Author Topic: SDCC Fundays 2023  (Read 17975 times)

Offline lostninja

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 42
Re: SDCC Fundays 2023
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2023, 12:42:54 PM »
I highly doubt it would be anywhere near that number, they most likely will be a bunch higher, and they need to keep it under control. People get way out of hand for these limited collectables and Funko knows that. ???

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2023, 01:50:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Where did the 5x number come from? I know the Shell has a listed capacity of 10,000 but that's likely for concert-style seating (aka no tables, which is hard to imagine). I have a vague recollection from the initial announcement at Fundays 2022 that the plan was to double the attendance (so from ~2K at the Manchester Grand Hyatt to ~4K at the Shell), but definitely don't 100% trust my recall of that.
10k capacity at Rady Shell would mean zero tables.  That's plausible, of course, but would seemingly mean a significant change of logistics/structure for the event: ie, potentially no meal provided.  Would that mean a significantly cheaper cost?  I would doubt Funko would jump to a bigger (almost certainly pricier) venue and cut costs.  Would folks be upset if there's no meal/drinks served, or if we're being honest is this ALL about the swag and no one really cares about the meal service?  Is it cool to spend $150 for a ticket to be so far away from the stage you can only see speakers/events via side screens?

IDK; again, this is all speculation right now until we get more concrete news.  Fundays is a "bad night" for me, as it coincides w/Sat Hall H wristband distribution.  I know folks have been able to do both but that seems a bit dicey to me personally to attempt.  I dig that Funko is looking at utilizing one of the coolest venues downtown for their big event, and I do look forward to seeing what they do!  Part of me wishes Rady Shell became the new Hall H, though I know that could be quite hot/uncomfortable w/10k folks out in the sun all day

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:23:55 AM »

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2023, 10:46:02 AM »
Last year, DisTrackers on IG posted up about Fundays on April 3rd. Hopefully we'll get more news soon.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2023, 12:39:57 PM »
Last year, DisTrackers on IG posted up about Fundays on April 3rd. Hopefully we'll get more news soon.

I refuse to follow that guy, I will wait until Funko posts it.

Though clearly all those letters the Funko legal team sends him, don't work
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2023, 01:40:58 PM »

The Funko post about fundays was taken from Funko - but I get what you mean regarding other stuff lol

Offline saban

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2023, 11:16:39 AM »

Honestly though, it's not like they don't know who he is and he's been to Fundays at least 2 times from what I remember. I feel like if they really wanted to they could ban him from events (even if he's a +1, they know what he looks like) and they could escalate to legal action. I just feel like he isn't worth the effort for them to do all of that at this time.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2023, 11:24:49 AM »
Honestly though, it's not like they don't know who he is and he's been to Fundays at least 2 times from what I remember. I feel like if they really wanted to they could ban him from events (even if he's a +1, they know what he looks like) and they could escalate to legal action. I just feel like he isn't worth the effort for them to do all of that at this time.

I don't follow them out of obligation to Funko, though it's not a bad reason.  I don't follow them because based on their posts I don't think they are a good person.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2023, 07:46:14 PM »
I'm just a bit worried about missing the lottery for tickets for Funko Funatic forum members. I saw from last year there was only a couple days to sign up for that, so I'm trying to keep checking there as who knows if it will be as late as June this time.

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2023, 01:27:58 PM »
I'm just a bit worried about missing the lottery for tickets for Funko Funatic forum members. I saw from last year there was only a couple days to sign up for that, so I'm trying to keep checking there as who knows if it will be as late as June this time.

TBH its not so much a lottery, as funko inviting their favorite board members. With the few leftovers getting sent out to everyone else.

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2023, 06:27:51 PM »

I can update the top post as soon as I learn about it. I thought the window was a bit longer than a few days but I don't recall.

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 06:28:27 PM »
TBH its not so much a lottery, as funko inviting their favorite board members. With the few leftovers getting sent out to everyone else.

That's discouraging news LOL.
I'll still try for it and keep my fingers crossed. It's at least an extra shot before waiting for the public release.

Offline L3g3nd33

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2023, 03:03:41 PM »
I think Funatics posted about Fundays on June 6 last year.  Still a little ways to go before we hear anything this year.  Although we have seen some small details start to come out thru the Funko rewards release.

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2023, 04:31:56 PM »
I think Funatics posted about Fundays on June 6 last year.  Still a little ways to go before we hear anything this year.  Although we have seen some small details start to come out thru the Funko rewards release.

There’s a current method on the Funko page.
I’ll update the main post shortly but basically you just need to sign up for the new rewards/fan page.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2023, 07:38:55 AM »
If you are member of Funko Funatics registration for Fundays is up on the site. Good luck.

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2023, 07:44:28 AM »
If you are member of Funko Funatics registration for Fundays is up on the site. Good luck.

Nice!
I’ll update the OP