Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 4286 times)

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
Cosplay
« on: March 24, 2019, 06:10:59 PM »
For the first time this year, I think I might dress up.  Not sure what I will come up with, but worried about getting too hot.  What is everyone else dressing up as and what do you do about the heat?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 07:36:16 PM »
There are costumes that are heavier, and costumes that are lighter. Many costumes have less clothing, such as ones that are sleeveless, or incorporate shorts. If you have a costume that covers more of the body, you can try to use lighter fabrics, such as linen or super thin cotton.. One costume that my husband likes is a pilot from Battlestar Galactica, because they wear a double tank top, which leaves arms bare. I have a Daenerys costume from Game of Thrones that is light and sleeveless. But my TWD Carol costume is heavy and has a jacket and knee boots, which makes it too warm for recent SDCCs.

My husband and I debuted Orville costumes last year, which are unfortunately warm, because of the jackets. But we got breathable 'hiking-style' black t-shirts to  wear underneath that wicked away a lot of body heat, and that helped a lot. As an extreme, you can always wear some kind of cooling packs underneath your costume.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:58:51 AM »

Offline TeamKiLL3R

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 63
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 03:10:35 PM »
one thing i have noticed is that i tend to stay cooler if i am not rushed. there have been years when i don't give myself enough time to get in my costume and make it to an event so i end up rushing and by the time i get there i am sweating. other times when i plan ahead i am then able to take my time plus i am not rushed when people are asking for pictures. i find that when i give myself enough time i tend to not get overheated. I hope this helps.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:54:28 PM »
When I was walking from over 10 minutes away, I would take my cosplay there and change into it in the convention centre, since it is cool inside, and only cosplay indoors. If I get one of the really close hotels then I would probably just walk it over.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »
I just posted something similar over in the other cosplay thread. Oops.  Maybe this warrants a merge?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 11:32:11 AM »
I also posted in the other thread about staying cool.  I've worn some super hot costumes over the years and the bottom line is Under Armour and staying in the convention center as much as possible.