Author Topic: Chuck Jones Gallery 2016 events  (Read 3015 times)

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
Re: Chuck Jones Gallery 2016 events
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When I RSVP'd for the William Shatner one they told me he would be there but it would be in the back and not interacting with fans. Also they will have an affordable print for sale.

In back as in back behind a table while speaking words of wisdom, or simply in back as in the back walls away from the reception? If the latter, what's the point?

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
As in back at a table that you only get access to if you purchase something.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:07:41 AM »

Offline larry999

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 10:53:08 AM »
I took it as I could go and check out the exhibition but don't expect to meet Mr. Shatner.

All the information provided was unsolicited. I only asked to be added to the RSVP list.

Might be worth a call from someone else to confirm.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 07:10:47 AM »
I took it as I could go and check out the exhibition but don't expect to meet Mr. Shatner.

All the information provided was unsolicited. I only asked to be added to the RSVP list.

Might be worth a call from someone else to confirm.

That's interesting. I look forward to hearing if someone else confirms this for us.  I will already be late to the reception as we are committed to something else until right before it's starting time.  I hope the print he's selling is at least affordable.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 07:13:08 AM »
Got in under the wire on Stan Lee! The lady said he'd be extending his stay by an hour.

That's awesome news!  Also, I wonder how many people they took on the RSVP for these events.  I can't make it to this Stan Lee one until a few minutes after it begins, either, as we have another commitment with a firm time slot.  :(  I hope it's not a book for overflow and turn people away at capacity kind of deal.  That would be super disappointing especially after rescheduling some other things to make it that way.

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 11:34:17 PM »
This event was a disaster. I hopped out of the Mr. Robot line after being there for 45 mins or so because it was 5 minutes to 5pm to go to this event. The Mr. Robot line moved slower than I hoped. When I walked around the corner to the gallery, the first thing I heard was someone arguing with an employee there at the door. The basic gist of the discussion was that Stan Lee would only see you if you buy one of his art works. The person was arguing that's not what their announcement said. Regardless, the line to get in with a RSVP was long. I decided I would go do something else since it didn't really seem like a "reception" at all. I wander around for an hour and came back at 6pm. The line was about half as long. I decided I would go in anyways just to see what it was really like. I stood in this line for about 20 mins with little movement. Someone then walked by and told us that it was a waste of time and that we wouldn't be able to get in anyways. She said they are letting in the people for the next reception, but she said they capped people for Stan Lee. How can it be full enough to turn away people for the current reception yet let in people for the next one? I asked her if there was anything worth seeing inside. She said no and that she wasted 2 hours of her life.

I will avoid them like the plague. I should have stayed in the Mr. Robot line.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 07:18:44 AM »
This event was a disaster. I hopped out of the Mr. Robot line after being there for 45 mins or so because it was 5 minutes to 5pm to go to this event. The Mr. Robot line moved slower than I hoped. When I walked around the corner to the gallery, the first thing I heard was someone arguing with an employee there at the door. The basic gist of the discussion was that Stan Lee would only see you if you buy one of his art works. The person was arguing that's not what their announcement said. Regardless, the line to get in with a RSVP was long. I decided I would go do something else since it didn't really seem like a "reception" at all. I wander around for an hour and came back at 6pm. The line was about half as long. I decided I would go in anyways just to see what it was really like. I stood in this line for about 20 mins with little movement. Someone then walked by and told us that it was a waste of time and that we wouldn't be able to get in anyways. She said they are letting in the people for the next reception, but she said they capped people for Stan Lee. How can it be full enough to turn away people for the current reception yet let in people for the next one? I asked her if there was anything worth seeing inside. She said no and that she wasted 2 hours of her life.

I will avoid them like the plague. I should have stayed in the Mr. Robot line.

We had a decent experience but it definitely wasn't a typical drop in reception like you might expect.  In fact, we wanted to attend others but skipped because of the crowded nature of the first one we attended.  I had read on here - or somewhere - that we might be expected to buy something before meeting the artists.  The price of the print was slightly more expensive than a photo opp alone but you end up with the photo opp and the signed piece, in time, he didn't do a live signing.  The gallery people are always very kind and welcoming each year and I love stopping in and window shopping the big pieces I can't afford right now. The line did start way early and only people who had pre purchased something and a few kids made it inside.  I hope you give the gallery another chance.  The event was just one of many that they host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk