Author Topic: Still Looking For A Room For SDCC  (Read 6050 times)

Offline drtorch

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: Still Looking For A Room For SDCC
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »
If anyone has a room at the Hyatt they no longer need, I would love to get it!   Please e-mail me at [email protected] .  Thanks.  Paul

Offline grangoat

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 12:41:58 PM »
So I booked my room at the residense in 1 mile from the venue right before the badge sale.  I paid 1500 for the 17th through the 22nd.  I thought $300 per night was pretty good for being so close.

Now I see that not only does that hotel have cheaper rooms than that suddenly available, but the marriot at the venue has for less than I paid as well.  I am very confused, but booked the marriot.  I still have the residence inn reservation in case marriott decides they made a mistake or I wake up and realize it was all a dream. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:41:06 AM »

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello! Looking for a downtown room, double bed, for Thur and Friday night. Please message me if you have or know of anything, thank you!
Check the "hotel offers" section. Even though some reservations are for 4 or 5 days, you may be able to shorten the reservation to 2 days since that has already been paid for(deposit).

Offline Requia

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »
So I booked my room at the residense in 1 mile from the venue right before the badge sale.  I paid 1500 for the 17th through the 22nd.  I thought $300 per night was pretty good for being so close.

Now I see that not only does that hotel have cheaper rooms than that suddenly available, but the marriot at the venue has for less than I paid as well.  I am very confused, but booked the marriot.  I still have the residence inn reservation in case marriott decides they made a mistake or I wake up and realize it was all a dream.
Did you get Marriott Marquis or Gaslamp? Was looking at the Marriott Marquis for prices and they were all still pricy.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Offline kikicon

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
Check the "hotel offers" section. Even though some reservations are for 4 or 5 days, you may be able to shorten the reservation to 2 days since that has already been paid for(deposit).
Thanks I didn't see anything with 2 beds but I'll check again and keep checking.

Offline grangoat

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2019, 04:47:30 PM »
Yes, it Is definitely the Marriott Marquis next to the convention center.  I ended up canceling that residence inn reservation and booked 2 rooms at the Marriott from the 18th-22nd for $350 per night plus taxes.  I am looking for room mates for my reservation which they gave me a complimentary upgrade to a large corner room with 1 king bed and a pull out couch.  The other reservation was split up into 3 one day reservations for the 18th, 19th, and 20th.  Someone already claimed the 18th and 20th, but the room for the 19th is still available.  It is just a standard room with 1 king bed.