Con Suite > Off-Topic Chat

Reports & check ins in the age of Covid

<< < (2/253) > >>

chocolateshake:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logini'm also hearing the National Guard is being called up. I can only assume to enforce the social distancing. I don't know if that's only the Cali guard or nationwide. i assume the new york state is in the same mind set

--- End quote ---

I haven't heard about the National Guard being called up in California.  But outside of Martial Law being declared, the military does not have police powers in the US.  So they can't even do anything like enforce social distancing.  What the military can do in the US is help out.  If this was a flood, they can rescue people.  Up in Washington where the National Guard is already out, they are delivering food.  Even in the widely publicized deployment of the National Guard to the border, the jobs they did were clerical and support to free up civilian border agents.  The military is not allowed to do civilian border enforcement.

alyssa:
It really pays to look on the bottom shelves when at the grocery store!!
I was able to find both milk and chunky peanut butter just because I looked on the bottom shelves!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

marcia29:
The Publix grocery store I was in today, has stopped having sanitizer sheets at the door. Instead, they have employees sanitizing the carts from stem to stern. That delayed getting a cart, yet it seemed like it was a good idea.

janray:
Just announced that in all Bay Area counties non essential businesses must shut down until April 7 starting tomorrow at midnight.

chocolateshake:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe Publix grocery store I was in today, has stopped having sanitizer sheets at the door. Instead, they have employees sanitizing the carts from stem to stern. That delayed getting a cart, yet it seemed like it was a good idea.

--- End quote ---

That's what my Costco did last week.  They wiped down carts at the door.  The problem I had with that was that I wanted a wipe so that I could go get a cart without touching it.  What's the point of them cleaning a cart if you have to touch a dirty cart to bring it to them.  They wouldn't give me a precious wipe.  So I used a napkin I had as a shield.  She saw that and said I could have just asked for a glove.  Why didn't she offer that when she turned me down for a wipe?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginJust announced that in all Bay Area counties non essential businesses must shut down until April 7 starting tomorrow at midnight.

--- End quote ---

It's more than that.  It's a shelter in place order.  It's a lockdown.  Just like in China and Italy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version