Author Topic: WonderCon 2017 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
WonderCon 2017 Room Sharing Thread
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:38:18 PM »
Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site trying to get a roommate for WonderCon.  ONLY POST HERE! 

Please post only ONCE in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread). 

Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.  You have been warned.

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests onlyConversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strike-through feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]     
Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

This thread is NOT intended for making hotel requests.  It does not replace the hotel exchange in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not post here if you are looking to trade a hotel reservation or get a hotel reservation giveaway.

If you post in this thread, please be aware that this means you are saying that you WANT roommates at whatever hotel you end up with.  Provide details about yourself.  Include the description and preferences!

If you post in this thread, this means that you agree to have other forum members contact you via PM for the possibility of sharing a room together at WonderCon 2017.

We're doing our best to help keep the forums organized for reading and discussing, but we need your help to do this.

Thank you for your understanding!

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)
(or) 
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.  I prefer non-smoking roommates.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:
The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at WonderCon.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:

If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

You can create a post for condo sharing using the same format as above, but just type "CONDO RENTAL" or "LOOKING FOR CONDO ROOMMATES" at the top, instead of "looking for a room" or "looking for a roommate."  Replace any sections as necessary to describe the condo and explain the pricing costs.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES
1. Go to the person's post in this thread.
2. Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
3. Fill out the "Subject" box with "WonderCon Room Sharing."
4. Type in your message to the other person.  Don't forget to discuss details about the room share thoroughly before making agreements!

HOW TO EDIT YOUR POST ON THE FORUMS
1. Click on "Modify" at the top right corner area of your post.
2. Alternatively, you can click on the little paper and pencil icon on the bottom right area of your post.
3. Edit the text as necessary.
4. Click "Save."
5. That's it!  You have successfully edited your post.

(This method works for any of your posts on the forums. ^__~)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
Re: WonderCon 2017 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:51:20 AM »
Looking for a Room-mate, have Hilton booked

[b]Name[/b] dolphina
Hotel Name: Hilton (next to convention center)
Days: Check in on Friday and Check out on Sunday.

Price: $110/ night
No smoking is allowed in room.
Spaces The room is a double. so looking for one person or a couple to share the 2nd bed.

Age PreferenceNo age preference.
Gender PreferenceNo Gender preference. Co-ed, male, female.

I am a female in her 50's and will be attending the con all three days, will be lining up early for autographs and probably doing meet ups in the evening. Feel free to message me for any questions.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:31:16 PM by dolphina »
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:20:20 AM »

Offline freight

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:34:43 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Freight
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Anaheim Hilton
Days: Fri, March 31 to Sun, April 2
Price Per Night: $55 per night
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces: 1

Preferences and Description:  I prefer respectful and clean people.  I will probably be somewhat chatty, but if you aren't interested, I won't press the point.  It is a Dual Queen Bed room at the Anaheim Hilton
Age Preference of Roommates: 21+, thought I may take people 18+ after a couple of emails and convernsation.
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed.  I'm too married to get into trouble.  =)
Include a brief description about yourself: I have media duties during the weekend, so I may be in and out a lot.  I'm going to be 40 this year, but I'm still a determined nerd, so I will be respectful of everything you bring. 
Additional preferences for roommates: I'm not a drinker, and I just ask you don't get fall down drunk.  I've had too many weekends of peeling people off of a floor.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:45:02 PM by freight »