Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127719 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2021, 11:13:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, California will open vaccinations up to 16-64 with underlying conditions on March 15th.

anyone have any theory's/ideas how this may work?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #676 on: February 13, 2021, 11:51:46 AM »
San Diego is short a shipment of vaccine so Petco will be closed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  The 12,000 cancelled appts will be rescheduled.

Ugh my dad's 2nd dose is this Friday 2/18.  Hopefully they'll be back on track by then.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #677 on: Today at 08:53:20 AM »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #677 on: February 13, 2021, 02:11:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, California will open vaccinations up to 16-64 with underlying conditions on March 15th.

I can't wait.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #678 on: February 13, 2021, 02:19:12 PM »

[...]

Oh great! Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep an eye on it now.

I have a feeling my UCSD MyChart will ping me when it's time for me to be vaccinated too unless they haven't added it into the system yet.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #679 on: February 13, 2021, 02:40:44 PM »

anyone have any theory's/ideas how this may work?

This is what I want to know, none of the organizations know my health history.  Do we need forms filled out, if so they should tell us now so we can make appointments with providers.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #680 on: February 13, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »
This is what I want to know, none of the organizations know my health history.  Do we need forms filled out, if so they should tell us now so we can make appointments with providers.

I have no idea but offhand I can think of a couple of ways.

It would not be hard for a vaccination site to be able to look up your health history.  If you have an acct at mychart with UCSD, you'll see there is health history there.

A simple way for them to do it is to have your PCP write a prescription like they do for a lot of vaccinations.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #681 on: February 13, 2021, 03:45:45 PM »
Could be handled different ways. I think using MyChart should work the best.
In New Jersey, they used the honor system for all eligible chronic conditions.
New York is starting up next week vaccinating persons any age with an eligible chronic condition along as they have a doctor's note.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #682 on: February 14, 2021, 08:03:38 AM »
update, my 81 year old dad will get his first shot on Monday

I am so relieved. My dad has been grumping around calling us 'jailers' (in an affectionate way) for placing him in 'house arrest' until he got his shots.
He loves to just get out and about to nitch coffee shops.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #683 on: February 14, 2021, 08:54:25 AM »
I have no idea but offhand I can think of a couple of ways.

It would not be hard for a vaccination site to be able to look up your health history.  If you have an acct at mychart with UCSD, you'll see there is health history there.

A simple way for them to do it is to have your PCP write a prescription like they do for a lot of vaccinations.
I reached out to my pcp today
fingers crossed

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #684 on: February 14, 2021, 11:44:44 AM »
Oh great! Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep an eye on it now.

I have a feeling my UCSD MyChart will ping me when it's time for me to be vaccinated too unless they haven't added it into the system yet.

I hope they do.  But my medical opinion is assume nothing.  You will likely need a letter from a PCP or friend in the medical field to be given clearance.  And this should definitely be done by telehealth if possible.  Or if the office plays nice just a letter request if you are an established patient.  I have had to write over 50 of these since January and I don't have the heart to charge for them more than the five dollar form filling out fee.  My personal and professional pet peeve is when offices make you come in and charge you a copay and insurance to be seen just for a letter and they don't need or do an exam.   

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #685 on: February 14, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
The thing about Mychart is that works if you see a doctor there, I don't have doctors anywhere that uses my chart.  So that alienates those of us that go to private care and not a large health organization.

I am fine if it's just a doctor's note or a prescription but they need to tell us so we can be ready when it opens for us.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #686 on: February 14, 2021, 01:44:41 PM »
The thing about Mychart is that works if you see a doctor there, I don't have doctors anywhere that uses my chart.  So that alienates those of us that go to private care and not a large health organization.

I am fine if it's just a doctor's note or a prescription but they need to tell us so we can be ready when it opens for us.

I highly doubt they are going to make it that hard. My guess is either you're in the system, it's an honor system, or you have to get a prescription.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #687 on: February 14, 2021, 02:06:49 PM »
I highly doubt they are going to make it that hard. My guess is either you're in the system, it's an honor system, or you have to get a prescription.
Seriously.  The District I work in sent out form letters to to front office school receptionists, bus drivers, and a slew of other non-teaching staff members as "medical professionals" so they can get vaccinated with the Tier 1 first-phase medical folks (they waited a month or so for actual hospital employees presumably were able to get it first).  But I literally know bus drivers who were able to get vaccinations before actual healthcare workers with a note from an upper level district administrator.

So yeah: undoubtedly it will be relatively easy for high risk folks to be able to get a vaccine with minimal documentation.  Also, kind of oddly, I saw smokers were on the list of 'high risk' people (but not, kind of oddly, people with asthma) so I wonder if all the CA potheads will be able to get vaccinated at that level  :P

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #688 on: February 14, 2021, 02:15:10 PM »
Seriously.  The District I work in sent out form letters to to front office school receptionists, bus drivers, and a slew of other non-teaching staff members as "medical professionals" so they can get vaccinated with the Tier 1 first-phase medical folks (they waited a month or so for actual hospital employees presumably were able to get it first).  But I literally know bus drivers who were able to get vaccinations before actual healthcare workers with a note from an upper level district administrator.

That's just wrong. Considering they are not even a health care facility, how did they get away with that? Did they have to fake the letterhead, too?

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #689 on: February 14, 2021, 02:29:29 PM »
That's just wrong. Considering they are not even a health care facility, how did they get away with that? Did they have to fake the letterhead, too?

Depending on how aggressive (but legit) you want to be.  My friend took her parents to get the vaccine and it was one of the last appointments for that day.  But they have to use what is left because of shelf life.  So she got the vaccine too as well as some others who were there on "stand by."  Not unlike those vaccines that were stuck on a snow highway and they just started to vaccinate anyone in a car because it was expiring.