Author Topic: Con Man Panel, 3:45-5:15 pm, Hall H  (Read 16903 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Con Man Panel Details
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 07:45:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
BBC America just announced that the Dr. Who panel would be in Hall H on Thursday.  That comment about Con Man being between Dr. Who and Marvel might NOT have been a joke after all.

Buuuuut..... if it was legit, and Dr. Who is in Hall H, then that implies that Marvel will be in Hall H. Would that be movies or TV?

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:53 AM »
With the Dr Who announcement does this mean Con Man will likely be a Hall H panel?    Ugh, I hope not. There is no way I can compete with the Hall H campers for Dr Who.  I guess I will have to hope I can snag Nerd HQ con man tix, or get lucky and jump in the room if people leave after Dr Who.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Con Man Panel, 3:45-5:15 pm, Hall H
« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:43:16 AM »

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 09:04:03 AM »
Is it wishful thinking imagining that it might be possible to just walk into this panel because probably many Doctor Who fans will leave right after the DW panel? I know it's too early to tell because it depends on what else will be on Hall H that day, but maybe?

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 09:07:05 AM »
Is it wishful thinking imagining that it might be possible to just walk into this panel because probably many Doctor Who fans will leave right after the DW panel? I know it's too early to tell because it depends on what else will be on Hall H that day, but maybe?

If there is anything Marvel afterwards, which is the rumor, I highly doubt it.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 09:09:07 AM »
That probably depends.  If it's a Marvel movie panel, you're probably right.  If it's Agents of Shield/Agent Carter, people will probably leave.

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 09:11:22 AM »
That probably depends.  If it's a Marvel movie panel, you're probably right.  If it's Agents of Shield/Agent Carter, people will probably leave.

That's what I'm assuming it is, Marvel TV.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 09:15:04 AM »
But that also means a lot of TV shows in Hall H Thursday, which has usually been more movie oriented.  I wonder if that means movie panels on Sunday now, or just fewer movies?

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 09:16:36 AM »
I hope not,  I love my movie panels.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »
They have more than enough room on Friday and Saturday to accomodate the movie panels (even with TWD and GoT in Hall H on Friday).  Warner Brother, Fox and Marvel usually have panels on Saturday anyway.  If Marvel skips this year or is on Thursday it opens up room there.  If Thursday does become a TV panel day in Hall H, then I applaud the move.  There's an abundance of TV Panels this year that need space and this might be part of the solution.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 09:36:13 AM »
Maybe the movie companies don't have as much to offer this year.  Legendary was weak last year.   They may be choosing to save some money.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »
I guess one nice side effect of having a better Thurs Hall H schedule is the "everything else" line for the exhibit hall and Hasbro, etc won't be so crazy like it was last year.    I think the less popular Thursday schedule last year drove a lot of folks to do their exclusives lineups Thursday. 

Or at least a girl can hope, right?

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 10:37:52 AM »
I would be surprised if they were in a room that big. I was thinking more like 6DE.
Looks like I was wrong. lol

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »
With the Dr Who announcement does this mean Con Man will likely be a Hall H panel?    Ugh, I hope not. There is no way I can compete with the Hall H campers for Dr Who.  I guess I will have to hope I can snag Nerd HQ con man tix, or get lucky and jump in the room if people leave after Dr Who.

I know Nathan Fillion is popular, but I'm having trouble imagining a web series like Con Man being put into Hall H.  It seems a mismatch given SDCC never put Nathan or Castle in Hall H before.  He was only in Ballroom 20 for the Firefly reunion.  Otherwise, he was in smaller rooms.

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 02:50:51 PM »
I know Nathan Fillion is popular, but I'm having trouble imagining a web series like Con Man being put into Hall H.  It seems a mismatch given SDCC never put Nathan or Castle in Hall H before.  He was only in Ballroom 20 for the Firefly reunion.  Otherwise, he was in smaller rooms.

I'm viewing any Hall H placement for it more as a response to the sheer magnitude/response of the crowdfunding, kind of similar to Veronica Mars. Like, yes, you could make the argument that Veronica Mars was WB - but it had its own separate panel, and everyone was kind of surprised it showed up in Hall H too.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »
I'm viewing any Hall H placement for it more as a response to the sheer magnitude/response of the crowdfunding, kind of similar to Veronica Mars. Like, yes, you could make the argument that Veronica Mars was WB - but it had its own separate panel, and everyone was kind of surprised it showed up in Hall H too.

I forgot about that because I didn't attend it.  I guess I can see Veronica Mars because it was a movie and movies go into Hall H.

SDCC makes surprise venue choices all the time. Just because I'm not imagining Con Man in Hall H doesn't mean they won't do it anyway.