Author Topic: Talk Back?  (Read 11877 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Talk Back?
« on: July 14, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »
Anyone go to the Talk Back Panel?  Curious to hear how that went.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Talk Back?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 05:37:47 PM »
There's a really good writeup here. It seems it was primarily about disabled issues.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:34:07 PM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:22:57 PM »
There's nothing they can do about exhibitors buying attendee badges? They have a long waiting list of people who want a booth. I have trouble believing they can't crack down on that. I give them the benefit of the doubt for things like hall h but come on.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »
There's nothing they can do about exhibitors buying attendee badges? They have a long waiting list of people who want a booth. I have trouble believing they can't crack down on that. I give them the benefit of the doubt for things like hall h but come on.

I wasn't at the talkback but I heard that one suggestion at the talkback from a friend was to give exhibitors wristbands they can't take off for them to get the exhibitor badge privileges of early entry setup and the like. So that booths like funko, hasbro, mattel and etc can check peoples wrists to make sure they're not exhibitors who badge swap with attendees.  Seemed to get some positive feedback from that from what I hear.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:32:20 PM »
Anyone go to the Talk Back Panel?  Curious to hear how that went.
e

Me Leonard & chris h went
I do have the last half recorded.....I will try and get it up shortly
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Alvetica

• Exhibit Hall
  • Years at Comic-Con: 2003-present Twitter:@alvetica
    • @alvetica
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:39 PM »
e

Me Leonard & chris h went
I do have the last half recorded.....I will try and get it up shortly

Cool, I left about halfway through.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 10:56:45 PM »
I wasn't at the talkback but I heard that one suggestion at the talkback from a friend was to give exhibitors wristbands they can't take off for them to get the exhibitor badge privileges of early entry setup and the like. So that booths like funko, hasbro, mattel and etc can check peoples wrists to make sure they're not exhibitors who badge swap with attendees.  Seemed to get some positive feedback from that from what I hear.

That sounds feasible to me, imo. A lot of suggestions aren't regarding things like hall h. it isn't like they'd lose exhibitors willing to purchase space.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 07:11:40 AM »
why not just have security clear everyone from the area 5 minutes before they let the attendees onto the floor, then have caution tape only in the morning when they open the doors leading to funko with staff instructing people on line to go through the leftmost doors to get to funko. pretty sure fans will police the line at that point
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 11:22:07 AM »
ARGGG

i.....can....not....get....the...audio....off MY FLIPPING PHONE!!

<deep breath>
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »
I was an attendant in the ADA line to get into the building on Friday and it was a brutal experience for many.  When 7am rolled around (or somewhere around that time), the main "Everything But H" line whizzed through the doors, up the escalators, and into Sails to get their place in line for a Bandai ticket.  Meanwhile, the ADA "Everything But H" line slogged along at a snails pace, as they only let 5 people in at a time.  The "cycle" for each group of five took what seemed to be 3-4 minutes.  So even though we were fairly close to the door ADA entrance, we got in thirty-five minutes after people were officially allowed into the building.  Needless to say the Bandai line was -- for all intents and purposes -- over.

Perhaps next year the organizers can figure out some way to distribute booth-exclusive tickets downstairs?  Is there even enough room to do this?
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 06:47:39 AM »
Anyone happen to ask/hear about a "badge resale option" for next year?  I know 2 cons ago there wasn't a resale cause badge sales went late.  This past year, even though regular sales were done relatively early enough they didn't have one.  Did they happen to address them having one for next year, or, are we to assume that going forward badge resales have gone the way of the do-do?
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
Anyone happen to ask/hear about a "badge resale option" for next year?  I know 2 cons ago there wasn't a resale cause badge sales went late.  This past year, even though regular sales were done relatively early enough they didn't have one.  Did they happen to address them having one for next year, or, are we to assume that going forward badge resales have gone the way of the do-do?

For Comic-Con 2014's badge sales, they released this announcement on the Toucan blog:

"No Badge Resale for Comic-Con International 2014

In past years Comic-Con International has been able to hold a sale of returned and unallocated badges in June. Unfortunately, due to an extremely low rate of refunds and cancellations this year, we are not able to hold a resale of Comic-Con 2014 badges. Thank you for your support and understanding."

(Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

For Comic-Con 2015, if I recall correctly, they just mentioned that, once again, there will not be a badge resale.  I believe it was in the badge purchase FAQ this year.  Let me see if I can pull it up.

"Q: If I am unable to purchase a Comic-Con badge on Saturday, will there be another sale later this year?

A: Like last year, we do not anticipate that there will be a sale of returned badges at a later date."

(Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login at the bottom of the page)

Hope that helps! ^__^d
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:55:12 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
Yeah, I was just wondering if it went from "it just happened to be that way that year" to "not doing resales anymore"...which it seems like it's gonna be...but, we'll see.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »
Yeah, I was just wondering if it went from "it just happened to be that way that year" to "not doing resales anymore"...which it seems like it's gonna be...but, we'll see.

I added the 2015 information about resales in my previous post.  ^__^d

I do agree that it seems like CCI won't have a badge resale this year either, but yes, all we can do is wait and see what happens after pre-registration.  We don't know the official numbers (and CCI will not release those numbers), but it's possible that they might sell a good chunk of badges during pre-registration...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 11:26:16 AM »

They did this about 4 years ago and that didn't work at all. The exhibitors took it as a joke and most never wore them or they lasted a day after falling off. Most just attached the wristband to their badge and CCI, or shall I say, the stellar security, was fine with that option. Speaking of security, where do they get these people. This one guy was so ghetto and disrespectful, I heard him say "how long do I have to keep my shirt tucked in?". Really? Really?? I digress. Wristbands are a hard one to make work. Again, they will wear it loosely and slide it off, wear it on the badge itself or claim to have lost it etc. Great idea, but in reality it's not going to work. And this is from a girl still wearing her NerdHQ wristband. haha

What frustrates me so much is that there are a TON of honest exhibitors and I pride myself in associating with those wonderful friends, yet every exhibitor (I feel) seems to be eyed with the same contempt... that all are evil. It's crystal clear which exhibitors are the shady jerks that resell the con exclusives and get people in to go buy them stuff and swap badges. What's lame, exhibitors who actually LIKE something exclusive and can't buy it because of these jerks that ruined it for everyone. I might be a little bitter......even on Sunday, I couldn't buy Legos.