Author Topic: Conan - It's over.  (Read 670 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Conan - It's over.
« on: June 24, 2021, 10:22:22 PM »
Tonight was the end of Conan on late night.  It was the last show.  I guess that's the final nail in the coffin for any more Conan tapings at comic-con.  There's nothing to tape.  I still hold out hope for Team Coco offsites.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
Re: Conan - It's over.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 12:05:09 AM »
We can hold out hope that his weekly variety show for HBO MAX and/or his podcast (“Conan needs a friend”)make an appearance at SDCC.

Sent from my ???? using

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:50:36 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 01:44:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We can hold out hope that his weekly variety show for HBO MAX and/or his podcast (“Conan needs a friend”)make an appearance at SDCC.

Sent from my ???? using
Seems plausible, depending on what he does w/HBO.  It feels like John Oliver, for example, could definitely go to SDCCI if that were his thing.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tonight was the end of Conan on late night.  It was the last show.
Definitely the end of an era.  I remember when he took over from Letterman, when I was in HS, some friends and I would stay up to watch him wondering 'WTF is this guy?!' and his humor (which he labeled last night as "part really smart; part really dumb") was totally our jam.  I've been watching him fairly regularly since he was on Late Night and I'm legit happy he was able to go out on his own terms after what happened with the NBC debacle.  I'll be really curious to see what he does at HBO where he's kinda free to do any format he wants, not have to worry about promoting the movie/TV series/book/special of the week guests and what not.  I was inadvertently a fan of his pre-talk show with "The Simpsons" and his SNL writing/bit-acting so he's got oodles of talent outside of just "talk show host."

It's been a fun run, and I'm bummed that I only got to see him live once but also incredibly grateful to have that experience (I wish I would've driven up to LA for another taping or two, but it's kind of a hassle w/my work schedule and w/out knowing who the guests would be I never bothered).  It would be fun if he still came out to SDCCI even if he wasn't hosting a show (he's hosted panels, had his own panels, did bits with Triumph the Insult Dog and other fun stuff over the years), and/or hosted other off-site events.  He'll be 59 for SDCCI 2022, so he may be at an age where he's looking at doing less, but who knows