Comic-Con International > SDCC Guests, Autographs, and Off-Site Events

SDCC Fundays 2023

<< < (2/48) > >>

noobmaster69:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI am thinking that they will setup giant tents or other structures made out of strong materials (like faux wood cabins for a camp environment). It could technically be setup and shut down afterward if they have enough workers there. Can't wait to see what the actual setup is going to be  :)

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you’re referring to a setup at Rady. Yeah, tents sound like a good idea - or perhaps several canopies to shield against some weather. Can’t wait for more details!

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI am thinking that they will setup giant tents or other structures made out of strong materials (like faux wood cabins for a camp environment). It could technically be setup and shut down afterward if they have enough workers there. Can't wait to see what the actual setup is going to be  :)

--- End quote ---
Why would they need to do that?  That isn't customary for any events held at the Rady Shell the last few years that I'm aware of.  If the event is in the evening/night, there's no need for any sort of tents.  Maybe they'd have cool stage set dressing sort of thing, similar to the booth theme: is that what you're talking about?

FWIW, The Rady Shell is a wonderful venue; I'll be there next Mother's Day weekend to watch STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE w/Symphony accompaniment.  I like to shell out for the better seats w/tables, have a nice meal & some wine to make a fun evening out of it.  I haven't seen any non-live music events at the Shell, so I'll be curious to see what Funko does with the space: while it may allow for more attendees, it may also feel quite a bit less intimate/overkill but I've never attended Funko Days so I don't know.  I'll be curious to see what the price is at the new venue, capacity/configuration Funko goes with (there are a multitude of different configurations they can use, albeit the "private events" are typically configured MUCH smaller than the larger symphony/pops concerts), etc.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

darqamin:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginWhy would they need to do that?  That isn't customary for any events held at the Rady Shell the last few years that I'm aware of.  If the event is in the evening/night, there's no need for any sort of tents.  Maybe they'd have cool stage set dressing sort of thing, similar to the booth theme: is that what you're talking about?

--- End quote ---

I have a feeling they will do more with the Rady Shell in terms of custom setup there than other events held there before, and related somehow to the theme for this year. It's just a hunch, we''ll see if I'm right   :D

Transmute Jun:
It will definitely be interesting to see what they do!

Did they announce the theme at WonderCon?

noobmaster69:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIt will definitely be interesting to see what they do!

Did they announce the theme at WonderCon?

--- End quote ---

I don’t think so. But whenever I get anything concrete, I’ll update the main post.
I’m rather curious as to how they’ll execute the party with 5x the attendees lol.
Additionally, it seems like they’ll be moving to a concert stage configuration vs one that’s centralized like last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version