Comic-Con International > SDCC Guests, Autographs, and Off-Site Events

Give your blood to the con (AKA the Robert A Heinlein Blood Drive)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jim Watari:
Signed up for Wednesday at 9:35 am :D

Zero:
Oh, thanks for sharing and for the reminder!  ^__^/

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

chocolateshake:
To anyone that's not from the US, or for many who are, don't be insulted if they turn you away.  The regulations we have in the US pretty much only allow blood donations from Americans.  Even Americans who have spent too much time outside the US don't qualify as blood donors.  I'm on permaban.  Damn haggis, why do you have to be so tasty!

I'm doing this from memory but I think if anyone has spent more than 3 months in the UK ever, 5 years in Europe ever or even shorter periods of time in various countries within the last 3 years then they are not acceptable blood donors.

comicconfamily:
Has anyone done this that has tiny veins and otherwise hard to draw blood? (I usually have to have a butterfly needle used on me) I've always wanted to do this but had an issue with a previous donation attempt where I was turned away after poking me several times. Because of this, I've never signed up, figuring it might be a waste of time. Interested to hear if anyone else might be in the same situation and it worked out for them.

Vapors:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHas anyone done this that has tiny veins and otherwise hard to draw blood? (I usually have to have a butterfly needle used on me) I've always wanted to do this but had an issue with a previous donation attempt where I was turned away after poking me several times. Because of this, I've never signed up, figuring it might be a waste of time. Interested to hear if anyone else might be in the same situation and it worked out for them.

--- End quote ---

You can probably email the San Diego Blood Bank to see if their mobile blood drives provide this.  They were pretty responsive when I emailed them earlier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version