Comic-Con International > SDCC Guests, Autographs, and Off-Site Events

SDCC 2023 off-site Chatter

(1/10) > >>

frgx:
Is it OK to start this?

Anyways, here's a little bit of news about Comic-Con Afterparties.  8) I was checking out the Flux Capacitors website. They're the 80's throwback band that has played at a lot of Comic-Con off-site events.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They have listed on their schedule 3 Comic-Con Afterparties-- Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Absolutely nothing specific at this time and they even state "subject to change". So stay tuned for more info.

frgx:
Our Flag Means Death "Meat" Up 2 (2nd Annual!) DATE TBD

"Hi Everyone! Guess what's back? A lot of people asked for it to be an annual thing and I guess It is this year. "Meat" Up 2: Electric Boogaloo!
As with last year's event: We can hang out and cry over some Gay Pirates, share stories, sing sea shanties, etc. It's open to anything.
If this is your first or second time coming to the event, I cannot wait to see/meet you. This fandom is pretty awesome and I enjoyed meeting so many of you last year.
Exact date, time, and location will be announced at a later date."

I wouldn't be surprised if this takes place on the pirate ship again, since Voodoo Ranger is set to return as well.

Stay tuned.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

frgx:
This is probably old news. Looks like Dragon Ball is returning with a booth/offsite at the Marriott Marina Terrace--

"Dragon Ball will be featured at the pop culture convention Comic-Con International: San Diego!
Comic-Con International: San Diego will be held at the San Diego Convention Center in the United States from July 19 (Thurs) to July 23 (Sun), local time.
There will be huge special Dragon Ball outdoor booth at Marriott Marina Terrace.

More info will be going up on the event site soon!
Check out the URL below!!

"

Dates are messed up a bit (July 19 is Wed. not Thurs.) but the URL has the correct dates. Not much info yet so stay tuned.

frgx:
Underground Lightsaber Fighters in San Diego--

From their Facebook page--

SATURDAY, JULY 22, 2023 AT 8 PM
Comic Con Weekend Annual Meetup in Balboa Park!

"The ULF will have a public Lightsaber and Cosplay meetup in Balboa Park! All are welcome to come in any fun Cosplay. There is no Fee and you do not need Comic Con Tickets to enjoy the fun! Great for the whole family!

SPECIAL NOTE: The Location of the event takes place at the fountain between the Science Fleet Center and Natural History Museum

If you want to know more about Lightsaber fighting outside of public events, visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login "

frgx:

Time to speculate--

NBCUniversal returning for Comic-Con 2023?

On-the-street confirmation that Syfy and Chucky will be part of the NBCUniversal offsite located at its traditional space in the Gaslamp. It "will be more elaborate than the NBCUniversal photo-op walk-through that was built here in 2022".

Putting this here until we have official confirmation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version