Comic-Con International > SDCC Guests, Autographs, and Off-Site Events

SDCC Parties: Tips, Tricks, & Fun Stories

<< < (2/49) > >>

MarvelGurl:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI have a love hate relationship with Twitter. I know it is super useful but i get so overwhelmed by the amount of posts during comic con.

--- End quote ---

True, but it's best for last minute changes, contests, parties, etc. During SDCC week I know what you mean. I'm always tempted to turn off my notifications.

DRWHO42:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMy biggest tip is to join Twitter if you haven't already, and subscribe to media outlets that you know attend SDCC. TV Networks (FX, Fox, CW, Cartoon Network, etc), gaming companies (EA, Treyarch, etc.), studios (Sony, Fox, WB, etc.), pop culture media (IMDB, EW, Screenjunkies, etc.). Do your research, look up who has had exclusive parties in the past and keep up to date with their SDCC news from Spring to the beginning of July. Besides my personal connections this is how I get to attend a lot of exclusive parties with that good ole' open bar. Twitter is key.

--- End quote ---
Good tip.

Also a good tip if you get inside - don't crowd up on the celebs with selfies and such. My advice is to Relax and say hi. Most will be chill and have a quick chat. Enjoy the experience.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

takit0:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMy biggest tip is to join Twitter if you haven't already, and subscribe to media outlets that you know attend SDCC. TV Networks (FX, Fox, CW, Cartoon Network, etc), gaming companies (EA, Treyarch, etc.), studios (Sony, Fox, WB, etc.), pop culture media (IMDB, EW, Screenjunkies, etc.). Do your research, look up who has had exclusive parties in the past and keep up to date with their SDCC news from Spring to the beginning of July. Besides my personal connections this is how I get to attend a lot of exclusive parties with that good ole' open bar. Twitter is key.

--- End quote ---

Love the tip. Will definitely have to redownload Twitter and use it to my advantage.

My tip would have to be is whatever that party you go, dress up a little because you might be mistaken for a VIP and get to reap the benefits of it, especially if you act like you belong there and follow DRWHO42's tip on staying relaxed and don't crowd up on the celebs.

sisustylegirl:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginDid anyone hit the Geek n Sundry party? We really wanted to go but it was at capacity (it seemed like) the entire night.

How early were people lining up?

--- End quote ---

We were going to go (having gone the previous year) but the line was outrageous, even super early!  Then they cut off entrance to "regular" people and only allowed celebs/VIPs in.  I heard it left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Angie:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginWe were going to go (having gone the previous year) but the line was outrageous, even super early!  Then they cut off entrance to "regular" people and only allowed celebs/VIPs in.  I heard it left a bad taste in people's mouths.

--- End quote ---

How early were you? I remember hearing the party was awesome in 2015 so thats why we wanted to check it out. If its going to be like that again maybe we shouldn't bother.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version