Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211270 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2565 on: May 14, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone else running into resistance from Onpeak getting a room transferred over? I was generously given a room in the exchange, but I've hit a speed bump from OP (or maybe just one operator) who wouldn't let anyone who wasn't the original booker make changes. This is my first time trying an exchange, so I'm not sure how smooth the process usually is.

Generally, an exchange isn't too complicated if it is before the deposit has been made, or even before the refund deadline has passed. Once that deposit is non-refundable, there are often problems.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #2566 on: May 14, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »
Anyone else running into resistance from Onpeak getting a room transferred over? I was generously given a room in the exchange, but I've hit a speed bump from OP (or maybe just one operator) who wouldn't let anyone who wasn't the original booker make changes. This is my first time trying an exchange, so I'm not sure how smooth the process usually is.

That's always been the case.  The original booker will be the one to make the change. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2567 on: Today at 03:12:27 PM »

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #2567 on: May 14, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
I just got an email warning me that I had a duplicate reservation. Fix it or lose it. Maybe they will start cancelling some duplicates and opening up some rooms.

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #2568 on: May 14, 2019, 01:17:02 PM »
I just got an email warning me that I had a duplicate reservation. Fix it or lose it. Maybe they will start cancelling some duplicates and opening up some rooms.

For which hotel by chance?
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #2569 on: May 14, 2019, 01:21:24 PM »
Am I the only person who rechecks their current hotel reservation to make sure it doesn't disappear?

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #2570 on: May 14, 2019, 01:23:38 PM »
Am I the only person who rechecks their current hotel reservation to make sure it doesn't disappear?

I check at least every other day.  ;D
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #2571 on: May 14, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »
For which hotel by chance?

I have a night at the Bayfront and the Hyatt that overlap. I responded that I need them both.

Offline TeamKiLL3R

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 63
« Reply #2572 on: May 14, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »
I have a night at the Bayfront and the Hyatt that overlap. I responded that I need them both.

I had this last year. i just had to change the name on one of my reservations to another adult that was staying in that room. i called onpeak and they helped me do it over the phone.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #2573 on: May 14, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »

Nope.

I always check to make sure I'm not dreaming.   :) :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #2574 on: May 14, 2019, 02:11:14 PM »
Does anyone know if Hotels give you a hard time about adding on a night's stay through another site that's not OnPeak?

I was thinking about staying an additional night, but it's cheaper to book directly through the Hotel for Sunday night rather than using OnPeak. Does anyone know if the Hotel makes you check out and check back into another room for the one night OR will they let you stay in the one room for the duration of your stay?

Offline crenshawk5

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #2575 on: May 14, 2019, 02:16:39 PM »
Does anyone know if Hotels give you a hard time about adding on a night's stay through another site that's not OnPeak?

I was thinking about staying an additional night, but it's cheaper to book directly through the Hotel for Sunday night rather than using OnPeak. Does anyone know if the Hotel makes you check out and check back into another room for the one night OR will they let you stay in the one room for the duration of your stay?
No problem at all. I had no problem linking my extra day at MGH last year. I did it at check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 87
« Reply #2576 on: May 14, 2019, 02:30:04 PM »

I've done this multiple times with hotels, especially to grab Monday and Tuesday as they're usually cheaper (and available) outside of onpeak. When you check in, just mention it if they don't say and they should be able to roll it all into one. Most times, it's already done by the time you show up. Make sure you book with the same names and if possible, use the hotel's rewards systems to create a good through-line for the reservation.

One year the Omni even told me to come back Wednesday (after checking in Monday) for new keys if I wanted so I could get the souvenir ones.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #2577 on: May 14, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »

Every year, I log into my reservation AND into CCI once a week to reassure myself everything is still there.

Offline Berts

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #2578 on: May 14, 2019, 04:04:54 PM »
Hi everyone. I hope this is the right thread to ask this question. I've searched around the transfer/trade room threads and haven't quite been able to find an answer. I traded a forum member for a Solamar room before the refund deadline. I paid the deposit with my card and the reservation has my name listed. My wife's name is listed under roommates. But the original person's name who was given the room in the lottery is still listed under "Group Name" and their name is also listed at the top under Room Assignments when I click on the "edit/review" button (marked in pictures.) I've changed the e-mail and phone number attached to the account to mine and I've changed the password so I'm the only one with access. Will I need to call OnPeak to have the account name changed to mine or will I be able to check in to my room without doing that? Thank you so much for any help and I hope this all makes sense.

*"OG NAME" = Original person's name

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2579 on: May 14, 2019, 04:08:24 PM »
Berts, no, it doesn't matter than the original person's name is there. When you check into the hotel, all they will care about is the name on the reservation itself (which you said is you and your wife). You are fine.

Always good to check, though!