Author Topic: NYCC October 3-6, 2019  (Read 23782 times)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Re: NYCC October 3-6, 2019
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does the NYCC have lots of offsite events like SDCC? Do things sell out in seconds like they do for SDCC?
There are off sites but not nearly as many as sdcc

Badges do not sell out as fast as sdcc, but they do sell out eventually. I think right now there are badges for Thursday.

Nycc is a different vibe than sdcc. I go because it's close for me, and I only go for one day. I wouldn't consider it a destination con.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2019, 06:43:56 AM »
The ones from last year were a lil spread out too.  I was at an Alex Ross offsite last year for his new book, was a great event, but a few blocks from JJC.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 04:50:53 PM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2019, 08:21:45 AM »
legacy fans get an early access link for the lotteries

Pre-Show Lottery FAQs excerpts

There are now lotteries for MSG and Hammerstein  panels, is this new? I know there have been lotteries for Main Stage for a number of years, but I don’t remember having them for the other venues.

What can I enter for a chance to win?

The three things you can enter for a chance to win are:

A seat in a panel taking place on the Main Stage, the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, and The Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center

A spot in limited autographing sessions with the casts from some of your favorite movies and TV shows

A chance to purchase some super limited exhibitor exclusives

When and where can I enter the lottery?

We have a special perk for our legacy fans, aka fans who have previously attended NYCC and have been Fan Verified before 2019. If that's you, you'll have first access to the lottery and are eligible to enter from Monday, September 16 to Tuesday, September 20 at 5:00 PM ET. You will receive your exclusive link via email on Monday, September 16.

All other fans are eligible to enter from Friday, September 23 to Tuesday, September 27 at 5:00 PM ET. The link will be posted on this page!

For any legacy fans who forget to enter early, you can also enter from September 23 to September 27.

When do I find out if I'm a winner?

Fans who enter during the early entry period will be notified on Friday, September 23.

All other fans will be notified by Friday, September 30.

When should I arrive to each event?

For limited signings and exhibitor exclusives, please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

For panels in the Main Stage, please arrive to the 1C Queue Hall 35 minutes prior to the panel start time to gain entry.
For panels at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden and The Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center, please arrive 35 minutes prior to the panel start time to gain entry. When you arrive, look for the “Reserved Seating” line and you will have access to a specific section of the theater.

Please note, the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden and The Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center are not cleared between panels but the reserved seating section will be cleared between panels. If you would like to stay for multiple panels and seats are still available, you can move to a general admission seats. If no general admission seats are available after the panel you won a seat for, you will be asked to vacate the theater. General admission seating is not guaranteed.

Remember to arrive on time – if you arrive after the scheduled start time, we can't guarantee your spot will still be available.

Are all the seats in the Main Stage, the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, and the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center going to be filled via the pre-show lottery?

Nah – as we mentioned, only 50% of the seats in the Main Stage, the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, and the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center will be filled via the pre-show lottery.

If you'd like to see a panel in the Main Stage and did not win the lottery, head to the Queue Hall in 1C when you arrive to tap your NYCC badge and reserve your seat. Seating for Main Stage panels will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and we will still be clearing the Main Stage after each panel. More details are available on our Main Stage Clearing and Badge Tapping page.

If you’d like to see a panel at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden and the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center and did not win the lottery, seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as you have your NYCC badge, you can head straight to either venue in the morning or throughout the day.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:14:30 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2019, 12:39:12 PM »
Plum Benefits, which is a ticket reseller for corporations, is offering tickets. 

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
[member=448]rabbitwarren[/member] too lazy to log in what days do they have just Thurs or others as well?
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2019, 01:21:22 PM »
[member=448]rabbitwarren[/member] too lazy to log in what days do they have just Thurs or others as well?

They have other dates.  It's resale price - Friday was going for ~90 Bucks