Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 9 *Spoilers*  (Read 14318 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Walking Dead Season 9 *Spoilers*
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 07:49:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I agree that Daryl is not a compelling character and Henry is a poor replacement for Carl in the Whisperers storyline. However I am liking Judith more and more, and her 'Carl' role with Negan. I agree with you about the best part of the comics Whisperer storyline and hope that comes to pass as well.

I'd love to see more focus on The Kingdom... Carol/Ezekiel/Jerry. But I'm afraid of that leading to another part of the Whisperers comic storyline...
Yeah, I think The Kingdom has the most compelling characters at the moment (though you're right: I do like Judith - she's much more charismatic than Carl ever was, I think - and I don't mean that as a negative against Carl).  I think it was already at least rumored that
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »
AMC just announced the Fear cast members that would be at WonderCon... including NEW CAST MEMBER Austin Amelio. Looks like Dwight made it over to Fear.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 01:41:38 AM »

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2019, 07:56:56 PM »
AMC just announced the Fear cast members that would be at WonderCon... including NEW CAST MEMBER Austin Amelio. Looks like Dwight made it over to Fear.

Thank you for the heads up Transmute Jun!  Thank you!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2019, 12:32:24 PM »
My review of last night's episode...

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »
I really like this new season much more than the last few.  It's the influx of new characters.  It's given the show a new lease on life.  There are some things that irk me.  Henry.  Why?  How can a kid that grew up in that environment going through what he has still be so naive. I don't find it plausible.  The Whisperers.  Back in previous seasons, they made a point of having to cover themselves from head to toe in guts to be able to blend in with the walkers.  Now anyone can just by wearing a mask, or not even that, by walking slowly and shuffling along.  In a made up world, blatant inconsistencies take me out of that world.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2019, 12:47:40 PM »
Fair enough, but in terms of the flow of the plot, it works better that way. Still, it's a good point.

Ummmm.... maybe the walker skin emits some kind of pheromones that make the walkers think it's not a person? Yeah, I know, it's a stretch.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2019, 07:18:47 PM »
I really like this new season much more than the last few.  It's the influx of new characters.  It's given the show a new lease on life.  There are some things that irk me.  Henry.  Why?  How can a kid that grew up in that environment going through what he has still be so naive. I don't find it plausible.  The Whisperers.  Back in previous seasons, they made a point of having to cover themselves from head to toe in guts to be able to blend in with the walkers.  Now anyone can just by wearing a mask, or not even that, by walking slowly and shuffling along.  In a made up world, blatant inconsistencies take me out of that world.
To be fair, in previous seasons (and really always), the characters were winging it completely.  There are few explicit rules, and certainly none that are known before trying them out.  For all we know just a little bit of guts would've done the trick but our heroes went way over-the-top to make sure they'd be fine

(also, I kinda hate that I'm defending continuity inconsistencies of this show :-P )

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2019, 01:04:53 PM »
My episode review for Scars. Spoiler: it didn't quite fit in with the current flow of the plot.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2019, 12:11:04 PM »
My episode review for Scars. Spoiler: it didn't quite fit in with the current flow of the plot.

Thank you again for the review. 

I've been tired lately, so again I started dozing off during TWD.  I did the the last part where Michonne did her thing.  I love reading your insights and pretty much agree with all of your thoughts.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2019, 01:33:45 PM »
Thank you again for the review. 

I've been tired lately, so again I started dozing off during TWD.  I did the the last part where Michonne did her thing.  I love reading your insights and pretty much agree with all of your thoughts.

See, you don't have to watch... just read my reviews! ;)   But I'm glad that you enjoy reading them.

I have high hopes for the final 2 episodes.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2019, 06:58:59 PM »

This was a good recap. Thx!!!!
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2019, 08:05:14 PM »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
Should we still use the spoiler tag even though the whole thread says spoiler?  I'll do it just to err on the side of caution.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2019, 09:31:30 PM »
To address one of your points, Chocolateshake (I don't think this needs a spoiler tag) the reason people were moving in and out so easily is because the fair was ongoing, and people were naturally coming and going. I believe that everyone who went out did so willingly (at that time).

I had an even bigger nitpick, which I will reveal in my episode review tomorrow, but overall, I thought this was a great episode.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2019, 10:45:05 PM »
To address one of your points, Chocolateshake (I don't think this needs a spoiler tag) the reason people were moving in and out so easily is because the fair was ongoing, and people were naturally coming and going. I believe that everyone who went out did so willingly (at that time).

I had an even bigger nitpick, which I will reveal in my episode review tomorrow, but overall, I thought this was a great episode.

There's coming and going and there's having the gate wide open without anyone manning it.  Just because more people were coming and going doesn't mean they didn't have security up.  That was clearly shown when Daryl and friends showed up.  The gate was not open.  They had to open it up to let them in.  The fair was already in full swing by that point.  Wouldn't it be suspicious if someone showed up on foot?  The only people reasonably doing that would be residents of The Kingdom.  The guards would have known them.  I doubt they get many visitors from other settlements walking in.  That is The Kingdom's problem after all.  It's isolated from the other settlements.  If it was easy to come and go then they should have shown that.  Instead they showed that security was up as usual.

I could see the teenagers maybe leaving willingly, but the more seasoned people?  Tara the suspicious, I don't see her going outside the gates with someone she didn't know.  Enid and Henry both had places to be and reason not to.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 10:50:11 PM by chocolateshake »