Con Suite > Movies and TV Shows

Lucasfilm fires Gina Carano from “The Mandalorian.”

<< < (3/3)

chocolateshake:
Hasbro cancelled production of the Cara Dune action figures.  Pre-orders for the re-release are being cancelled.  The prices for the original release have skyrocketed on ebay.

tsnyder:
I'm sorry but she absolutely should not have been fired over this. The post she shared did not compare anyone to nazis or disparage Jewish people or culture. It basically said we shouldn't hate each other for their political views.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

puppy:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI'm sorry but she absolutely should not have been fired over this. The post she shared did not compare anyone to nazis or disparage Jewish people or culture. It basically said we shouldn't hate each other for their political views.

--- End quote ---

I haven't followed the whole thing, but I think it was more than one post that got her fired. I think the last post was the final straw.

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI'm sorry but she absolutely should not have been fired over this. The post she shared did not compare anyone to nazis or disparage Jewish people or culture. It basically said we shouldn't hate each other for their political views.

--- End quote ---
I think it was a cumulation of several 'bad takes' over the last year or so.

I agree though: she should've been fired because she's a horrible actress.  Or at least not put in a position to dramatically carry episodes - she was _kind of_ mostly OK in season 1 when she was mainly just an action figure, but in S2 when she was starting to carry episodes dramatically...baaaaad acting (which bummed me out, honestly, because I dug her S1 enough that I was hyped to see her a bigger part of the series, only to be disappointed with her lack-of-acting chops)

chocolateshake:
I was at Book Off and they have a used Cara Dune Black Series figure priced at $200.  Kind of makes me wonder about digging out my new one that I have in a box in the closet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version