Author Topic: CCI 2012 Parking Pass Thread  (Read 33343 times)

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
CCI 2012 Parking Pass Thread
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:53 AM »
Anybody know when they go on sale?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: CCI 2012 Parking Pass Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »
nope- wish i did
 ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:39:30 PM »

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:02:52 AM »
Last year it was around the middle of April they went on sale. Maybe it will be around the same time this year.

Tickets sales were about a month earlier last year though.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:55:10 AM »
I seem to remember that they went on sale April 12th or 13th; I know it was right around my birthday, and my mom gave me $$$ to pay for them (well, that, and I was taking my grandmother with me, so she wanted me to have parking that was close and not have her hoofing it from several blocks away).

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 04:58:23 AM »
they went on sale that early because the link had leaked & a lot of them were being sold.  Instead of clamping down, cci opened the parking up. 
if it had followed their schedule then it wouldn't have opened up till much later.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline bfett9

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »
Hoping it becomes a thread for all.
But basically what I'm looking for is a closed parking garage where I can stow the Car starting Wednesday Afternoon through Sunday Evening. I'm coming down from LA. As of right now I can only see driving as cheapest option as Amtrak train is $36 one way and I am dependent on their time table. I was looking at: Ace Parking, 6th & K Parking Estimate I got was :$63 for the entire weekend.
What I doubt, and want to confirm with any of you that have experience at their garages, is that I have a locked in spot for the entire weekend or if quote is probably based on if I were to simply leave the car there the entire weekend.

I was hoping someone here knew of a garage near the corner of 8th Avenue & Market Street that had a rate of close to $60 for the entire weekend and would allow me to take the car out in the evening to see the city but also hold my spot in the lot. As of right now open lots are not an option. I am also asking because if I don't find a lot I may end up changing my travel plans.

Thanks for any help!
(I also heard about these 2012 parking passes if someone would be willing to explain how those work that would also be useful, thanks!)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
Idk abt garages that allow overnight parking, have you thought about your hotel?  All of the parking passes are not good for over night, out by midnight(ish) and in at 5am. The link to the parking pass thread is here, (broken link removed)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:28:13 AM by alyssa »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »
Just a quick recap for those people new to parking passes at sdcc. At some point Cci will announce the sale for pre paid parking passes, usually later on.

The sale will be for a number of lots and garages close to the con, including under the con.  Last year the prices ranges between $10-20(?)/per day. Check in starts at 5am check out at midnight ish.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »
I want to say that Sat. is a little more lax on the out time, only because there's people attending the party under the Sails, which, in previous years, has run until midnight. If it's doing the same this year, I doubt they're going to be towing until probably 1/2 an hour after that.

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 01:04:51 PM »
A friend of mine emailed the parking folks and asked. Indeed they are not on sale yet and will probably be in april. 'Keep an eye on the site' was the advice given. I'm sure folks here will.

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure in one of the hotel threads someone mentioned $10/day parking at the airport. Something to consider. Airport is pretty close.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm pretty sure in one of the hotel threads someone mentioned $10/day parking at the airport. Something to consider. Airport is pretty close.
broken link removed alyssa

You can also try looking at the public transportation thread, which has some info about parking near the trolley stations (some have free parking, while some don't): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:26:53 AM by alyssa »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 01:57:37 AM »
Yep, it's right here: (broken link)

You can also try looking at the public transportation thread, which has some info about parking near the trolley stations (some have free parking, while some don't): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hope that helps!

As a caution to the free parking for the trolley stations - pay attention to towing signs. During stadium events, some of the smaller malls in Mission Valley right next to the trolley stops have had signs posted that there is no Stadium parking and have somehow been enforcing that by towing away cars. Just be on the lookout for signs like that for Comic-Con if you are going to park at a mall. I'd hate for someone to come back and find their car gone, having been towed away after spending a long day at Con.

(for the record, I don't know how they patrol for this, and I don't agree with the towing, but it does happen)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:04:29 PM by alyssa »

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 11:43:34 AM »
I just received an e-mail saying advanced sales for parking will be made available in mid-April. The e-mail wasn't from CCI though.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »
i got one too, maybe everyone who got a pass last year got the email?