Author Topic: NYCC Hotels 2014 Official Housing Partner, onPeak  (Read 2486 times)

Offline polyesther

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
NYCC Hotels 2014 Official Housing Partner, onPeak
« on: February 22, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »
Hi guys,

It’s our first time attending NYCC and I’ve found the info on this forum to be really helpful in planning our trip so far. I wanted to pick your brains for those who have gone in the past. What were the hotel deals and rates with their official housing partner, onPeak, like? What were the price ranges?

We’re wondering if we should wait for more information to be released from NYCC or just book our hotels now, seeing as they’re quite expensive already. Any information would be greatly appreciated!  :D

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Admin modified to include the word hotel in the title
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:27:24 AM by polyesther »
Twitter handle: polyestherbunny

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: NYCC Official Housing Partner, onPeak
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:23:20 PM »
it's my recollection that the hotels through nycc were cheaper then i could find on my own.

i'd recommend jumping on a reservation as soon as they open if you want the cheapest/closest
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: NYCC Hotels 2014 Official Housing Partner, onPeak
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:10:02 PM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 03:26:59 PM »
honestly I live here so I can't comment on the pricing as I did not research it, however you can always do a few things. Most reservations are cancelable up to 24 hours before check in, why not try to find a hotel that has a cancellation policy and book for now, if you have a AAA rate ask for it as well. Then when NYCC housing opens up you can see the prices and make a decision then. NYCC is not like SDCC, NYC and NJ have a bazillion hotels that aren't all tuned into just the convention

I know Big Joe stayed in NJ,
Priceline.com for Rutherford NJ. Lowball bid around 100 for a toprated ( for the area hotel) and you will get the Sheraton .  That's what I've done for years.  I recommend it highly.  15 minute drive to the show or you can take the train in.  Drive is a little quicker, train is a lot cheaper.  We rented 5 rooms this year just because the size of our group.

As did Jumping Jehosaphat
There are hotels just over the bridge at less than $100 a night too if you don't mind budget hotels (motel 6, ect). If you are looking for more upscale, I will recommend the Hotel Indigo in Rahway, NJ. The train to NYC in right next to it. I think it is about a 25 min trip in, but it is only about $125/night for a nice, big room.

I couldn't help myself though. I'm staying off Broadway in a teeny-tiny room with 2-3 other people XD. I'm just thinking about the cost as translating into needed hotel points.... :-\.

It all depends on if you want to stay in NY or not
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline polyesther

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 03:34:36 PM »
Thanks guys! This is all very helpful! We'll definitely looking into all the available options for hotels.  :D
Twitter handle: polyestherbunny

Offline BigJoe

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Re: NYCC Hotels 2014 Official Housing Partner, onPeak
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 06:12:55 PM »
I want to recommend the Meadowlands Hilton.  It is very easy to get to off the NJ turnpike, free parking, reasonable room rates, free shuttle to the train station, 5 minute train ride to the city and from there a couple blocks to the con.  We've stayed at the Hilton for the last 5 years.  We will be taking over the lobby wed-sat each evening for big group dinners.  Come on over and say hi if you stay at the Hilton.