Author Topic: Shoe paint/dye  (Read 2593 times)

Offline batman_maybe

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
Shoe paint/dye
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »
Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a good paint for the rubber portion of shoes--not the sole, but the lip that wraps around. I've seen some mention of oil-based paint pens for tires. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that or can recommend something else that won't crack/chip from walking around. Just looking to go from white to black.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Shoe paint/dye
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 03:33:55 PM »
Would this be a job for Meltonian Color Spray? I have used this on vinyl and fake leather boots and it has worked well.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:58:36 PM »

Offline batman_maybe

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
I'll check it out--thanks!

Offline edwinfabian

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 01:40:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a good paint for the rubber portion of shoes--not the sole, but the lip that wraps around. I've seen some mention of oil-based paint pens for tires. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that or can recommend something else that won't crack/chip from walking around. Just looking to go from white to black.

Whenever dealing with shoes, I use Angelus shoe paint/dye. Technically it's supposed to be for leather, but I've used it for the sole and rubber parts you're talking about and as long as you have a few good layers along with some finisher you should be good. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login