Author Topic: CCI 2013 Super-MEGA-Gigantic Hotel Discussion and FAQ Thread  (Read 152824 times)

Offline nerdftw

• Ballroom 20
  • "Eleven's the best; you'll cry your eyes out"
  • Liked: 106
Hey guys,

In the hopes of starting really (ridiculously) early. . .

Has anyone been able to book a hotel near the convention center for next year's Con?  I'm half tempted to plan a fake wedding to have a block of rooms for the fake guests lol :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:17:55 PM by alyssa »
Oswin: Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy?

The Doctor: Doctor. You call me the Doctor.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: CCI 2013 Super-MEGA-Gigantic Hotel Discussion and FAQ Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey guys,

Has anyone been able to book a hotel near the convention center for next year's Con?  I'm half tempted to plan a fake wedding to have a block of rooms for the fake guests lol :)

Dates for some of the hotels should open up in a week or so. You probably won't find anything in the downtown area though.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »
Hey guys,

I just booked a junior suite at The Manchester Grand Hyatt from 07/13/2012 to 07/21/2012 for $229 a night. No deposit needed, and you can cancel your reservation 24 hours before check in.

I also attempted to use 07/14/2012 as a check in date and the daily rate doubles.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:28:33 PM by David Ramirez »
Best part of San Diego Comic Con 2012 was waiting for My Little Pony Durpy Hooves for 6 hours with about 6 other fathers all getting them for their daughters.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »
Thank you so much David! I just booked the room! We were able to get a Junior Suite for $229 per night booking for 8 nights (the 13th through the 21st). This is cancelable up until 3 pm on July 12th! I am so relieved  to have this!

You are awesome! I wish there were a bowdown smilie here because I would totally post a whole page of them for you!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:42:12 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
Since folks are planning ahead, here are the official dates:

Thursday-Sunday
July 18-21, 2013
Preview Night:
Wednesday, July 17

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »
Thank you so much David! I just booked the room! We were able to get a Junior Suite for $229 per night booking for 8 nights (the 13th through the 21st). This is cancelable up until 3 pm on July 12th! I am so relieved  to have this!

You are awesome! I wish there were a bowdown smilie here because I would totally post a whole page of them for you!

No problem many of the bordies here have helped out allot on the Comic-Con facebook page with relaying information, so im just returning the favor.  :)

On a side note some one might want to post it on Comic-Con International facebook as well, i would but it seems my profile has been blocked from posting comments on their wall. Im sure it was from my one aggravated remark durring the convention, but i can live with it.  :-[
Best part of San Diego Comic Con 2012 was waiting for My Little Pony Durpy Hooves for 6 hours with about 6 other fathers all getting them for their daughters.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »
No problem many of the bordies here have helped out allot on the Comic-Con facebook page with relaying information, so im just returning the favor.  :)

On a side note some one might want to post it on Comic-Con International facebook as well, i would but it seems my profile has been blocked from posting comments on their wall. Im sure it was from my one aggravated remark durring the convention, but i can live with it.  :-[

Some things can be kept a secret for a little longer... ;)

Just to clarify that statement a bit. With the steep increase in pricing if you change the start date, it could be reasoned that it's some glitch in the system that isn't picking up the change. Would suck to post it out there in the open and result in folks paying an extra $400/night for the same room since the Hyatt updated their system.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:12:51 PM by kvthai »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
I agree, keep it for this board for a little longer!!

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:10:18 PM »
I booked it too! 7/13 - 7/22, $229/night :)

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »
Transmute Jun and kvthai

I do understand that reasoning, lets all just keep our fingers crossed for second.  ;D

Oh yeah and i just noticed i got the price wrong as well, i got the same deal at $229. So if its true even better.  :o
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:27:38 PM by David Ramirez »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
It's my understanding that if the hotel posts the wrong price, and you book it at that price and receive a confirmation, they will honor that price.  Good that we noticed it before they did!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 09:46:48 PM »
It's my understanding that if the hotel posts the wrong price, and you book it at that price and receive a confirmation, they will honor that price.  Good that we noticed it before they did!

I don't think it's an error per se... I suspect they manually put into the system that if you arrive Sunday or later the rates are more... not anticipating people who would be even looking at arriving nearly a week in advance before the Con even starts. So in other words the pricing programming is working as they intended, but there was an oversight in terms of how much pricing adjustment they needed.

In any case, I have a confirmation and I'm feeling good! :D

Hey... we could have a huge Friends of CCI party at the Hyatt the Monday or Tuesday before the Con next year, since we'll all be staying there, LOL!

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
Sadly this is only for the Hyatt! I'm personally trying to get hold of either the Marriott or Hard Rock but the website for both says that there is nothing available during those dates yet. Damn! :p

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »
Sadly this is only for the Hyatt! I'm personally trying to get hold of either the Marriott or Hard Rock but the website for both says that there is nothing available during those dates yet. Damn! :p

Dogberry, I'm in that boat too. I'd prefer the Hilton or the Marriott, but they're not booking right now. However the Hyatt is almost as close (on the other side of the Marriott from the convention center) and this reservation is cancelable. It's worth booking just as a backup, and if you ended up there, it would be close for walking to the Con, so not too bad for cosplaying.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
I'm hoping they don't catch the error untill tomorrow & I can book this for my entire stay.  I like leaving on Tuesday after the con.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5