Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Reviews  (Read 3995 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: NYCC 2016 Reviews
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 09:41:20 AM »
Quick thanks to everyone posting about nycc, gave me a chance to live vicariously :)

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »
instead of people buying vip tickets, they bought places on line
(this is after the convention, and noone can take advantage of it now, so i mention it)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

proof that it happens, as someone always says i am wrong. it might have gotten people that were on the fence to go, to go.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:00:24 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 07:56:44 AM »
Quick thanks to everyone posting about nycc, gave me a chance to live vicariously :)
and... that's one of the main reasons for the forum to be part of the con experience even when not attending.  We've been working on the brand Mission statement for a while now. 
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 11:34:01 AM »

and... that's one of the main reasons for the forum to be part of the con experience even when not attending.

[member=4270]mark[/member]: Indeed, alyssa has the exact sentiment.  That's another reason why these sorts of threads are created in the first place.  ^__~  It's great to read all of these comments and feedback, getting different viewpoints from first-time or long-time attendees.  Everyone's convention experience is different, and sharing it helps others prepare for the next time around as well.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »
instead of people buying vip tickets, they bought places on line
(this is after the convention, and noone can take advantage of it now, so i mention it)

proof that it happens, as someone always says i am wrong. it might have gotten people that were on the fence to go, to go.

I don't see a much more expensive ticket getting someone who is on the fence about going to go. If anything i would think a cheaper ticket would get someone on the fence about going to go.  But it's really besides the point anyway because NYCC doesn't need anyone on the fence to go. The con gets more and more popular every year and people who really want to go have trouble getting tickets so NYCC isn't really worried about people on the fence going.

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 10:44:14 PM »
Some thoughts on NYCC 16

-I had a blast this year :) I know I sound like a broken record when saying this....but I am truly amazed how much its grown each year (been going since the beginning...when it got shut down by the fire marshal). I managed to get into the panels I wanted (didn't have to use backups) although I overslept a bit on Sunday but managed to make it to the Legion panel 5 min. late.

-The Marvel/Netflix panel was definitely the highlight...so glad I was able to get into it and I covered it for TV site ScreenSpy (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login). Heh, I've been watching the video Marvel uploaded on YouTube of The Defenders portion and I think/get the feeling you can hear my screaming right when they showed the teaser on the screen lol.

-I thought the Theater/MSG was going to be a pain to get into but I actually waltzed in right before The Great Wall panel (I wasn't really aiming to get into that, thought I missed it....wanted to get into the Power Rangers/John Wick 2 panel)...and got a good decent seat for the PR/JW 2 panel. I didn't mind the walking etc. (NYCC Fit :))

-Speaking of walking etc. NYCC broke my FitBit all four days lol

-About Friday....was SHOCKED to see the line for the green entrance extend out to the park across the street. Luckily, I got in a bit late Friday and thought I could just go in easily through the blue entrance (I did) and tapped in for AoS panel. However when I went out to MSG/Theater saw the long line still at 2PM or so. If you were in that line....sorry you had to endure that :(

-I might say...I thought the Power Rangers wasn't too bad. I really wasn't into the show back in the 90s (seemed cheesy to me) but this new version/reboot looks ok. However I cannot wait until John Wick 2.

-At The Great Wall panel...was greatly amused at the fans screaming for the teen idol that was on the panel (the name escapes me now). ANd poor Matt Damon on the criticism he's getting....he looks fine in the movie. And same thing with Finn Jones...he looks really great as Danny Rand/Iron Fist.

-I quite liked the Experiential Zone/VR part...I only did The Man in the High Castle VR (was contemplating on doing John Wick but didn't want to look stupid making shooting stances lol). I didn't know there was a Westworld VR thing until after the con (saw the installation offsite) and was informed you could sign up for it at the Experiential Zone.

Overall had a great time.. :) Just wondering since many of you have been to both NYCC and SDCC (I only been to NYCC)...how does the crowd enthusiasm at panels compare? I was just wondering since listening to a podcast I normally listen to (IGN Channel Surfing You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login where one of the podcasters was just at NYCC (he moderated a few panels) and there was conversation of how different the crowds/audience enthusiasm is at each convention.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 03:04:33 AM »
-At The Great Wall panel...was greatly amused at the fans screaming for the teen idol that was on the panel (the name escapes me now).

I just refer to him as Chinese Bieber.  I got there early enough to sit in one of the front rows.  One of those Chinese girls tried to get me to trade with a friend of hers further back, another one was willing to offer me money for my seat.  And when they couldn't get a seat in the front section, they tried to sit in the aisle.

Offline littlenemo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »
One of the guys sitting in the front got offered $100 per 30 minutes for his seat in The Great Wall. Apparently he took it.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »
Question is, did he get his seat back when it was done?

Offline eco49

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »
I was glad I didn't get involved in the melee for the first rows, because the first 12 or so were flat and the stadium seating started at 13, so I eased right into the center of the first stadium row with a view advantage with no problem whatsoever.