Author Topic: WonderCon 2017 Guests & Panels  (Read 14157 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: WonderCon 2017 Guests & Panels
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2017, 08:45:12 AM »
In case anyone is interested, there are 2 panels with 'celebrity moderators'.

In What Universe? in 300AB at 12:15 Friday has Tom Payne (Jesus on TWD) as moderator and From Stage to Screen in 207 at 10 am Saturday has Stephanie Cornellussen (Joanna Wellick on Mr. Robot) and Amber Midthunder (Kerry on Legion) as hosts.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2017, 11:33:02 AM »
WONDERCON 2017 TOUCAN TIP OF THE DAY! #18: Use My Schedule to Plan Your WonderCon Anaheim Visit!

Our complete Program Schedule for WonderCon Anaheim 2017 is now online, and once again we’re using technology to make your convention experience a bit easier!

You can create your own schedule using MySchedule (powered by SCHED). Once you create an account, you can mark which panels and events you'd like to attend and MySchedule will give you a complete listing of them. Use the print option provided to print the list in any manner you choose. Share your schedule with your friends. See your favorites on your mobile devices and synched across platforms and devices as well. Send your schedule to your calendar software. Filter and search the list by types, titles, company names, artists, writers, celebrities . . . you name it! And MySchedule is compatible with our Official Comic-Con App (available in the App Store for Mac OS users and GooglePlay for Android users; the app will be updated as we get closer to the event).

To sign up-or log in to you existing account-click here to visit the WonderCon Anaheim 2017 My Schedule page for more information.

As we release our different schedules, you'll find this information is also available to add to your personalized schedule as well: Anime screenings, the Children's Film Festival, Games, and Portfolio Review. Use MySchedule to customize your own personalized WonderCon Anaheim 2017 schedule and always have it with you!
Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2017 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2017 Hotel Reservation information!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 06:21:18 AM »

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2017, 12:26:11 PM »
It sucks no Orphan Black panel.
Almost the entire cast is going to LA for a Paleyfest panel on march 23rd.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:31:33 PM by Godolphin »

Offline fivexfive84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Twitter: @fivexfive84
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »
It sucks no Orphan Black panel.
Almost the entire cast is going to LA for a Paleyfest panel on march 23rd.

I thought the same thing! :(
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
EMCC 2011
Wondercon 2017

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »
Kevin Smith is also a moderator.

Dylan Bruce (Paul from Orphan Black) will be in the Midnight, Texas panel on Saturday at 11:45am, so you'll get a little bit of OB!

Offline acmtres5

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »
I have a question, does anyone know how the big movie panel & cast signing for the arena works? Like say last year at WonderCon 2016, they had Stephen Amell & Megan Fox for a signing for TNMT: Out of the shadows, but no where on there schedule did it say that they were there nor was there a raffle for the signing, just a listing of the panel with the producers. So in those cases, how does one get into the signing? Thank you, truly appreciate it. Same for like the SDCC panels, those big ones for like the DCEU or MCU, they don't list it on their signing schedule.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2017, 10:20:27 PM »
Kevin Smith is also a moderator.

Dylan Bruce (Paul from Orphan Black) will be in the Midnight, Texas panel on Saturday at 11:45am, so you'll get a little bit of OB!

Thanks I'll check this panel out. I'm really disappointed in the lack of panels that I was hoping for, by lack I mean not one panel is going to be there.
As I mentioned earlier Twin Peaks, American Gods, Orphan Black. Amc had the perfect spot to premiere early Better Call Saul or at least a panel, and I really enjoyed Preacher and they are also skipping.
Westworld is my favorite show next to Game of Thrones and again the cast is at Paleyfest and we get a "fan" Westworld panel.
Sorry for complaining but I'm just seeing how amazing SXSW was and also the Paleyfest lineup. Next year I'm saving up for 10 days of SXSW.
Well I do have Cinemacon next week, so I might cheer up.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »
WonderCon has never been known for big wow panels. I don't ever remember AMC bringing any shows there. It's mostly just been NBC and CW that bring shows and Fox does a movie panel, but it's always a kinda lesser movie panel and not one that's their big movies of the Summer. WB did a movie panel too I think, but it was some movie with The Rock. I'm pretty impressed with the Riverdale panel having all the stars....that's another thing that happens at WonderCon, the main stars might not be there, but in the case of Riverdale ALL of them are listed so I'm excited.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 11:38:15 AM »
WONDERCON 2017 TOUCAN TIP OF THE DAY! #20: Additional WCA 2017 Schedules Online! (Anime, CFF, Portfolio Review)

We’ve posted some of our other WonderCon Anaheim 2017 schedules, including Anime screenings, the Children’s Film Festival, and Portfolio Review. You’ll want to check out these important parts of the WonderCon experience (click on the links above to see schedules), which run during all three days and-in the case of Anime and Games-into the night on Friday and Saturday at our headquarters hotel, the Anaheim Hilton. Our Anime screening schedule includes over 60 separate screenings. The Children’s Film Festival includes films for and by kids from all over the world. Games has a plethora of tournaments, plus more game demos than ever before, in addition to the ever popular open gaming. And Portfolio Review offers an honest appraisal of your work from companies such as Aspen Comics, BOOM! Studios, IDW, and Valiant Comics. You may not find the job of your dreams, but you’ll get some valuable tips to help you get there!

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2017 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 11:46:15 AM »
WonderCon has never been known for big wow panels. I don't ever remember AMC bringing any shows there. It's mostly just been NBC and CW that bring shows and Fox does a movie panel, but it's always a kinda lesser movie panel and not one that's their big movies of the Summer. WB did a movie panel too I think, but it was some movie with The Rock. I'm pretty impressed with the Riverdale panel having all the stars....that's another thing that happens at WonderCon, the main stars might not be there, but in the case of Riverdale ALL of them are listed so I'm excited.
AMC brought the Preacher cast and premiered the pilot episode at Wondercon last year.

Offline malarrya

• Exhibit Hall
  • I'm pretty good with a bo-staff.
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 12:26:40 PM »
It's likely that the Warner Brothers panel on Saturday will include Wonder Woman: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter/Facebook: malarrya
SDCC 2006-2019 | WonderCon 2012-2016 | StarCon Pasadena 1996-98 | ECCC 2013 | Comikaze 2013 | ScareLA 2015 | Star Wars Celebration 2007, 2015

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »

The Fanbase Press staff is very excited to be exhibiting once again at WonderCon 2017, alongside a number of other talented independent creators! Taking place from March 31-April 2, 2017, at the Anaheim Convention Center, the annual event is a celebration of comic books and pop culture that showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators, and creators of all pop culture genres. Throughout the weekend, we will be reporting live from the convention floor, providing you with the coolest interviews, commentaries, screening details, and photos - along with meeting fans at the Fanbase Press booth (Small Press SP-99), where you can purchase all of our comics and graphic novels! Plus, Fanbase Press' staff and contributors will be participating in quite a few intriguing panels throughout the weekend that you will not want to miss!

Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press booth to pick up copies of Hero Hotel, Penguins vs. Possums, The Arcs, Something Animal, Identity Thief, and Fearworms: Selected Poems! As a special treat, Fanbase Press will be selling the official Fanbase Press t-shirt in sizes Small - XXL, so that attendees may show their geek pride in style. Plus, don't miss your chance to pre-order a copy of Fanbase Press' upcoming all-ages graphic novels, Quince and The Gamma Gals!

In addition, Sebastian Kadlecik (creator of Quince, creator/co-writer/co-artist of Penguins vs. Possums) will be signing copies of his comics at the booth, and Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward of the critically acclaimed podcast, The Arkham Sessions, will be on hand to meet listeners and field questions about Batman: The Animated Series.  You also won't want to miss #WonderWomanWednesday series writer Michael Fitzgerald Troy who will be at the booth to geek out with fans about all-things Wonder Woman! (Fanbase Press' creator signing schedule may be found below.)

You will not want to miss all of the panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff and contributors, which will include the following:

Friday, March 31

1:00 p.m.: The Growing Popularity of Latin American Superheroes with Sebastian Kadlecik and Kit Steinkellner (Quince) (Room 211)

7:30 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Start Wars at 40 moderated by Michele Brittany (Room 1300) and with panelists Craig Miller (Star Wars Publicist/Director of Fan Relations), Michael Kogge (writer, The Force Awakens junior novelization; Poe Dameron: Flight Log, the Star Wars Rebels book series), Daniel Cooney [artist, Star Wars Masterwork, Rogue One 2016 (Topps)], Kevin J. Wetmore, Jr. (writer, Empire Triumphant: Race, Religion and Rebellion in the Star Wars Films)

Sunday, April 2

3:00 p.m.: The Arkham Sessions Presents: The Psychology of Animated Series with Dr. Andrea Letamendi, Brian Ward, Eric and Julia Lewald (X-Men: The Animated Series), Henry Gilroy (Star Wars Rebels), and David Wise (Batman: The Animated Series) (Room 207)

In addition, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.

Writer Russell Nohelty (Katrina Hates Dead s**t, Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter) and Wannabe Press will be at Table SP-43 with artist/creator Andrew Racho (Convenience Store Diet).

Author Justin Robinson (Fifty Feet of Trouble, City of Devils, Daughters of Arkham) will be exhibiting in the Small Press Area (#SP-100) with copies of his new book, Fifty Feet of Trouble. (You can always spot his booth by looking for the red banner and the question mark!)

Writer Madeleine Holly-Rosing and her series, Boston Metaphysical Society, will be at Table SP-24 with limited issues of the trade paperback, as well as a brand new BMS pin (antique box camera).

Sketch card and comic artist Chris Thorne will be in Artists' Alley C14 doing sketches and sketch covers with additional prints available for sale.  He will be taking pre-con commissions to be delivered at the show, and he will be doing sketches at the show (as time permits).

Geeky crafting dynamo Claire Thorne will also be at Artists' Alley C-14 with geek-themed cross-stitch kits from her company, An Unexpected Hobby.

At Small Press Table SP-98 will be Dawn and Clint Wolf of Lab Reject Studios with copies of their Zombie Ranch: Volume 1 trade paperback available for sale.

Artist extraordinaire Lonnie Millsap will be at table number SP-03 in the Small Press area. On Saturday morning at 10:30 a.m., he will be on the Quick Draw panel with Sergio Aragones and Scott Shaw in Room 300DE. (Don't miss it!)

Karate Petshop will be at table SP-52 with information on how to get the graphic novel, Rikki, signed by a total of four contributors spread throughout the con - it's a talent scavenger hunt!

Writer/artist Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be at Artist Alley table E50 with the newly released book called A Murder of Crows: And Other Horrible Things to See, as well as the book, Personal Monsters, and enamel pins!

Independent comic creator Allen Carter of Carter Comics will be at Small Press table 62 debuting the brand-spankin' new fourth issue of his satirical comic book series, Damn Tourists. Mr. Carter will also be presenting free double-sided Damn Tourist postcards to anyone who stops by his table, whether you purchase an item from him or not.

Please visit the WonderCon website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event. Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!

Fanbase Press Signing Schedule

All Weekend:
Bryant Dillon (Writer, Something Animal, Identity Thief)

Saturday, April 1
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Sebastian Kadlecik (Creator/Co-Writer/Co-Artist, Penguins vs. Possums / Creator, Quince)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Michael Fitzgerald Troy (Writer, #WonderWomanWednesdays)

Sunday, April 2
4:15 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward (Co-Hosts, The Arkham Sessions)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 10:17:31 PM »
AMC brought the Preacher cast and premiered the pilot episode at Wondercon last year.

Ahhh, I see. I skipped last year. No way I was going to LA.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 06:58:05 AM »

I must say that I am a little disappointed that they aren't bringing Preacher back this year - I didn't go to WonderCon last year, so I was hoping to see them. Hopefully, they'll go to SDCC...
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »

The Comic-Con App sponsored by NBC is updated for WonderCon Anaheim 2017! Ready to have all the information for the convention in the palm of your hand? Head over to the App Store or Google Play Store on your device and download the update now! #WCA

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, START YOUR (APP) ENGINES! Official Comic-Con App Updated with WonderCon Anaheim 2017 Info!

Our Official Comic-Con App-sponsored by our friends at NBC-has been totally updated with WonderCon Anaheim 2017 info! Download it now for your iOS iPhones and iPads or your Android device. This new version includes complete WonderCon 2017 info, access to the Toucan Blog, and sync you favorites between the App and your MySchedule account on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login!

Plus:

It's FREE on both the App Store and Google Play!
Up-to-date information WITHOUT an Internet connection ... just download it or update your version
Automatic updates
Versions for both tablets and smart phones
Complete program schedule
Special guest bios and photos
Interactive Exhibit Hall map
Convention Center and Headquarters Hotel maps
Mark favorite panels, events, guests, and exhibitors and sync with MySchedule
Links to WonderCon and Comic-Con social media, Toucan blog, and mobile website
Use it before and during WonderCon Anaheim 2017 for all your schedule and map needs!

Get it now on the App Store or on Google Play!

We can't wait! #WCA

Headed to Anaheim next weekend for #Wondercon2017? Join us on Friday at 2:15!
(We are still finalizing the panel)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:03:03 AM by AzT »