Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration 2020  (Read 29184 times)

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
Re: Star Wars Celebration 2020
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2020, 07:30:08 AM »
The Star Wars Nite event at Disneyland is officially sold out. Tickets were available at 5:32 am PT when I checked this morning. So, even with no RotR, the event remained popular.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2020, 07:33:38 AM »
It went live right at midnight PT.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 07:12:50 AM »

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2020, 07:50:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It went live right at midnight PT.
As expected, so either the event did not sell out until later, or more tickets were added when I checked...
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2020, 07:53:29 AM »
Probably just sold out later.  A lot of people were probably asleep when it went live.

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2020, 09:54:10 AM »
I'm not an AP holder and I never go to these special events. Someone please correct me if I'm I'm wrong, but the only differences in these special night events are special menu items and photo ops?
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2020, 11:31:58 AM »
And shorter lines.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2020, 02:15:50 PM »
Usually there are special character meet & greets as well.

Offline LibertyRoxx

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 131
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
Just hoping the corona virus is more under control by the time July rolls around for SDCC and this. Personally going to go regardless but with the threat of ECCC being canceled it's something to consider.
SDCC- 2011-2019, 2022; DCC- 2014, 2017, 2022; SWC- 1999, 2017, 2022; Dragon Con- 2014; Gallifrey One- 2015, 2018-2019, 2022-2023; NYCC- 2010-2019, 2021-2022; ECCC- 2018-2019, 2021-2022

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2020, 01:35:17 PM »
Hallmark

Star Wars Imperial Probe Droid Keepsake Ornament
 $35

SDCC, SWCA & NYCC

The Mandalorian The Child PXL8 Enamel Pin
 $8

PCC, SDCC, SWCA & NYCC

Additionally, a limited amount of the Imperial Probe Droid-themed will be available at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, August 27-30, along with three additional yet-to-be-announced collectibles that will be exclusive to that event.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:18:04 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2020, 08:06:34 PM »
Reed Exhibitions statement on the COVID-19 virus: Information for our Customers

Norwalk,  CT –  March 10,  2020:  Reed  Exhibitions  is  actively  and  continuously  monitoring  the  COVID-19  virus outbreak in line with local, state and federal authorities and public health advice, including that of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control  and  Prevention  (CDC)  and  the  World  Health Organization  (WHO).  Our policies  reflect the  travel restrictions and guidelines of the United States government.

Please check theevent website forup to dateinformation about anevent.  With regard to the COVID-19 virus, our positionremains  unchanged:  the  health  and  safety  of  our  exhibitors,  visitors  and  staff  is  our  number  one  priority.Currently, no federal restrictions are in place to preventconferences, conventions, trade shows,exhibitionsand travel within the United States

With the situation evolving rapidly, westrongly urge ourexhibitors and visitors to refer to the guidelines and protocols as  suggested  by the CDC(You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  local  /statepublic health authorities regarding the virus.

If you have any concerns that you may get caught up in an inbound or outbound quarantine, or are feeling unwell, you may want to reconsider your attendance at the event.

We are following local, state and federal public health advice closely.We have also contacted our venue partners and are coordinating  closely with  them  to  ensure  that they  are  acting  in  accordance  with  the  advice  of  public  health authorities and that information is available to our customers about the precautions being taken by the venue related to the COVID-19 virus. Statements/information from the venue(s) will be added to our event websites as they become available. In the United States, we have strengthened hygiene, sanitization and the availability of disinfectants at our events and we are ensuring that we have appropriate medical support and protocols in place based on guidance from local and state public health authorities.

Customers  who  wish  to  participate  in  our  events  and  who  are  not  impacted  by  travel  restrictions are  free  to  do so. Travel advice and entry guidelines varies from country to country.Our event attendees are encouraged to check the  latest  travel  advice  and  entry  guidelines  for their  home country and  the  United  Statesbefore  making arrangements. The United States has imposed travel restrictions to and from several countries

We are monitoring COVID-19 developments very closely and will follow up with customers as the situation develops. If you have any specific event questions, please refer to the event website and contact your customer service team.It you would like information about the industry response to theCOVID-19 virus, please refer to the SISO website.

MORE INFORMATION:The CDC’s standard recommendations for the general public to help prevent the  spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene:

-Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
-Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
-Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
-Stay home when you are sick.
-Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
-Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2020, 02:15:08 AM »
Media Registration

Media Reg is now open for
@sw_Celebration
. Get your applications in!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2020, 12:57:32 PM »

The truth is, it just makes more sense for everyone to move these major events online for now, whether you were planning to attend in person or not. There isn’t going to be a magical day on the near-horizon “when this is all over.” The curve may be flattened, and the numbers may go down, but the coronavirus isn’t just going to disappear overnight. And rather than wait until the last minute to cancel these events, organizers should try to be proactive and adjust to our new reality. You never have to get ready if you stay ready, right? I assume that virtual alternatives are already being discussed behind closed doors, but you know what would help? If event organizers saw there was some kind of online support for a virtual Con. We’re constantly seeing online petitions against one thing or another, but it’d be nice to see people band together in support of something for a change. This pandemic has already taken so much from us, and we can’t allow it to rob our sense of community, too.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2020, 01:22:56 PM »
I agree with what that article is calling for.  Do some people still really believe that SDCC or Celebration will happen this year?  I understand why companies can't cancel right now, they need to wait for the terms of their insurance policies to kick in.  That doesn't mean they can't go full bore on planning for and promoting virtual cons.  One doesn't exclude the other.  It's not either or.  Even when physical cons start happening again, there can still be a virtual element to it.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2020, 01:38:07 PM »
I’m sure there are people who still believe these events will happen. There are still people who believe this is all an overblown media hoax.
But their waiting to announce cancellations has nothing to do with insurance. Their insurance policies offer no coverage.  The head of ReedPop said so.  In SDCC’s case, they apparently need to negotiate with hotels, and they probably need to figure out the hellish logistics of canceling.  With SWCA, it’s at the end of August, over 4 months away.  They may as well wait and hope for a miracle rather than take the financial hit.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2020, 06:11:03 PM »
Celebration tickets being non-refundable doesn't give us the east advantage of cancellation like SDCC tickets. I haven't considered the resale site.  Keeping the tickets would allow us to partake in lotteries and the post-show store sale.  ReedPop hopefully will still fulfill the pre-order Merchandise portions of orders at least.
The announcements during the show, books and toys, are my highlights.  I will miss the Collectirs Panels, though like podcasts, I catch online versions anyway.
The Star Wars Show element, watching the last Celebration on YT, would the staple of any safe, virtual convention.