wear. She just put her hair in a ponytail and off she went.

And soooo comfortable.  :smilie_happy_clapping:

I was in the Air Force so I already have the flight suits, boots, gloves and a g-suit. I had some of the patches and then I ordered the rest of them. I just have to add Velcro to the patches and sew the Capt rank on.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2023, 02:20:40 PM »
That does sound very easy! Awesome!

My issue is that I have a long torso. Any jumpsuit/one piece style costumes have to be custom made for me.

I have been thinking about a Tawny Madison/Gwen DeMarco (Galaxy Quest) costume... but that requires a custom make for me.

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2023, 02:33:22 PM »

My issue is that I have a long torso. Any jumpsuit/one piece style costumes have to be custom made for me.

I have been thinking about a Tawny Madison/Gwen DeMarco (Galaxy Quest) costume... but that requires a custom make for me.

That would be amazing! I love Galaxy Quest.

I have a long torso too but fortunately flight suits are pretty adjustable with velcro straps at the waist. Plus I got the men's so they're a little more roomy lengthwise.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 08:30:26 AM by Wkdbriss »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2023, 08:23:31 AM »

I wonder who got the other part of my torso.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline kimchi_paradise

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2023, 06:39:56 PM »
Anybody working on anything new for this year?

This isn’t a new costume for me but I brought it back out for a little photo shoot to celebrate HBO’s The Last of Us season finale.  Thinking about wearing it at SDCC this year.

I was hoping to do a Chun Li costume this year! Also have Princess Peach. But, our plans have changed so we might have to wait until next year!

Offline codeviolet

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2023, 04:35:54 PM »
I was hoping to do a Chun Li costume this year! Also have Princess Peach. But, our plans have changed so we might have to wait until next year!

Ooh new chun li or an old one? I don’t love her new design but I bet it'd still be a fun coslay!

Offline soldierofwinter

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2023, 10:25:37 PM »
Trust me to have only just now noticed this forum as the obvious place to ask this question. ;)  *facepalms appropriately*

I'm cosplaying pretty intensely all days of con (bringing my new Loki, Daemon Targaryen, Fire Lord Zuko, casual & armoured "Witcher" Geralt) & I could actually use an assist getting into my Geralt armour (season 2) in particular....alas, given how hardcore that armour is (custom-fit molded leather), it's just not possible for me to get into it on my own.  My current plan is to do that cosplay on the Friday!

If someone would be amenable to help fasten the armour for me (cuirass mainly, and 2 bracers) on Friday morning, I would be only too happy to treat them to breakfast or Starbucks and a snack!  I'm staying right super close to con. :)