Con Suite > Movies and TV Shows

The Invisible Man (mild spoilers)

<< < (2/2)

darkron9:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginFor all intents and purposes this is a 100% original story.  The only commonality is someone figures out how to make themselves "invisible" and does nefarious things.  HG Wells' version is, of course, over 120 years old and it makes sense to me to take an incredibly broad concept and 'spin' it for modern relevancy.  I think one can probably say this film is true to the original spirit of the original (I read the original novel in middle school and that was a loooooooong time ago).  This film _almost_ feels like a variation of GONE GIRL: rich and famous person fakes their death in order to plot an incredibly complex revenge plot against their lover whom they've grown distant from.  Now that I think about it, GONE GIRL is probably more graphic in the violence & language department (that Neil Patrick Harris scene in GONE GIRL = yowzers!!).

IMO if Universal wants to revive their classic 'Universal Monsters' characters, this is a _MUCH_ better way to go than that Tom Cruise THE MUMMY debacle.  I'd be 100% fine with Blumhouse continuing with the Universal Monsters characters for more revisits.  These classics, IMO, are ripe for reimaginings

--- End quote ---

100% agree with you thoughts about INVISIBLE MAN.  Gosh, I'd almost forgotten about GONE GIRL and the Neil Patrick Harris nude scene.

Yes, marcia29.  Do give this one another chance.

marcia29:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login100% agree with you thoughts about INVISIBLE MAN.  Gosh, I'd almost forgotten about GONE GIRL and the Neil Patrick Harris nude scene.

Yes, marcia29.  Do give this one another chance.

--- End quote ---

Will do! :)

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Chris:
Just saw this too.  Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this movie as I am too high string for jump scares.  Random thoughts:

--Elizabeth Moss is great
--I'm man enough to admit that I wet myself when she threw the paint when he was on the ladder.  ::Shivers::
--I want that house
--It felt like a live action remake of See No Evil from Batman The Animated Series minus Batman.  If you haven't seen it, I shall stare at you judgingly until you do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version