Author Topic: WonderCon 2015 Parking  (Read 5240 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
WonderCon 2015 Parking
« on: January 22, 2015, 08:37:42 AM »
WC 2015 parking stuff goes here.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:43:25 PM by Zero »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Wondercon Parking
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:26:51 AM »
Quote from: Zero
I don't know if this will help anyone in regards to parking around the ACC, but here's a map from the ACC website:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This might be more helpful for those just driving and not staying overnight, but perhaps it could be a good reference for others too.

I also like to use parkopedia.com to check out parking lots around the area.  (It even tells you the prices!)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: WonderCon 2015 Parking
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:43:03 AM »

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »
Parking right next to the Hilton via the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort parking lot is my secret sneaky parking area.

What will normally happen is you will see signs pointing you away from this parking lot, because it is used by people staying at the Sheraton. Head south on Harbor past Katella ave and turn into what looks like parking for the Morton's restaurant, drive past the restaurant heading west and you end up at a parking booth for the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort parking lot. Parking is about $20 per day. Most people miss it because you can't see the entrance until you are past the restaurant.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »
Just a friendly reminder that the neighborhood behind the convention center is parking by pass only. Now, I have heard that some people that live there give passes, you just have to time it just right. Now, what you COULD do is to park in a close residential area that doesn't have pass only parking and then Uber or Lyft to the con. WAY less money than parking.

Another way to get "free" parking, go to one of the hotels or restaurants off of Harbor Blvd across the street from Disneyland. If you park over there (there's a McDonalds and other places), you can walk across the street and there are FREE shuttles to the convention center and surrounding hotels.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »
You would probably get towed if you park at one of the restaurants or hotels, while not dining or a hotel guest. Most of the hotels give guests special permits and there are signs that say no disney or con parking.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 03:02:56 PM »
Actually if you don't mind a bit of a walk ... if you go far enough away from the Convention Center you'll get to a point where the local resident neighborhood does not require a special permit to park. It'd be like parking in the neighborhood around your home. I've done this when it was me and my buddy, we're both healthy and young enough to do it and at least the last 2 years the weather is great. Plus, I don't purchase too much at WonderCon that I couldn't carry and even if that happened, since I'm not solo, one of could stay while the other gets the car and brings it around.

When my 80 year old dad came, of course we parked in the CC lot! Oh and no disrespect to Jim's parking suggestion or Kitty's, but if you can get into the CC lot ... some days it sells out quickly ... it's only like $12 as I recall. Very reasonably priced.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »
Yeah, CC lot is very reasonable. I got there at around 8am on Friday last year and got excellent parking.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 05:44:56 PM »
Added "2015" to the title of this thread.  ^__^d

(Back to your regularly scheduled programming.  Ha ha. ;p)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:29 PM »
From / see:

We’ve updated our WonderCon Anaheim Parking page, including the map below and more information. The parking lots at the Anaheim Convention Center tend to fill up quickly each morning, but there are overflow lots at the Disney Toy Story lot and the Anaheim GardenWalk. Parking at the Convention Center and the Anaheim GardenWalk lot is $15.00/day; the Disney Toy Story lot is $17.00/day, and all of the lots have NO in/out privileges. Look for additional information on the overhead message signs around the Convention Center for parking availability.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »
Don't forget to check out parkopedia.com.  (I love using this website for parking information!)

It gives you the pricing and operating hours as well as some parking lots around the area.  Click the parking lot in the map and it will show a pop-up with additional information:

^__^d  Hope this helps.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Lilith_hellfire

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 02:55:45 PM »
I don't know if this question has been asked or not but I'll give it a shot.
I have a reservation at the Hilton for friday- sunday. I was wondering if I could possibly park there and and avoid parking in the other lots. It's only a dollar more but the problem is check-in isn't until 4pm. I plan on arriving early, I thought I'd ask here before calling the hotel itself and asking.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »
I don't know if this question has been asked or not but I'll give it a shot.
I have a reservation at the Hilton for friday- sunday. I was wondering if I could possibly park there and and avoid parking in the other lots. It's only a dollar more but the problem is check-in isn't until 4pm. I plan on arriving early, I thought I'd ask here before calling the hotel itself and asking.

I actually recommend calling the hotel directly, as they'll have the most updated information and policies.

However, it should be okay to parking in the hotel guest parking areas, since you do plan on checking and staying there.  Some hotel parking areas require the hotel room number, but it varies between hotels.  It's best to contact the hotel in that sense as well.

^__^d  Hope that helps.

Offline Lilith_hellfire

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »
I actually recommend calling the hotel directly, as they'll have the most updated information and policies.

However, it should be okay to parking in the hotel guest parking areas, since you do plan on checking and staying there.  Some hotel parking areas require the hotel room number, but it varies between hotels.  It's best to contact the hotel in that sense as well.

^__^d  Hope that helps.

It does thank you!

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 05:41:10 PM »
Anyone know about what time parking garage at the CC fills up on Sundays? Last year I was able to get there pretty early to secure good parking and just hang out in line til the show opened, but won't be able to arrive as early on Sunday.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Rox

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »
Does anyone know how early the parking garages open?