Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 116265 times)

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1397
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #675 on: May 31, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did you get Tix for this year? Different place this year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No I haven’t, I’m taking a wait and see approach to this year, lol. Kind of want to see what happens during this flu season and whether or not we need booster shots. I’m pretty sure everything will be fine and back to normal but after getting closed down last year and being deployed to open up a new unit, then working 12 hr shifts and every other weekend, I’m a little gun shy to do too much advance planning.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #676 on: June 02, 2021, 11:27:46 AM »
I did end up buying... got a group of 15 people together for HP 6. :)
Fingers crossed everything stays good, but now that I'm vaccinated I want to do everything.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #677 on: Today at 03:02:42 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1766
« Reply #677 on: June 03, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
I did end up buying... got a group of 15 people together for HP 6. :)
Fingers crossed everything stays good, but now that I'm vaccinated I want to do everything.
Yeah my mindset RADICALLY changed in early April once I was fully vaccinated.  I still haven't been to a movie theater yet, but that's mainly because no must-see movies have been released for me in theaters that I haven't already seen/gotten a screener for/could see via streaming (I thought A QUIET PLACE 2 would be _The One_ but I got a screener for that one and I was pretty bummed out and didn't want to pay money for a theater).  But I'm with you: I want to go to all the concerts and all the baseball games and A LOT of summer movies!  :P

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #678 on: June 03, 2021, 07:02:32 PM »
Yeah my mindset RADICALLY changed in early April once I was fully vaccinated.  I still haven't been to a movie theater yet, but that's mainly because no must-see movies have been released for me in theaters that I haven't already seen/gotten a screener for/could see via streaming (I thought A QUIET PLACE 2 would be _The One_ but I got a screener for that one and I was pretty bummed out and didn't want to pay money for a theater).  But I'm with you: I want to go to all the concerts and all the baseball games and A LOT of summer movies!  :P

I'm going to the movies next Friday for the first time in over 2 years (yeah, even pre-Covid I wasn't big on it. My last movie was Endgame)! My theatre is still blocking off seats even though the state no longer requires it. That could change by Friday but so far only 4 people have bought tickets, so I'll probably be okay.

Anyway, I'm seeing In The Heights, which was supposed to come out last summer and which I've been looking forward to for a long time. It will be on HBO as well, but this is one I need to see on the big screen (but I'll probably watch it a few times on HBO after)

But the thing I'm most excited for is the return of Broadway - my favorite Broadway show is Come From Away, which is a beautiful show based on the true story of a small town in Canada taking in stranded airplane passengers on 9/11. I've seen it 4 times. And I was able to get 4th row tickets for the re-opening performance in September. I have to fly to NYC one day and back home the next, but it will be totally and completely worth it to be present for what will surely be an unforgettable performance. I'm going to cry for the whole thing (It's a show that already makes me cry so I'm in big trouble), and if masks are required I will have to bring extras. I can't wait.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1844
« Reply #679 on: June 04, 2021, 09:28:20 AM »
I'm going to the movies next Friday for the first time in over 2 years (yeah, even pre-Covid I wasn't big on it. My last movie was Endgame)! My theatre is still blocking off seats even though the state no longer requires it. That could change by Friday but so far only 4 people have bought tickets, so I'll probably be okay.

Anyway, I'm seeing In The Heights, which was supposed to come out last summer and which I've been looking forward to for a long time. It will be on HBO as well, but this is one I need to see on the big screen (but I'll probably watch it a few times on HBO after)

But the thing I'm most excited for is the return of Broadway - my favorite Broadway show is Come From Away, which is a beautiful show based on the true story of a small town in Canada taking in stranded airplane passengers on 9/11. I've seen it 4 times. And I was able to get 4th row tickets for the re-opening performance in September. I have to fly to NYC one day and back home the next, but it will be totally and completely worth it to be present for what will surely be an unforgettable performance. I'm going to cry for the whole thing (It's a show that already makes me cry so I'm in big trouble), and if masks are required I will have to bring extras. I can't wait.

We've been to a handful of movies in the theatre since we were vaccinated, so happy to have movie popcorn again!  For In the Heights next Friday I've rented a theatre for $149 -- my group of friends who go to NYC each year is going, 7 of us, plus a couple of our kids and other friends.  Can't wait! And we already have our tickets for Come From Away for our December trip, so glad to hear a great review!   Also tickets for Six.  It feels good to be starting the process of getting back to normal!

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #680 on: June 04, 2021, 03:47:59 PM »
We've been to a handful of movies in the theatre since we were vaccinated, so happy to have movie popcorn again!  For In the Heights next Friday I've rented a theatre for $149 -- my group of friends who go to NYC each year is going, 7 of us, plus a couple of our kids and other friends.  Can't wait! And we already have our tickets for Come From Away for our December trip, so glad to hear a great review!   Also tickets for Six.  It feels good to be starting the process of getting back to normal!

Oh, yes, CFA is so amazing, you will love it! And it's exactly the type of show the world needs right now, since it's so uplifting and focuses on kindness.

I'll be back in NYC in January for The Music Man (originally had tickets for October 2020) and hope to catch Six then! For my September trip it's just CFA and hopefully Little Shop of Horrors (we have tickets for a matinee, our flight is currently scheduled to leave at 8:30pm - if they move our flight up by more than an hour there's just no way and we'll have to cancel that one)

Enjoy your rented theatre! That sounds really fun. Maybe I'd go more often if I could guarantee I wouldn't be annoyed by anyone in the crowd  ;D

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1844
« Reply #681 on: June 04, 2021, 08:47:16 PM »
Oooooo Little Shop of Horrors, one of my most favorites!  I'll see if we can squeeze it in while we're there.  Or maybe another trip will need to be scheduled.  We must all do our part to support the arts!  ;D

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #682 on: July 06, 2021, 11:03:33 AM »
I can't get used to these quiet July days with no intensive planning. Fingers crossed this is the last one we have to endure!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #683 on: July 06, 2021, 11:15:20 AM »
I can't get used to these quiet July days with no intensive planning. Fingers crossed this is the last one we have to endure!

i think i can risk an "Amen Sister"
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #684 on: July 20, 2021, 08:54:11 AM »
So depressing on what should be the day before Comic-Con to come here and it's totally dead except for a couple of spam posts (already removed, thanks mods!). Missing all of you this week!

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #685 on: July 20, 2021, 09:06:02 AM »
So depressing on what should be the day before Comic-Con to come here and it's totally dead except for a couple of spam posts (already removed, thanks mods!). Missing all of you this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #686 on: July 20, 2021, 10:08:14 AM »
I think I might go down to the convention center and walk around and pretend that they just haven't set up yet.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #687 on: July 20, 2021, 10:32:05 AM »

Now I'm sad.  :(

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #688 on: July 20, 2021, 01:11:21 PM »
I think I might go down to the convention center and walk around and pretend that they just haven't set up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1397
« Reply #689 on: July 20, 2021, 01:18:57 PM »
I understand
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23