ReedPOP > NYCC Tickets, Hotels, and Logistics

Post your questions about NYC Public transportation here!

<< < (2/7) > >>

JerseyGirl317:
Just a PSA for anyone traveling from NJ and using the Path. There will not be service between Hoboken and 33rd that weekend. You can got from Hoboken to Newport then 33rd St or go from Hoboken to WTC.

SwagCollector:
I'm perplexed at why its so difficult to get from the Medowlands View hotel to Javitz. Isn't it only 3miles away, right across the Lincoln Tunnel? It's sounding like my best bet is to Uber. I'd love to find two or three other people to share this cost. I'd most likely be leaving the hotel early every day to get to Javitz.
BTW, thanks for the help... I'm ConSwag (actually SwagCollector) that Alyssa refers to above...
I actually met you on the boat with Leonard in San Diego, Alyssa...

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

smurph1125:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI'm perplexed at why its so difficult to get from the Medowlands View hotel to Javitz. Isn't it only 3miles away, right across the Lincoln Tunnel? It's sounding like my best bet is to Uber. I'd love to find two or three other people to share this cost. I'd most likely be leaving the hotel early every day to get to Javitz.
BTW, thanks for the help... I'm ConSwag (actually SwagCollector) that Alyssa refers to above...
I actually met you on the boat with Leonard in San Diego, Alyssa...

--- End quote ---

The issue is the amount of traffic you will sit in to enter the Lincoln Tunnel as well as the $12.50 toll to use the tunnel.  Both of these factors will drive up your taxi or uber costs.  That being said, these may be your only options.

That being said, as mllNY mentioned above, it looks like North Bergen Park and Ride is right behind your hotel, although i would recommend 320.  Below is the bus schedule that will drop you off at Port Authority, which is about a 10 minute walk from the Javitz. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SwagCollector:
Thanks for the great information!
Looks like the bus option will run me $3.25, one-way, with a short(?) walk to Javitz.
With the early bus arriving in NYC at 5:45ish, that doesn't sound too bad... And it looks like the last bus back to NJ is pretty late- Which gives me time to hang out in NYC for a while, each day.
Since I'm going to have my son with me, all the costs will be x2... The bus is definitely looking like the way-to-go.

Another question:
I'm heading straight to Javitz from JFK Airport on Thursday morning... What do you guys recommend as the quickest/most economical way from the airport to Javitz (priority going to most economical)?

smurph1125:

Another question:
I'm heading straight to Javitz from JFK Airport on Thursday morning... What do you guys recommend as the quickest/most economical way from the airport to Javitz (priority going to most economical)?

--- End quote ---

I've seen this bus frequent Penn Station and Port Authority.  Seems reasonably priced and a lot easier than taking the AirTrain to Long Island Railroad to Penn Station and walk, although I have no experience with it.  Perhaps someone else can offer an easier alternative.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version