Author Topic: NYCC 2018 Activations/Offsites  (Read 7442 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: NYCC 2018 Activations/Offsites
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 12:04:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That was some experience, thank you TJ for giving us an early heads up on this.
My group of 3 just made it for the last reservation at 10pm on Saturday.
I really enjoyed it, I took the pill, ate all the food and worshiped the earth and light.
Did anyone else go?

I went to the press preview. I thought it was a good idea, but I was nervous about the pill. In this day and age, someone offering me a pill and not telling me what's in it bothers me. The food and drink were okay, but since I don't eat seafood or drink alcohol I didn't partake. The part where you were inducted and led around in the 'dark' was very creepy, and definitely set a mood, but the interactions taking with cult members were mixed. The scene at the end with the portal was cool, but I felt the storyline was a bit disconnected and it didn't really explain or answer anything. So in other words, I had a mixed review.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, GoDolphin! Did it inspire you to learn more about the Unknown 9 universe?

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »
I went to the press preview. I thought it was a good idea, but I was nervous about the pill. In this day and age, someone offering me a pill and not telling me what's in it bothers me. The food and drink were okay, but since I don't eat seafood or drink alcohol I didn't partake. The part where you were inducted and led around in the 'dark' was very creepy, and definitely set a mood, but the interactions taking with cult members were mixed. The scene at the end with the portal was cool, but I felt the storyline was a bit disconnected and it didn't really explain or answer anything. So in other words, I had a mixed review.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, GoDolphin! Did it inspire you to learn more about the Unknown 9 universe?
Yes it definitely did, I actually talked to the staff at the Dark Horse Comics booth the next day about it.
The activation was way out there but I had a few cocktails at the Good Omens party beforehand and I was ready to go all in.
That last scene with the portal was something else. My group was really playing along with the whole thing. I wanted to get my mask covered with as many symbols as possible, so I told them some crazy stuff about my love for the light and I'm also rather fond of the earth etc

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 10:30:05 PM »

Offline nightshade

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2018, 09:00:37 AM »
Yes it definitely did, I actually talked to the staff at the Dark Horse Comics booth the next day about it.
The activation was way out there but I had a few cocktails at the Good Omens party beforehand and I was ready to go all in.
That last scene with the portal was something else. My group was really playing along with the whole thing. I wanted to get my mask covered with as many symbols as possible, so I told them some crazy stuff about my love for the light and I'm also rather fond of the earth etc

Btw, how was the Good Omens party?  Long line/wait to get in? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »
The Good Omens party was ok, they didn't have any swag or any photo op setups.
But they did have heaven downstairs with an open bar and some hors d'oeuvres.
Hell was upstairs with the similar offerings, each bar had a signature heaven/hell cocktail
And not really any wait to get in but we were on the rsvp list, I'm not sure if anyone could have walked in.

Offline Simon

• Exhibit Hall
    • Video Game Tidbits
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 07:06:42 AM »
The Good Omens party was ok, they didn't have any swag or any photo op setups.
But they did have heaven downstairs with an open bar and some hors d'oeuvres.
Hell was upstairs with the similar offerings, each bar had a signature heaven/hell cocktail
And not really any wait to get in but we were on the rsvp list, I'm not sure if anyone could have walked in.

They was actually dragging random people off the streets because it was dead. The drinks and finger food was good but it was poorly organized.

Offline chungerrr

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 11:13:54 AM »
They was actually dragging random people off the streets because it was dead. The drinks and finger food was good but it was poorly organized.

damn I wanted to go and signed up for the list, but never got a confirmation email and figured I was SOL

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 11:19:28 AM »
My friends went and had a good time, I was too exhausted so I went home. But we went over at like 9:30 or something and there was no wait to get in.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 02:20:14 PM »
We called it an early night on Sat evening as well. We did the Unknown 9 activation 5pm-6pm, which was really weird and creepy, haha. The two of us got separated and weren't next to each other, and it turned out neither of us took the pill. After that, we just headed back to our hotel in NJ.