Author Topic: SDCC 2023 Parking  (Read 14980 times)

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
Re: SDCC 2023 Parking
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2023, 05:40:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
One of the Bayfront parking garage elevators has been out of service for the 3 days now and no one is working on it. I think I want a refund of my "convenience" fee. :cussing:

You know, I was reflecting, as I waited for the elevator to go up to the top floor of the garage with the sniper police, that I don't ever recall both of the elevators working?  Granted, I haven't parked there for a year, but I wonder if they just decided one was enough.  As it was tho, it was like a palace compared to the bridge elevator on the PETCO side, that is clearly chronically used as an outhouse.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2023, 06:25:40 PM »
??? I know my passes technically said a certain time to certain time, but they're all supposed to be like 5am and on until whenever that lot closes if you bought through the usual means... I saw that last year's passes were the same. Like wtf then, I didn't get to choose a timeframe when buying?!

Have they let you in, Alyssa?
oh yeah, i just turned off the car until they sorted it out.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 12:23:10 PM »

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2023, 05:08:04 PM »
You know, I was reflecting, as I waited for the elevator to go up to the top floor of the garage with the sniper police, that I don't ever recall both of the elevators working?  Granted, I haven't parked there for a year, but I wonder if they just decided one was enough.  As it was tho, it was like a palace compared to the bridge elevator on the PETCO side, that is clearly chronically used as an outhouse.
I agree. I don't recall when was the last time both elevators were working and I've parked there for the last several years. Both were definitely not working last year or this year.

Also on Thursday night when exiting HBF parking, the parking arms were down and I tried inserting the ticket and it wanted to charge me $19. Pressed the button and the lady said we stayed past the time our parking permits were valid for. It was 10pm and I said our permits are valid until 2am. She let us go thankfully.