Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127700 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #495 on: January 13, 2021, 07:34:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They're giving them at Disneyland and Dodger Stadium. I would take either. I just don't know where to make the appointment. Anyone?

Never mind. I found it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Not easy to get through.

what specifically does regestering on that site do?
enable viewing of appointments? or notifications?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #496 on: January 13, 2021, 07:36:44 AM »
what specifically does regestering on that site do?
enable viewing of appointments? or notifications?

You register for an appointment at a specific location. Don't fill out the form on the first page. That form is to get notification for the app. Instead, hit the FIRST TIME USER button. Keep hitting it until it gives you a prescreening questionnaire.

Last night, I made an appointment for my dad for this afternoon.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:38:45 AM by puppy »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #497 on: Today at 07:13:43 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #497 on: January 13, 2021, 07:39:36 AM »
Your state hasn't adopted the over 65 CDC guidance yet.  So they are operating under 1A rules for health care workers.  Since that guidance wasn't changed until this morning, I would give them a few days to change things.

There were appointments available for  today when i first checked the SD site at 6:30a

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #498 on: January 13, 2021, 11:05:25 AM »
There were appointments available for  today when i first checked the SD site at 6:30a

For people over 65?  The site still says

"**The following information is intended only for healthcare workers in San Diego County. If you are not a healthcare worker, please access the  COVID-19 vaccine page for the public.**"

"Other documents accepted for healthcare worker identification:

Professional license  AND a photo ID; or,
    Signed letter from your employer on facility letterhead  AND a photo ID; or,
    Payment stub or timesheet from your healthcare employer or in-home supportive services  AND a photo ID."

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #499 on: January 13, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »
For people over 65?  The site still says

I understand
the parent site outlining the different phases(tiers) hasn't been updated since 1/5, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

it seems as tho, the site is behind in outlining the tiers. I think the mandate by the cdc/newsom/countyLeaders might be more correct then what the site says.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #500 on: January 13, 2021, 11:42:15 AM »
I understand
the parent site outlining the different phases(tiers) hasn't been updated since 1/5, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

it seems as tho, the site is behind in outlining the tiers. I think the mandate by the cdc/newsom/countyLeaders might be more correct then what the site says.

1A, healthcare workers only is still what the reservation pages say.  An interview on the news with the spokesperson for a site that just opened today said it was for 1A only.  That they hope to spin up more capacity when the other tiers open.

My understanding is that the state hasn't accepted the CDC guidance from yesterday yet.  That might happen as early as today.

I would love to have it wrong and that it's been opened already.  But it's always been the case that anyone can make an appt.  It's when you show up that they verify eligibility with ID.  I guess one could make an appt now and hope that the rules change by the time of the appt.  But if a lot of people did that, it would gum up the system.

I really wish that San Diego opened the calendar out indefinitely.  In other states, you can make appts months out.  San Diego seems to be dribbling them out a few days at a time.  I rather make an appt a month out then have to check constantly to see if I can get an appt for tomorrow.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #501 on: January 13, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »
Get ready to make those over 65 appointments.  California has been following the CDC guidance.  The CDC just changed their guidance.  Now they are saying that anyone over 65 should get the vaccine.  They are also saying that vaccine should not be held back for people's second dose.  Get out as many first doses as possible.  So we are matching what the UK did.  Which is funny since 2 weeks ago everyone from the FDA to Fauci was dead set against it.

Now to see when California will take up this new guidance.
1A, healthcare workers only is still what the reservation pages say.  An interview on the news with the spokesperson for a site that just opened today said it was for 1A only.  That they hope to spin up more capacity when the other tiers open.

My understanding is that the state hasn't accepted the CDC guidance from yesterday yet.  That might happen as early as today.

I would love to have it wrong and that it's been opened already.  But it's always been the case that anyone can make an appt.  It's when you show up that they verify eligibility with ID.  I guess one could make an appt now and hope that the rules change by the time of the appt.  But if a lot of people did that, it would gum up the system.

I really wish that San Diego opened the calendar out indefinitely.  In other states, you can make appts months out.  San Diego seems to be dribbling them out a few days at a time.  I rather make an appt a month out then have to check constantly to see if I can get an appt for tomorrow.

you're outlinong my point ;)
 i believe, like you, we are in a state of 'getting ready' for the next tier opening. We don't know when it'll happen OR how fast the web site will be able to reflect the change.
it seems clear however, that site will be used and an appointment system will be used.

i find it disheartening there have been no updates to the definition to the tiers over the past week.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:58:22 PM by alyssa »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #502 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33:46 PM »
you're outline my point ;)
 i believe, like you, we are in a state of 'getting ready' for the next tier opening. We don't know when it'll happen OR how fast the web site will be able to reflect the change.
it seems clear however, that site will be used and an appointment system will be used.

i find it disheartening there have been no updates to the definition to the tiers over the past week.

No. California is vaccinating 65 and up. I made an appointment for my dad last night. It said 65 and up.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #503 on: January 13, 2021, 02:20:55 PM »
I just tried to make an appointment for my grandma (Orange County CA, 91 years old) and after I registered her, the website said that California is currently vaccinating healthcare workers only. So they are definitely not all updated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #504 on: January 13, 2021, 03:02:17 PM »
New Jersey decided to skip over group 1B and allow those 65 and older, or at high risk of death from Covid-19 to get vaccinated.
My Wife and I were able to schedule appointments for this coming weekend.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #505 on: January 13, 2021, 04:26:53 PM »
Right; just because CA Governor Gavin Newsome makes the announcement (as he did Wed. 1/13 publicly) that CA will begin vaccinating 65+ year old folks doesn't mean the changes are reflected immediately on all of the specific websites.  Remember, since USA has zero national healthcare system, each. county and each healthcare provider is handling the vaccinations on their own/in their own timeframes.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 04:29:04 PM by perc2100 »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #506 on: January 13, 2021, 06:48:47 PM »
San Diego has updated it's site.  People 65 and over cannot get their vaccinations yet.  What's happening is that 1B-1 has been changed to be 65 and over from 75 and over.  Previously 65 and over was 1B-2.  So right now it's still 1A only, health care workers.

"The County of San Diego (County) is currently prioritizing COVID-19 vaccination events for healthcare workers and employees and residents of long-term care facilities, based upon federal and state guidance and recommendations from the County's COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Advisory Group. People 65 years of age and older are in the next priority group (Phase 1B-Tier 1) for COVID-19 vaccination."

So it's still a waiting game for those in San Diego county.  I guess those 65 and over in the northern reaches could register for Disneyland and make the drive.  It's really not that much farther than driving to downtown San Diego.

In other San Diego news, the positivity rate is now 22%.  That's pretty horrendous.  Stay home.

Update: I just got an email from our medical group.  They confirm what's on the county website.  Currently 1A, next up is 1B-1 which will now be 65 and over.  This is actually bad news for us since before it was 75 and up.  So now the group is over twice as big and thus more competition for appointments.  They asked people to be patient since there are 500,000 people in group 1A so it'll be a while.  The funny part was they asked that people stop calling.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 09:16:39 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #507 on: January 13, 2021, 10:49:37 PM »
I had no luck with the app that takes appointments for Orange County.  Trying to get on it is like trying to buy a Comic-Con badge back in the day when everybody jumps in the waiting room at once.  Of the 60,000 that tried to get in, only 10,000 were successful.  They are booked for the next three days.  I wish both Kaiser and the pharmacy chains would make themselves available.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #508 on: January 13, 2021, 11:12:44 PM »
I had no luck with the app that takes appointments for Orange County.  Trying to get on it is like trying to buy a Comic-Con badge back in the day when everybody jumps in the waiting room at once.  Of the 60,000 that tried to get in, only 10,000 were successful.  They are booked for the next three days.  I wish both Kaiser and the pharmacy chains would make themselves available.

Kaiser is available. I read online that they will vaccinate non-Kaiser patients but I can't find that right now.

The Orange County site is working right now. I clicked and got in right away. It seems to work better at night.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #509 on: January 13, 2021, 11:34:46 PM »
I would check if your local Ralphs or Albertsons pharmacies are administering the vaccine. The ones out here in Riverside County are doing it for Phase 1A groups, but that should change soon to include Phase 1B tier 1 essential workers, and for those 65 and older. You can always schedule an appointment for a week or two out, with the expectation that the later groups would have been added by then. Might be worth a shot.  :D

Sign up at Albertsons to receive info You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:48:52 PM by frgx »