Author Topic: Proposal to turn the Gaslamp into a permanent pedestrian promenade.  (Read 2782 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
I keep forgetting to post this.  A couple of years ago when Harbor Blvd was first closed, I thought it would be cool to close off the Gaslamp to cars as well.  Now it's a serious proposal.  The proposed pedestrian area would be larger than what's closed off temporarily for comic-con.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: Proposal to turn the Gaslamp into a permanent pedestrian promenade.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:22:55 AM »
Great idea!

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 11:05:16 AM »
My wish is that they add some kind of bridge or pathway from the convention to 5th Ave so there isn’t a bottleneck, especially with trains passing through. Something similar to the one at the Hilton Bayfront.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »
My wish is that they add some kind of bridge or pathway from the convention to 5th Ave so there isn’t a bottleneck, especially with trains passing through. Something similar to the one at the Hilton Bayfront.

There's one not much further down by Harbor Drive.  I know that's on the other side of Petco Park, but I suspect no one is going to be in a hurry to build a pedestrian bridge that close to an already-existing pedestrian bridge

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »
There's one not much further down by Harbor Drive.  I know that's on the other side of Petco Park, but I suspect no one is going to be in a hurry to build a pedestrian bridge that close to an already-existing pedestrian bridge

Yeah, that’s what I was talking about. The one by Bayfront. But they really need another one on 5th. Or one the next street down. It’s sad that sometimes it’s faster to go all the way around through Bayfront / PetCo to get to the Gaslamp instead of hopping across the street.