Author Topic: WonderCon 2013 Reviews  (Read 29104 times)

Yzrfan

WonderCon 2013 Reviews
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »
Stan upped his price from 50 to 55 for his signings.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
Re: WonderCon 2013 Reviews
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Or even our names printed on the badge would be a nice start!

That was something that Rob Paulsen said was driving him nuts - he wanted to sign stuff for people and personalize it, but he was constantly having to ask everyone's names rather than read their badges!

On the flip side, not having to print a name on a badge DID make the line move pretty quickly ("What's your name? Ok, good, it matches your ticket. Here's a badge, enjoy Wondercon!")...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 07:03:46 AM »

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »
I can understand why they wouldn't want random people who weren't in line for something taking photos, it can cause a huge traffic jam but if I'm in line and want to snap something really quick, it shouldn't be an issue. IMO anyway.

I totally agree, although I'm kind of used to the various restrictions at this point.  Mostly it's just less than fun when they're actually enforced--I've gotten away with so much at anime cons (getting a picture with a guest mere minutes after they were all NO PHOTOS, getting a sketch during a signing after other people starting asking despite them not actually being allowed, etc) :P.

Offline funkybutton

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »
Stan upped his price from 50 to 55 for his signings.

Lou Ferrigno upped his price from 20 to 40!!

Yzrfan

WonderCon 2013 Reviews
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 11:46:45 AM »
Hey he made it to the big leagues now, he was on celebrity apprentice

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »
Could be combination - studio says one thing, CCI says something and security is looking to impress both by strictly enforcing. Usually what happens when you have multiple directives.
or even the fire marshall as having a huge gaggle of stagnant people is pretty dangerous especially since the DC booth was close to the exit.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
I can understand why they wouldn't want random people who weren't in line for something taking photos, it can cause a huge traffic jam but if I'm in line and want to snap something really quick, it shouldn't be an issue. IMO anyway.

I remember seeing different prices for photo ops with very popular stars. That's why you see signs saying no photos sometimes.
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »
I remember seeing different prices for photo ops with very popular stars. That's why you see signs saying no photos sometimes.

Well yes, I understand that as well.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »
I thought the difference between a random photo and a 'photo op' was that with a photo op *you* are in the picture too? Or do I have that wrong?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 04:44:19 PM »
I thought the difference between a random photo and a 'photo op' was that with a photo op *you* are in the picture too? Or do I have that wrong?

No, that's correct. A photo op is you with the star.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »
No, that's correct. A photo op is you with the star.

Now I remember , I usually don't do those unless it's a freebie :D
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »
Some celebs are always a little crazy with the whole photo thing, Bruce Campbell is. At Wizard World Philly there were people who would stand in your way if you tried go get a photo while he was signing. At the Baltimore Con, Stan Lee was "the man behind the curtain" and you couldn't even see him unless you had bought the op.

Of course at the panels you can take all the photos you want.

Offline carmitch

• Exhibit Hall
  • Disabled CCI attendee
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:38 PM »
I was in the GDT signing.  From what they told us, they had set it to end at 2:30pm.  So, to get everyone through, they limited the chit-chat.  I understood why they do it, so everyone could get through and see GDT.  People were already getting in line for the EVIL DEAD signing while the screening was going on in the Arena.

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2013, 11:49:26 PM »

I understand what you're saying.  At Comic-con when celebrities are signing at the WB, or FOX, or CBS booths huge traffic jams of lookie-loos & photographers create havoc for those who are just trying to walk by.  However, Saturday's wristband signings were held in a private room on the second floor. Actually, there were two rooms:  one, which was used as a "holding area", and another where the talent was actually signing.  Much of the time the door to this signing room was closed so you couldn't even look inside to see who was in there, much less take a photo.  They allowed maybe 30 (?) people in the signing room at a time.  I totally appreciate how difficult the flash must be on one's eyes.  But at Comic-con, again, most of the signings are either in the above named booths or in the Sails Pavilion, where again, photography is allowed from the line.  Interestingly enough, GDT signed last year at Comic-con in the Sails Pavilion (with a ticket-pull for the wristband) and not only could you take photos from the line you could do a "lean in" at the signing table.  I am aware, however, that there are private room signings at Comic-con; I've just never been in one so I don't know how they work.  Enlightenment, anyone? (Just curious at this point)

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »
I ran into Icedog at Wondercon twice. The first time, I thought he was someone else because I have a friend who looks a lot like him. The second time, he was carrying a big box. I bet it was filled with the exclusive Green Lantern figures.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews