Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Open Registration  (Read 24511 times)

Offline Matryoshka

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
Re: SDCC 2019 Open Registration
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 10:54:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So @8:45 am next Saturday you should totally start to hyperventilate and then you'll get 4-day w/PN  :P

LOL! If it works you all will be the first to know!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 12:38:45 PM »
I've decided my success must be linked to my worry level. This was the first year I actually didn't feel super stressed the night before and then got completely shut out of Pre-Reg.  :-\

Are you me? This was the first year since the lottery started that I was utterly calm and not stressed. Part of it was my friend kept telling me to think positive and stop worrying. So I did. Every day I pictured myself not only getting badges, but with the first couple minutes, and not just for myself but for all my friends too. Even morning of, I felt totally confident.

And of course, this year I had the worst luck and could only secure Sunday badges.

Lesson learned.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:03:22 AM »

Offline Dune930

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2018, 10:22:17 AM »
I had to cancel an appointment on Saturday morning of the 10th just so that I can be available for this open registration. This will be my first comic con, so I have my fingers crossed but realize that odds might be against me.

Offline popcornyeti

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2018, 10:37:27 AM »
I had to cancel an appointment on Saturday morning of the 10th just so that I can be available for this open registration. This will be my first comic con, so I have my fingers crossed but realize that odds might be against me.
Meh forget the odds. It's random and anyone that is waiting can get into a room at anytime. Keep the faith and don't drink too much coffee before 9am

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline CarrieD

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »
I am driving my friends crazy trying to finalize spreadsheets of who wants what days etc. And trying to get all their member IDs.
SDCC 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
SWCO 2017
FanExpo Canada 2018
Montreal CC  2016, 2019, 2022
Ottawa CC 2016, 2017

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »
I heard today that odds of getting badges during open reg are between 6 and 20 percent, depending on how many try. Anyone hear that? I had no idea it was that low.
 :-\

Offline popcornyeti

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
I heard today that odds of getting badges during open reg are between 6 and 20 percent, depending on how many try. Anyone hear that? I had no idea it was that low.
The odds are low based on amount of tickets to how many participate. But it's all random. Anyone can get thrown into a room at anytime so don't be discouraged until the last of the Sunday badges sell out. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
I am driving my friends crazy trying to finalize spreadsheets of who wants what days etc. And trying to get all their member IDs.

I will be happy to just any day and not be completely shut out.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 03:17:50 PM »

The odds are definitely low, but how low is anyone’s guess. People have done extrapolations by polling people, but that’s incomplete data at best. CCI has always been tight lipped about how many people are actually trying, or what the allocation split is between Returning & Open Reg is. So really, it can be between 6-20%, or maybe even 30%. But no one knows for sure.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 03:44:44 PM »
I read an article once in a tech journal where CCI said roughly 1 million people were vying for badges in Open Reg. Other than that, we don’t HS e a lot of concrete info beyond guesstimates and mathematical probability type stuff. Just remember, roughly 75-90k WILL get badges Saturday, so why not you? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline khaoticnerd

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2018, 10:42:55 PM »
Kinda sucks they're having Open Reg so early this year. Just started dating someone new and she expressed interest in wanting to go. I mentioned having to make a member ID a couple days before Halloween but as I figured the sale wouldn't be until December at the earliest, I told her she still had a few weeks to do it.  :(

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2018, 07:17:11 AM »
Kinda sucks they're having Open Reg so early this year. Just started dating someone new and she expressed interest in wanting to go. I mentioned having to make a member ID a couple days before Halloween but as I figured the sale wouldn't be until December at the earliest, I told her she still had a few weeks to do it.  :(

Awww,  [member=4063]khaoticnerd[/member]  - hope you have super success in your new relationship...and...the first rule of going to SDCC is--If we can do it now, do it... now;)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2018, 07:33:17 AM »

She can still come to San Diego, if you're close by.  There are the off-site events and just taking in the atmosphere that is downtown San Diego.  It's a lot of fun.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »
She can still come to San Diego, if you're close by.  There are the off-site events and just taking in the atmosphere that is downtown San Diego.  It's a lot of fun.

Part of me thinks that for someone 100% new to the Comic-Con craziness just being downtown and in the Gaslamp during Comic-Con is a crazy experience: even before you factor in off sight installations!  It's definitely a good gauge of if a person is 'ready' for the actual craziness of inside the Convention Center: i.e. if they experience the huge, nutty cos-playing crowds, experience an off-sight event, and then think "I MUST experience more, they're good for the main event  :P

You can take her to WonderCon: tix aren't on sale yet, you can mix if up with Disneyland (SW land won't be open yet though), and it gives one a good taste for Comic-Con without the super insane crowds.

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »

The moment Open registration was over, I insisted on helping my sister and her family make their IDs, I wasn't wasting any chances. My brother-in-law and nephew were out of town and I had my sister message them for all the info and made them myself.

Always do the member ID ASAP because SDCC is never 100% consistent with dates. Better to be early than too late.
Ad Astra Per Aspera