Comic-Con International > SDCC Guests, Autographs, and Off-Site Events

SDCC 2022 off-site Chatter

<< < (17/17)

Transmute Jun:
This is my review of this year's offsites.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Billyconard:
Great review of the offsite options this year.  These are becoming the main attraction for attendees like myself that have grown a little weary of the Hall H and Exhibit hall grinds over the years.

I personally did the following:
Severance
House of the Dragon
D&D
Moobys

Severance was an A+.  I love the show and this offsite exceeded my expectations.
HOTD was a solid B.  The standard queue line took forever and they opened too late in the day.  Once in, the experience was nice and well done. 
D&D was an A.  Easy reservations.  Short wait to get in.  Lots of people able to particpate.  Great experience.  A solid blueprint of how to do an offsite from start to finish.
Moobys was an F.  Overpriced, average food.  No experience - just some posters and banners for Clerks.  A total miss.  And I'm a big Kevin Smith fan, but this was a big bust for me.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

rallyv:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThis is my review of this year's offsites.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

--- End quote ---
A small correction on this, Abbott Elementary's offsite was a replica school with photo ops and a step squad performance at the end (with water bottle and gym bag as swag). The carnival games were a different offsite directly next to it in the Disney Bundleworks offsite.

Transmute Jun:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginA small correction on this, Abbott Elementary's offsite was a replica school with photo ops and a step squad performance at the end (with water bottle and gym bag as swag). The carnival games were a different offsite directly next to it in the Disney Bundleworks offsite.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for letting me know! I will make that correction.

chocolateshake:
It's not an offsite butYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThese are becoming the main attraction for attendees like myself that have grown a little weary of the Hall H and Exhibit hall grinds over the years.
--- End quote ---

They have always been my main attraction.  I've met people who only come to town to do the offsites.  They have never even tried to get comic-con tickets.

Normally the only time I'm in the convention center is to work a volunteer shift.  I've been asked why I even do it since I really don't take advantage of the free ticket for the day.  I tell them my comic-con experience is volunteering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version