Author Topic: Star Trek: Discovery Panel Set for Comic-Con Sat, July 22nd, 2:30 p.m. PST B20  (Read 3032 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login @StarTrek 15m15 minutes ago

Get ready to beam down to San Diego! #StarTrekDiscovery is coming to @comic_con on Sat, July 22 at 2:30PM PT in Ballroom 20. #SDCC2017 #SDCC pic.twitter.com/OO5X2GAowO

fb video You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:59:57 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
What do people think about the 2 pilot controversy?

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
What do people think about the 2 pilot controversy?
It's business, and not uncommon at all in the industry.  The pilot is almost a 'proof of concept' type of thing and it's not uncommon to go back and tweak what works and redo what doesn't.  At this point I much prefer the show "gets it right" rather than puts out a less-than-ideal pilot just because it's already done.  I personally won't have any decision on a "controversy" until after I see the finished pilot(s).  Just like with ANT-MAN or ROGUE ONE, which were rumored to be very troubled productions one way or the other, the finished versions are pretty strong (with ROGUE ONE being flat-out great IMO) so I can't complain, really.  Though I'd LOVE to have seen what Wrights version of Ant-Man would've been (though his credits are all over the place, so 'his version' was still fairly firmly planted in the final product, there's no denying his visual style would've made the final product look probably substantially different.

I'm definitely in a "wait and see" boat.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
I understand what you are saying.  That's the point of a pilot afterall.  To test the concept.  Generally, there are a lot of changes made after the pilot like with the cast.

What's happening with Discovery though is completely different.  They aren't talking about it having two competing pilots.  They are planning on it starting one way and then at some point in the season having the "second pilot".  With a different crew and a different ship.  The link between the two will be one character.

Offline tweetygal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 59
Oh man. Between ONCE and the DCTV block, this will be hard to get in.  :( Star Trek is the only draw for me for B20 Saturday. May have to skip it.

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
I will try for this. I will be the one asking the following question:

qatlh franchise ghopDu' Abrams SoH? SoH Maniacs! 'oH screw SoH! Hu'tegh SoHvaD quvHa'! SuH, Hoch ghe''or quvHa' jay'!
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline quixotichoco

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
I'll be in line for this by 10am and it's the only thing I want to see in Ballroom 20. I can save a spot for someone if they'd be willing to spot me for like 45 min-1hr to grab a book author's signature!  >__<

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline rv65

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 12
Oh man. Between ONCE and the DCTV block, this will be hard to get in.  :( Star Trek is the only draw for me for B20 Saturday. May have to skip it.

Once upon a time does not draw that big of a crowd and there might be people leaving after Simpsons and American Dad/Family Guy.

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
The draw of Hall H Saturday is greater for this Trekkie, so I'm skipping this. I think anything we hear is hearsay and speculation until confirmed at SDCC. It's an interesting idea to follow two ships in one series, but how are they going to do it? Shenzou in part 1 of the season, and then Discovery in part 2? Go back and forth between the two? Are the Shenzou scenes flashbacks? I'm looking forward to many answers from the panel... which I'm going to miss.
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline tweetygal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 59
The draw of Hall H Saturday is greater for this Trekkie, so I'm skipping this. I think anything we hear is hearsay and speculation until confirmed at SDCC. It's an interesting idea to follow two ships in one series, but how are they going to do it? Shenzou in part 1 of the season, and then Discovery in part 2? Go back and forth between the two? Are the Shenzou scenes flashbacks? I'm looking forward to many answers from the panel... which I'm going to miss.

So funny, because I've just decided to skip Hall H for Star Trek instead. Loads of panels for both rooms I'm not interested in but at least I'd get out earlier from Ballroom 20.

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
i have a group (tweetygal you are in) if anyone wants to help out PM me the link to your facebook page and we'll add you to the chat and sign up sheet.  Live Long and Prosper.