Hall of Records (from years gone by) > 2015 SDCC Programming and Panels

Into the Woods (just speculation so far)

(1/5) > >>

angel_k:
For those of you who have attended for a long time, what do you think the likelihood of Disney bringing something like Into the Woods to Comic Con?  For those of you who don't know, it's a movie that's coming out next Christmas that's based off the famous Stephen Sondheim musical.  Yes, it's a musical.  I don't really know if musicals are something Comic Con-y.  Unlike things like Les Mis or Rent (don't think either had panels, right?), this is very much fairy tale/fantasy based.  I think genre-wise it fits Comic Con much better, but I just don't really know if this is an atmosphere to have panels about musicals.  It has a lot of big stars though.  Chris Pine plays Prince Charming, Johnny Depp is the Big Bad Wolf, Meryl Streep is the Witch.  I'm not going to even start stating my opinion on those casting choices because I seriously just ranted for 2500 about everything related to the production on my own blog, but the fact that it has star power behind it makes me think this could be a good venue for them too.  Chris Pine in particular.  There are a lot of new Star Trek fans who are crazy about Pine right now.  The timing works well too.  It comes out 5 months after Comic Con.  It'd be a great venue to launch a trailer or something.

So what do you think?  Would this be something you think might have a panel?

YouThinkMeMad:
Hmm. Maybe? I mean OUAT has been there, and that's a fairytale based show. Granted, it's not a musical but not sure how much that actually plays in something being selected.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

angel_k:
Yeah that was my first thought too.  It's very OUAT as far as "amalgamation of fairy tales" is concerned.  I don't think a studio has ever used cc to promote a musical but if they were going to... this one fits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveG:
I think it's possible.  Although sometimes Disney holds back at SDCC for D23 or whatever event they might have planned.  It would be nice to see though.

mdla:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginFor those of you who have attended for a long time, what do you think the likelihood of Disney bringing something like Into the Woods to Comic Con?  For those of you who don't know, it's a movie that's coming out next Christmas that's based off the famous Stephen Sondheim musical.  Yes, it's a musical.  I don't really know if musicals are something Comic Con-y.  Unlike things like Les Mis or Rent (don't think either had panels, right?), this is very much fairy tale/fantasy based.  I think genre-wise it fits Comic Con much better, but I just don't really know if this is an atmosphere to have panels about musicals.  It has a lot of big stars though.  Chris Pine plays Prince Charming, Johnny Depp is the Big Bad Wolf, Meryl Streep is the Witch.  I'm not going to even start stating my opinion on those casting choices because I seriously just ranted for 2500 about everything related to the production on my own blog, but the fact that it has star power behind it makes me think this could be a good venue for them too.  Chris Pine in particular.  There are a lot of new Star Trek fans who are crazy about Pine right now.  The timing works well too.  It comes out 5 months after Comic Con.  It'd be a great venue to launch a trailer or something.

So what do you think?  Would this be something you think might have a panel?

--- End quote ---

You definitely have a better shot than in an odd numbered Con year, where Disney holds back their properties in terms of panels.  Another thing in your favor is that Johnny Depp was there a couple of years ago for the Alice in Wonderland movie, which seems like a similar project to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version