Author Topic: 2013 attendee badge buy in Aug & 12/13 year olds  (Read 42523 times)

Offline Toxiccitypimp

• Sails Pavilion
  • work.eat.sleep. wash.rinse.repeat. die.
  • Liked: 0
Re: 2013 attendee badge buy in Aug & 12/13 year olds
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »
Just received this e-mail regarding my 12 year old, soon to be 13 year old son:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding your now-junior child who was able to attend Comic-Con 2012 but was not eligible for 2013 preregistration.

If you were able to successfully purchase a Comic-Con 2013 badge during preregistration, we will extend the one-time courtesy of a priority registration code that will allow you to register your now junior child for one 4-day or one single day Comic-Con 2013 badge. Priority registration codes will not be issued until June 2013. Priority registration codes are not complimentary badges, but a code that will allow you to login to the EPIC website and purchase a badge for your junior without having to go through the waiting room or open online registration.

If you would like to receive a priority registration code in June 2013 for your junior, please be sure to have them sign up for a Member ID at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If your now-junior child already has a Member ID, it is very important that they login to their account and select the “Change My Preferences/Unsubscribe” button and confirm that they have selected “junior” as their membership type.

Once you have completed the steps above, please reply to this email and type, “Priority Code Junior Member Information,” in the subject line. In the body of the email we will need the name of your child, their Member ID, and the Member ID you used to purchase your badge during preregistration.

If you do not want to wait until June for your priority registration code, we encourage you to participate in open online registration in early 2013 to purchase your junior’s badge. By purchasing their badge during open online registration, your junior will qualify for 2014 preregistration. If you choose to use the priority registration option, they will not qualify for 2014 preregistration.

You must reply to this email by August 30th 2012 to be eligible for a priority registration code.

Thank you for your patience and continued support of Comic-Con International."

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you do not want to wait until June for your priority registration code, we encourage you to participate in open online registration in early 2013 to purchase your junior’s badge. By purchasing their badge during open online registration, your junior will qualify for 2014 preregistration. If you choose to use the priority registration option, they will not qualify for 2014 preregistration

Interesting caveat in that response. Makes sense cuz otherwise juniors would continue to be guaranteed badges but it certainly will make the open reg even busier.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:09:36 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 03:14:19 PM »
yikes
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
So in other words, they're just pushing the problem off for another year?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
actually,
from Parent; how can my 12 soon to be 13 year old kiddo get a badge? I have a badge
from CCI; register now with us, but try & buy a badge at general.  If the kiddo doesn't get one in the general sale - we'll cover you this year.

eta
so.... my take way for all the parents is; register now for the option of getting a badge for the kiddos in June. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:46:48 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »
Fair enough, Alyssa. But my point is that if the child gets this 'priority registration code' then next year they'll have the same problem: not able to participate in pre-reg even though they have a paying badge.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
Fair enough, Alyssa. But my point is that if the child gets this 'priority registration code' then next year they'll have the same problem: not able to participate in pre-reg even though they have a paying badge.

Well, it's the same issue "everyone" else has when buying, ensuring badges for the entire family regardless of age. 

In this case, yes, they are putting it off for another year but it's also a recognition that with the new Member ID system, something like this was not fully considered and would've slipped through the cracks but now that it has been brought to CCI's attention, they're doing something more than fair as a one time courtesy and with the Member ID firmly in place now, you'll be better prepared for future years. 

This year, the 12 year olds didn't even have a paying badge at all and they've basically been guaranteed of a badge for 2013.  Not sure what else CCI can do to make this any easier on families.

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »

If you were able to successfully purchase a Comic-Con 2013 badge during preregistration, we will extend the one-time courtesy of a priority registration code that will allow you to register your now junior child for one 4-day or one single day Comic-Con 2013 badge. Priority registration codes will not be issued until June 2013. Priority registration codes are not complimentary badges, but a code that will allow you to login to the EPIC website and purchase a badge for your junior without having to go through the waiting room or open online registration.

]

What about those of you that where able to get preview night badges as well, this may cause some issues for these familys as well. If they where not going to offer preview night for those familys, this would have been usefull information before the badges where purchased. The good thing we have a year so all the kinks could be ironed out by then.

Im pretty sure they will offer it, as long as they see that atleast one parent received 4 day with preview.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:12:26 PM by David Ramirez »
Best part of San Diego Comic Con 2012 was waiting for My Little Pony Durpy Hooves for 6 hours with about 6 other fathers all getting them for their daughters.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »
What about those of you that where able to get preview night badges as well, this may cause some issues for these familys as well. If they where not going to offer preview night for those familys, this would have been usefull information before the badges where purchased. The good thing we have a year so all the kinks could be ironed out by then.

Im pretty sure they will offer it, as long as they see that atleast one parent received 4 day with preview.

Wouldn't be too worried about PN right now. So many people were sporting the PN stickers so someone somewhere is handing those things out to a lot of folks.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »
^^ agreed. My read too. 
I gotta assume the kiddo will be given what the adult has

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
true but they've got to give some incentive to the parents to get the kiddos a badge during the general badge sale.  how else could they do it? I gotta think cci is concerned that there will be a lot of people claiming their kiddos are '12 abt to turn 13' just to get them into the program even if the kiddo is 11 or 14

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »
true but they've got to give some incentive to the parents to get the kiddos a badge during the general badge sale.  how else could they do it? I gotta think cci is concerned that there will be a lot of people claiming their kiddos are '12 abt to turn 13' just to get them into the program even if the kiddo is 11 or 14

They could do it by giving out the priority code AND allowing those badges to participate in the 2013 presale.

To prevent abuse, CCI could ask for verification of age (such as a birth certificate or passport) when picking up the badge, to confirm the child's age (that they are 13 at time of badge pickup).

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
They could do it by giving out the priority code AND allowing those badges to participate in the 2013 presale.

Because...?  No other family members (junior and up) get any type of assurances.

Then they should have allowed pros that paid for badges to participate in the pre-sale as well (which as far as I know they weren't allowed to??). At one point or another, they have to cut off the juniors and have them go into the general badge sale like everyone else. Kids turning 13 for SDCC 2014 aren't getting any special treatment.

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
Because...?  No other family members (junior and up) get any type of assurances.

Then they should have allowed pros that paid for badges to participate in the pre-sale as well (which as far as I know they weren't allowed to??). At one point or another, they have to cut off the juniors and have them go into the general badge sale like everyone else. Kids turning 13 for SDCC 2014 aren't getting any special treatment.

See but they have never done this in the past, in 2011 they allowed my wife and I to purchase a Junior badge for our then 11 year old (Back then they where stating juniors started at age 12, then CCI pushed it to 13 after I raised some issues in regards to CCI having 2 different ages listed on the Website). So to take this away after all the years they had been allowing 11 year olds to buy juniors badges, just kinda seems unfair to the kid. I could see if they stated before a junior badge could be purchesd an adults badge would need to be purchesd durring pre-reg. Either way we are at a crossroads that only CCI can determine, they have given us our two options. Im happy that atleast we do not really have to stress for another 2 years now.
Best part of San Diego Comic Con 2012 was waiting for My Little Pony Durpy Hooves for 6 hours with about 6 other fathers all getting them for their daughters.

Offline garbagepailz

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »
I still don't get it will it be guaranteed badge in June or not? I see no waiting room etc but will it be guaranteed purchase?