Author Topic: Coloring Books for Adults  (Read 15546 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Coloring Books for Adults
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 08:43:43 AM »
"And, while Karagiorgakis doesn’t recommend supplanting sound dietary practices and regular exercise in favor of doodling with colored pencils ..."

Dangit.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 03:14:55 PM »
Marvel reprints old comic books in their "Essential" like of trade paperbacks that are inks only which could be used as a coloring book.  The pages are a little thinner stock than standard coloring books, I think.

Just a thought for the colorists out there.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:42:53 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »
DC too with their Showcase Presents collections. Challengers of the Unknown, The Haunted Tank, ...

Also making to note to hide my Walking Dead collection if I see [member=3]Chris[/member] coming down the street.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 06:55:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
DC too with their Showcase Presents collections. Challengers of the Unknown, The Haunted Tank, ...

Also making to note to hide my Walking Dead collection if I see [member=3]Chris[/member] coming down the street.

I'll be there in 5 minutes--I need to get my crayons.   :)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
I'll be there in 5 minutes--I need to get my crayons.   :)

I could just see somebody taking out their WD #1, maybe getting it ready to ship to CGC. The doorbell rings, when they come back there's a kid with the book saying "Look! I colored the horsie! Do you like it?"

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
I could just see somebody taking out their WD #1, maybe getting it ready to ship to CGC. The doorbell rings, when they come back there's a kid with the book saying "Look! I colored the horsie! Do you like it?"

Decoys. I have so many copies of Walking Dead #1... all gotten for free, some of a million variants... ;)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »

I visibly flinch when I see old comics with doodles on the cover.  :)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »
Equal parts 8) and >:D

IDW To Release Beauty Of Horror II Coloring Book

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2017, 11:34:08 PM »
Where's the Professor Toucan coloring page? ;)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2017, 10:43:32 PM »
Fashionistas, assemble... and color!

From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alecia Blake Studios announces the release of Color In Fashion: A Stylish Adult Coloring Book by Alecia Blake, now available on Amazon. This book utilizes Alecia's many years of experience as a fashion illustrator by combining original, hand-drawn fashion illustrations with intricate, patterned backgrounds. Color In Fashion features 30 single-sided coloring pages, filling a niche for coloring enthusiasts and fashionistas alike. Coloring Book Addict raves: "Alecia Blake is a fashion illustrator by trade and it shows. Where some fashion coloring books merely pattern simple designs, this book is much more focused on what a fashionista would like first, then translating that idea into a coloring page."

Color In Fashion was lovingly produced with page after page of hand-drawn, intricate settings and patterns, and willowy, graceful figures.  Alecia describes the book as "a unique vision and concept, fun and creative for me to illustrate, and hopefully just as satisfying to color." With Color In Fashion, the New Jersey-based fashion illustrator and author hopes to fill a void in the adult coloring book genre: "I looked around at the other books already out there, and I knew I could add something unique to the wide array of adult coloring book choices with my book. There are very few fashion coloring books available that incorporate detailed backgrounds into the pages, and that makes my book unique."

Alecia Blake's accomplished illustration career has included work for major fashion designers, magazines and companies. Her career in fashion illustration has been featured in 201 Magazine, The Best Of Bergen. Alecia Blake attended Syracuse University School Of Art and Parsons School Of Design, where she earned a BFA in illustration. She also is the author of Chronically Me: Flushing Out My Life And Times With IBS, A Memoir In Comics written under the pen name Joy Spencer.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »
8)

King Crimson are to launch their own range of colouring-in books. The KCCB comes in a 12 x 12, 40 page hardback edition, printed on ethically-sourced paper and features the artwork for every King Crimson studio release as well as an extensive selection of various live albums, including special two-page pull-out of Earthbound and Starless And Bible Black.

The idea for the KCCB came after the last tour when various members of the band took to colouring-in as a way of passing time en route between gigs. "We thought it'd be a great way for fans to enjoy the albums in a slightly different way," says Gavin Harrison, who cites Beat as his own favourite from the KCCB.

Whereas once colouring books were just for kids, in this perpetually onscreen world it’s good to be able to get away from the computer and turn to the soothing art of colouring-in.  “When choosing a colouring-in book with more complex or abstract images the convention is generally to keep different colours within different lines,” says Phil Inn, the graphic designer who has been overseeing the transformation of the original album covers for the KCCB.  “This requires a relaxed focus where the outline is containing and the mark-making repetitive and smooth. So a bit like repeating a mantra where repetition is a means to relaxation, colouring-in is also a type of mediation.”

The very first King Crimson Colouring Book is now available for pre-order via Inner Knot and Burning Shed.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 06:42:36 PM »
Engage your crayons / markers / pencils:

from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Dark Horse Releases Second Volumes for Star Trek Fans

Following the out-of-this-world success of 2016’s Star Trek: The Next Generation Adult Coloring Book and Star Trek: The Original Series Adult Coloring Book, Dark Horse is excited to announce two more volumes for Star Trek fans to enjoy: Star Trek: The Original Series Adult Coloring Book-Where No Man Has Gone Before and Star Trek: The Next Generation Adult Coloring Book-Continuing Missions.

Star Trek: The Original Series Adult Coloring Book-Where No Man Has Gone Before contains forty-five brand-new black-and-white images from the second two seasons of the classic science-fiction series. Printed on high-quality stock, each illustration offers an array of diverse detail to color as faithfully or as wildly as fans choose, and is single sided to avoid unsightly bleed-through. Juann Cabal (Elektra), Will Conrad (Angel & Faith), Gabriel Guzmán (Kull, Mass Effect: Discovery), and Derlis Santacruz (Tomb Raider) create the gorgeous artwork, and Gabriel Guzmán’s art is featured on the cover.

Star Trek: The Next Generation Adult Coloring Book-Continuing Missions features forty-five brand-new colorable images from seasons 4 through 7 of the fan-favorite science-fiction series. The illustrations include unique, highly detailed black-and-white illustrations inspired by unforgettable episodes, like “Darmok,” “The Inner Light,” and “Chain of Command.” Juann Cabal, Gabriel Guzmán, Bill Mudron (Calla Cthulhu), and Shea Standefer bring the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D to life. Gabriel Guzmán’s art is also featured on the cover.

Star Trek: The Original Series Adult Coloring Book-Where No Man Has Gone Before goes on sale September 13, 2017, and is available for preorder on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Things From Another World, and at your local comic shop.

Star Trek: The Next Generation Adult Coloring Book-Continuing Missions goes on sale October 4, 2017, and is also available for preorder on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Things From Another World, and at your local comic shop.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:46:10 AM by AzT »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2017, 08:03:19 PM »
;D

From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Fans of the show looking for a slightly less expensive kick can look forward to Titan Books’ Rick and Morty — Official Coloring Book. The book, which includes iconic scenes and characters from the show, promises fans a hyper-detailed coloring experience, ideal for mad scientists with a laboratory full of colored pencils, crayons, markers, or even watercolors if you want to take a walk on the wild side. Rick and Morty — Official Coloring Book arrives in stores in August, but EW is excited to exclusively reveal the cover of the book. Expect Meeseeks, Plumbuses, and more wonders and horrors from every known universe.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:32 PM »
Two more on the way, Labyrinth and Cursed Pirate Girl:

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »