Author Topic: Coast City Comic Con, Portland ME, Nov 9, 10, 11, 2012  (Read 2772 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5871
Coast City Comic Con, Portland ME, Nov 9, 10, 11, 2012
« on: May 26, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
I went last year & it was a fun little con-

this year they're doing a Kickstarter thing to try & fund it.  Before anyone gets skeptical- i know these guys- they are not wheeler-dealer types.  I'd like to pledge some money package, the question is which package should i get? Keep in mind I'm saving money for sdcc<grin>

here's a list of the packages;

PLEDGE $12 OR MORE
3 BACKERS - Limited Reward (47 of 50 remaining)
Home-baked Goodness-Level Package -- Pledge at this level and Coast City Comics' own resident baker and chef, Jarrett, will bake you two dozen of his chocolate chip cookies! The price of this reward even includes shipping within the continental US! Jarrett will even hand-write you a personal thank you for backing this project. He equals Chad in niceness and handsomeness!

PLEDGE $15 OR MORE
15 BACKERS
Uncanny-Level Package -- this includes the mention in our program, convention pin, and a convention t-shirt. This shirt is going to be designed exclusively for Kickstarter donors and won't be available anywhere else!

PLEDGE $25 OR MORE
4 BACKERS - Limited Reward (4 of 8 remaining)
Black Mesa-Level Package -- this includes the mention in our program, the convention pin and an exclusive 10" x 13" print created by Ben Bishop, inspired by Half-Life 2. Each print is signed and numbered by Ben! For a look at what you'll be getting, check out our Updates section.

PLEDGE $35 OR MORE
1 BACKER - Limited Reward (2 of 3 remaining)
The Dead Live Extra-Large-Level Package -- If you read the introductory information about the convention, then you already know that Tony Moore designed exclusive t-shirts for last year's convention. We have some left and they are so exclusive it hurts. We have EIGHT X-LARGE shirts left, so pledge here if you need this shirt in X-LARGE. See our Updates section for images!

PLEDGE $35 OR MORE
23 BACKERS
Astonishing-Level Package -- this includes the mention in our program and a 3-day ticket to the event. This ticket grants access to all basic convention areas, including the vendor room, screenings and panels. Just bring a valid photo ID to get your ticket.

PLEDGE $35 OR MORE
2 BACKERS - Limited Reward (6 of 8 remaining)
The Dead Live Large-Level Package -- If you read the introductory information about the convention, then you already know that Tony Moore designed exclusive t-shirts for last year's convention. We have some left and they are so exclusive it hurts. We have EIGHT LARGE shirts left, so pledge here if you need this shirt in LARGE. See our Updates section for images!
same as above but in large

PLEDGE $50 OR MORE
1 BACKER - Limited Reward (3 of 4 remaining)
My Dinner with Kearney-Level Package -- If you're willing to sit through a couple of hours of fanboy rants about how great Warren Ellis and Alan Moore and Grant Morrison are in exchange for a free dinner, this is the reward package for you! Our own Ross Kearney will take you out for a magical evening at RiRa, one of the Old Port's most popular restaurants. Discuss the finer points of creator-owned comics or just sit and nod while he carries on -- because, believe me, he will. This package also includes full weekend registration to the convention!

PLEDGE $50 OR MORE
14 BACKERS
Wolverine and the Fourth Tier-Level Package -- this includes the mention in our program, the convention pin, the exclusive t-shirt, the 3-day ticket to the convention, and a commemorative convention poster.

PLEDGE $50 OR MORE
0 BACKERS - Limited Reward (1 of 1 remaining)
God of Poverty-Level Package -- This package includes full weekend admission to the convention, and a signed, framed watercolor painting by Brandon Kawashima of God of Poverty from Nintendo's Kid Icarus! See our Updates section for a photo of this fantastic piece of artwork. Contact us with any questions!

PLEDGE $50 OR MORE
Eggplant Wizard-Level Package -- This package includes full weekend admission to the convention, and a signed, framed watercolor painting by Brandon Kawashima of Eggplant Wizard from Nintendo's Kid Icarus! See our Updates section for a photo of this fantastic piece of artwork. Contact us with any questions!

PLEDGE $75 OR MORE
Cowboys & Aliens-Level Package -- Want an industry professional to review your comic book script? Fred Van Lente, author of Cowboys & Aliens, Action Philosophers, and Marvel Zombies 3 and 4, will review your comic book script at the convention! Scripts can be up to 24 pages long and Fred will speak with you for up to 30 minutes! For more details, see the Updates section or shoot us a message!
i dont' have a book so this isn't an option for me

PLEDGE $75 OR MORE
Avengers Alliance-Level Package -- Want an industry professional to review your comic book script? Alex Irvine, author of Daredevil Noir, Iron Man: Rapture, Transformers: Exodus, and the Avengers Alliance Facebook game, will review your comic book script at the convention! Scripts can be up to 24 pages long and Alex will speak with you for up to 30 minutes! For more details, see the Updates section or shoot us a message! Remember that this package also includes the full weekend pass to the convention!
i don't have a book so this isn't an option for me

PLEDGE $75 OR MORE
0 BACKERS - Limited Reward (3 of 3 remaining)
Punk Rock Jesus-Level Package -- Special convention guest Sean Murphy has agreed to meet with the first three people who pledge at this level during the convention! This will be a 20-minute meet-and-greet during the convention. See the Updates section of this project for full details of this unique reward. Note that if you pledge for this reward, you also get the weekend pass to the convention! What a deal!

PLEDGE $75 OR MORE
0 BACKERS - Limited Reward (3 of 3 remaining)
Mouthy Merc Portfolio Review-Level Package -- Want a keen professional eye to evaluate your portfolio? Alé Garza has agreed to review artists' portfolios during the convention! Bring your art and Alé will check it out and give you a full evaluation. See our Updates section for full details of this reward. This package includes weekend admission to the convention!
i dont' have a book- so this isn't an option

PLEDGE $100 OR MORE
1 BACKER - Limited Reward (1 of 2 remaining)
I Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts-Level Package -- Ever want to go on an investigation with real ghost hunters? Well, now's your chance! The wonderful people at Haunt ME have agreed to take one person along with them on one of their upcoming investigations! If you want to try your hand at being a paranormal investigator, this is the reward package for you! Your pledge of $100 or more also gets you the weekend pass, shirt, pin and poster! See our Updates section for further details!

PLEDGE $100 OR MORE
8 BACKERS - Limited Reward (7 of 15 remaining)
Omega-Level Package -- this includes the mention in our program, the convention pin, the exclusive t-shirt, the 3-day ticket, the convention poster, and a limited edition "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" silkscreen signed by Gunnar "Leatherface" Hansen.

PLEDGE $100 OR MORE
1 BACKER - Limited Reward (1 of 2 remaining)
Custom Mouthy Merc-Level Package -- Pledge at this level to get the weekend pass to the convention and receive a free piece of custom art from current Deadpool artist, Alé Garza! He'll do an 11" by 17" headshot of any single character you want! See the Updates section for full details of this amazing package.

PLEDGE $150 OR MORE
3 BACKERS - Limited Reward (7 of 10 remaining)
Mouthy Merc-Level Package -- Pledge at this level to take a 2-hour workshop with special guest Daniel Way! Dan will be teaching 10 lucky attendees everything he knows about writing for comics. You'll also get the weekend pass for the convention! For more details on this amazing reward package, please see our Updates section.

PLEDGE $200 OR MORE
Headshot-Level Package -- Holy moly, we've got an original watercolor painting from renowned comic artist Alex Maleev! This signed and framed painting is of the classic Daredevil villain, Bullseye! If you pledge at this level, you'll also receive the convention pin, poster, shirt, and a weekend pass to Coast City Comicon 2012! See our Updates section for a photo of the painting.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:10:05 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Coast City Comic Con, Portland ME, Nov 9, 10, 11, 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
Perhaps some folks who aren't in the area but may be interested in something could pitch in on a package w/ you so you get a higher level and can share some of the items?

So for someone like me who doesn't understand, is this on top of tickets to the event or is this how funds are raised for the event?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:54:49 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:38:25 PM »
if the package specifies it includes tix then it does, if not it doesn't.  I gotta think the tix will be $35 for the weekend- that's inline with what it cost last year.

apparently a person pledges to buy the items(package) and once it reaches the goal the money is due.  if it doesn't reach the goal then it isn't due.

it's a novel way of funding a show, to say the least.---
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1869
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »
Hm, my recommendation (since you asked which pledge you should do) would be to do the Wolverine and Fourth Tier-Level Package for $50.  Though the "I Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts" Package sounds really cool...

*laughs*

It certainly is an interesting way to fund a convention, and I think it would really benefit the attendees interested because of so many options and cool "gifts."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:44:59 AM »
I think that's were i'll end up, at that $50 package- passes & t-shirt

i just keep thinking abt the art work, specifically, the Bullseye....

I kinda like the funding method- sure it'd be nice if they could find the funding by another backer but absent that, this is a nice way to pre-sell tickets. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:02:32 AM by alyssa »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7881
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 08:46:47 AM »
That looks like a really cool way to get a Con started! If I were able to get there, I'd totally back it!

Loooove the cookies!!!!! :D

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1869
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »
I think that's were i'll end up, at that $50 package- passes & t-shirt

i just keep thinking abt the art work, specifically, the Bullseye....

I kinda like the funding method- sure it'd be nice if they could find the funding by another backer but absent that, this is a nice way to pre-sell tickets. 

Oh yeah, the Bullseye sketch looks very cool!  Definitely a rare collector's item to be displayed somewhere in the house. *laughs*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »
just to finish the story
the goal of 10K was reached and the project is funded. 

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
That's awesome!  Always good to see things like this reach their goals - hope they put on a great show.

Looks like you'll have to block a few days off of your calendar now...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »
I'm going to book the hotel shortly....<grin> already put in for the time off

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7881
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
I hope you have fun at this Con, Alyssa!