Author Topic: Friday morning panels back to back in different rooms - suggestions??!  (Read 5945 times)

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
I am taking my teenage daughter to Comic-con.  The Korra panel at 10 am is a must, in room 25 ABC.  Then Stevens Universe is at 11 am in the Indigo Ballroom and is also a must :/.  What to do??  Can we split up and I go to Indigo Ballroom to hold a place for her?  She probably can't get from one room to another all that quickly and I'm already inside.  Can we switch places when she does arrive?

Also any thoughts about how early to be on line for 10 am panel in 25 ABC and 11 am Indigo Ballroom panel??

Last question - I'm stuck in La Jolla, any ideas for how to get down to the Convention Center by 5 am (assuming that we need to do that) ??

THANKS!!!!

Offline karl clement

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 136
the 2 panels are 2 far apart to try and do both, sounds like you have to make a choice
SDCC 2013,2014,2015,2016
FanExpo  2011,2012, 2015
Montreal CC  2011, 2013
Ottawa CC 2013
Cornwall CAPE 2015, 2016

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
There is a slight chance that you could make it into Adventure Time/Stephen Universe after it has already started.  Last year I was able to walk right in to Indigo for Regular Show about 5 min after it started. The CN panels are popular though...so this is only a slight chance, but factoring in the amount of people that will be in Hall H and B20, it's not 100% impossible.  I would say if you have nothing else to do instead, or if you like it enough to make the walk out there and see, go for it.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
I agree, you should just try and see what happens.  Just map out the fastest route from one room to the other and give it a shot.  Worst case is that you'll show up at the Indigo, see a line and realize you have resort to Plan B.  Just set your expectations accordingly and you'll enjoy whatever you end up doing.

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
It sucks that she has that conflict, but she will have to leave the first panel 10 minutes early and be ok getting to the second one 10 minutes late. I'd say it's about a 20 minute walk from one to the other. Have you been to SDCC before? If not, on Thursday, I suggest you and your daughter make the walk from 25ABC to Indigo, because it could be very confusing for a first-timer, especially someone who is younger (though I have no idea how old your daughter is). Might as well time it while you're at it, so that you have a better estimate of the time frame that you're working with.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:59:20 AM by epicskyline »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Forum Housekeeping:
Moved from "Programming, Panels and Lines" to "2015 Friday."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
Thanks everyone!!!!

I am not clear whether there is a way for me to sit in Indigo Ballroom until my daughter can arrive, even if panel is underway.  Can I leave for a restroom break and give her my pass?  Is there some other way to give her my space even if there is a line when she arrives? 

I think she could be ok getting from one to the other on her own, she's been to SDCC before and we will try it the day before to see how fast she can do it, but I am also wondering about the line for Indigo Ballroom and if it works the same as the everything other than Hall H?  Or does it have its own line? 

And this might be a question for the public transportation thread, but is there any way of parking at one of the hotels on the shuttle route or at a trolley station and getting to the convention center before 6 am??

Thanks again, I do love these forums, they have helped me out so much over the past couple of years!!!!

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And this might be a question for the public transportation thread, but is there any way of parking at one of the hotels on the shuttle route or at a trolley station and getting to the convention center before 6 am??

Thanks again, I do love these forums, they have helped me out so much over the past couple of years!!!!

Parking at a hotel to take the shuttle might cost you money to park at the hotel or you might have to be a guest. I would call the hotel and ask about that. Otherwise, you can park for free at any trolley station with park and ride lots. These lots include Old Town and Qualcomm Stadium. According to the Trolley Schedule on the MTS website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Sunday morning the first trolley leaves from Qualcomm Stadium at 4:53am.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter