Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Returning Registration discussion (aka Pre-Registration)  (Read 46026 times)

Offline Kira001

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
Re: SDCC 2019 Returning Registration discussion (aka Pre-Registration)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 01:07:58 PM »
I am really looking forward to next year, hopefully Marvel comes back to Hall H because like every one else, I missed the hype when it comes to Marvel taking the stage in Hall H, not to hate on WB (which had an amazing panel this year).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:37:36 PM by Kira001 »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
For those who are interested in returning registration buying groups, I should be making an announcement about the groups towards the end of the month.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 08:36:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For those who are interested in returning registration buying groups, I should be making an announcement about the groups towards the end of the month.
Awesome!
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline Kira001

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »

Can't wait, I don't care where I am at.......be at work, vacation, or out in the town. I will drop everything that I am doing to get tickets for next year because I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 10:57:05 AM »
I'm trying to remember if last years Returning Reg was in Nov or Dec?
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 10:57:50 AM »
I'm trying to remember if last years Returning Reg was in Nov or Dec?

Dec 9 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »
Dec 9 :)

Returning reg was October.

Open Reg was December
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 11:09:57 AM »
Returning reg was October.

Open Reg was December

Right sorry lol  I saw open (scrolled to quick)  returning was like Oct 27

I need more caffeine

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
Yeah for me the "Post-Con blues" = "time for myself and the kids to prep for back-to-school."  As a HS music teacher (and for my 16 year old HS band student) that means Band Camp.
For me Pre-Reg. can often be a very perilous time.  I have rehearsals nearly every Saturday from mid-Sept. to mid-November.  In 2016 Pre-reg was in August, and that was PERFECT for me; I'd even settle for anytime between now & mid-Sept.  I've been lucky and hasn't missed Comic-Con since moving to San Diego in summer 1999 so I can't complain; but if we're talking about "I'd likes..." then that's my (likely unpopular) vote

Offline meecheles

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 02:41:21 PM »
August or September might be a little to soon for pre-reg.  I know a lot of people need a little time to get their finances together . I also live in San Diego, so I do not have the hassle of getting a flight or hotel room but I understand those who need a little more time. I think Oct is a great time to hold the return-reg and Nov hold the  open-reg.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »
Huge hints:

Comic-Con 2019 Child-to-Junior Badge Validation

Did you attend Comic-Con 2018 as a child but are now a junior attendee? Children who attended Comic-Con 2018 with a paid adult attendee that are age 13 or older on July 31, 2018 may be eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2019 Returning Registration!

To qualify for Returning Registration, you must create a Comic-Con Member ID account. Make sure to select "Junior" as your membership type! Once you have created a new account and confirmed the email address, log in to your Member ID account, select the “Registration Info” tab, and enter the child badge number from the back of your Comic-Con 2018 child badge.

The child badge number is located on the back of the child badge, under the emergency contact phone number. All child badge numbers start with a “901” or “902” prefix. You will need to select the correct prefix from the dropdown list and enter the remaining characters in the field that follows. You will not need to input the dash. (Ex: 901-##### or 902-#####)

If you have already created a junior Comic-Con Member ID account, log in to your existing account and follow the steps above.

If the child-to-junior validation link is not visible in the “Registration Info” tab, your birthdate is not in the correct range for child-to-junior validation, or you accidentally registered as an adult membership type during new account creation. If the validation link is not visible, please use the "contact us" feature well in advance of the September 6, 2018 deadline to correct your membership type or birthdate.

You must validate your Comic-Con 2018 child badge number by September 6, 2018 to be eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2019 Returning Registration.

Member ID Notices also updated:

Comic-Con 2019 Attendee Registration

Did your child attend Comic-Con 2018 and would like to be eligible for Comic-Con 2019 Returning Registration? Children who attended Comic-Con 2018 with a paid adult attendee who were age 13 or older on July 31, 2018 may be eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2019 Returning Registration! Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for instructions on how to complete the child-to-junior validation process by September 6, 2018. You will need the physical Comic-Con 2018 child badge to complete the validation process.

Comic-Con 2019 Returning Registration is open to Comic-Con 2018 paid attendees only. You may purchase badges for up to three people - yourself included - during Returning Registration. Each person must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID and must be eligible to participate in Returning Registration. You may not purchase badges for others using your own Member ID.

If you did not purchase an attendee badge for Comic-Con 2018, you may participate in Comic-Con 2019 Open Registration. To participate in Open Registration, you must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. The Member ID system will close - without notice - in advance of Open Registration. Make sure you and anyone you wish to buy a badge for has their own confirmed Member ID well ahead of Open Registration or you may be left out! Please keep in mind that not all badges are sold during Returning Registration. There will be badges available during Open Registration.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:54:48 AM by AzT »

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »
Last years child validation was due Oct 6 and returning reg was like Oct 27....  this year is due Sep 6....   so my thoughts are leaning end of Sep

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
Last years child validation was due Oct 6 and returning reg was like Oct 27....  this year is due Sep 6....   so my thoughts are leaning end of Sep

I found the email.  They initially had to complete the registration by September 20.  but seems they did extend to october 6?  In any case, signs point towards end of September or beginning of October (the first weekend would be a nightmare due to NYCC).

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:14:51 AM by rabbitwarren »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 10:15:49 AM »
I found the email.  They initially had to complete the registration by September 20.  but seems they did extend to october 6?  In any case, signs point towards end of September or beginning of October (the first weekend would be a nightmare due to NYCC).

I recall that they did extend it last year, because children born in September were unable to create a member ID until October.

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2018, 01:35:36 PM »
With all the (deserving!) hype surrounding it being the 50th year anniversary, I can definitely see them being on an accelerated schedule this year.

Then again, I'm always wrong about that kind of stuff so *shurggy guy*