Author Topic: Hidden Jem's...the Undiscovered Diamonds in The Rough  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Hidden Jem's...the Undiscovered Diamonds in The Rough
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:06 PM »
This is a topic I have brought up for the past couple of years. It's a place to post any smaller panels, autograph signings, events, etc. that may not be as glamorous as the big panels/events, but are worth checking out. Maybe a special guest that would be cool to see in a more intimate atmosphere-stuff like that.

I have one so far (will be more once I look at the whole schedule) from the Announced Panels thread:

The Psychology of Star Trek vs. Star Wars with Rod Roddenberry & Sam Witwer & Dr. Andrea Letamendi
(will add the date/time when I know it)

I adore Sam Witwer (plus-he is an awesome panelist), so I may have to check this one out.

I didn't come up with this idea on my own-one of the podcasts does a similar topic each year (I can't remember which one), and I thought it would make a great topic.

ETA: It's at night, so I can't make it. Figures!
Saturday July 26, 2014 8:30pm - 9:30pm
Room 26AB

I changed the title to align with the other days.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:10:56 PM by Angology »
Ang

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
Re: Hidden Gems 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »
Oops-looks like we are doing this under each day. I guess this one should be locked, or moved under Saturday (that's when the panel above will be)
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Hidden Jem's...the Undiscovered Diamonds in The Rough
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:59:37 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:09:45 PM »
serious *thank you* for telling me where to put this

<just a little silly here>
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »
Not sure it's so 'hidden', but this will likely be packed.

Robert Kirkman Presents Skybound Entertainment Featuring Norman Reedus

Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead) and his producing partner David Alpert (The Walking Dead) discuss Skybound's journey into television and film beyondThe Walking Dead series. The panel will feature an exclusive, never-before-seen teaser of Skybound's first feature film, AIR starring Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead), a co-production with Automatik Entertainment (Insidious franchise) that has been acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions. Reedus will join the panel to discuss the making of AIR and what it was like to work with Kirkman and Alpert outside of The Walking Dead. Director Christian Cantamessa (Red Dead Redemption) will also be present. Skybound's newest division, Skybound Interactive, will also share their upcoming slate of games including news about the critically acclaimed game The Walking Dead by Telltale.
Saturday July 26, 2014 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Room 6A

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
There's two that I wish I could get to (but will likely be in Hall H instead..)

Pop Culture and the Robot Reality - Room7AB 11:00am-12:00pm
"From "Marvex the super robot" to the Metal Men to the Sentinels, robots have been a prevalent theme in comic books and science fiction. Historically, robots and androids have been depicted as both loyal servants (Rosie the Robot) and/or metallic menaces (Ultron). In this session, moderator Steve Broback (Tweet House, Parnassus Group) joins Brian David Johnson (resident futurist at Intel), Jennifer Barry (Rethink Robotics), and Jason Crusan (director, Advanced Exploration Systems Division at NASA), to survey and demonstrate our coming robot reality, what the next few years hold in store, and how it reflects on the futures depicted by the pop culture robots and androids of our time."

Sci-Fi, Robots, and AI, Oh My! - Room7AB 12:00pm-1:00pm
"Every day, our present begins to look more and more like science fiction. We converse with AIs on our phones, communicate by digital avatars, and maintain entire social presences online. Movies like Her demonstrate how familiar-and how close-we are to a world where Cylons co-mingle with humanity. Authors Daniel H. Wilson (Robogenesis), Andy Weir (The Martian), Jason Hough (The Dire Earth Cycle), Daniel Price (The Flight of the Silvers), M. D. Waters (Prototype), and Nick Cole (Soda Pop Soldier) discuss potential robot uprisings with moderator Maryelizabeth Hart of Mysterious Galaxy!"

You know, just nerdy robot stuff  :D

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
Re: Hidden Jem's...the Undiscovered Diamonds in The Rough
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »
Sailor Moon Official Panel
VIZ Media is releasing the 200-episode classic Sailor Moon series for the first time on Blu-ray and with an all-new completely uncut and uncensored English dub. Join members of the VIZ Animation team for a presentation on all the ins and outs of the production of this legendary anime series. Bring your questions, too, for the Q&A session at the end!
Saturday July 26, 2014 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Room 5AB

Disney's Gargoyles 20-Year Anniversary<--Really wish I could make this one!! :(
"Twenty years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age...of Gargoyles!" Help celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Disney Animation television series Gargoyles with members of the cast and crew, featuring series creator Greg Weisman, supervising producer Frank Paur, and others.
Saturday July 26, 2014 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Room 25ABC

The Next Chapter for ElfQuest: Bringing Elves to a Screen Near You (Eeeek!)
Many new adventures are afoot in the world of ElfQuest! With Dark Horse's Final Quest, a new ElfQuest saga by creators Wendy and Richard Pini, flying off shelves and EQ merchandise from WeLoveFine and Badali Jewelry adorning more fans each day, the ElfQuest fan tribe continues to grow. Come hear the scoop from producers Stephanie Thorpe (Night of the Zombie King) and Paula Rhodes (The New Adventures of Peter & Wendy), who hold the film/TV rights to this 35+-year-old beloved comic series. Fans of ElfQuest since they were kids, they've been working to expand the World of Two Moons into more outlets and are excited to introduce you to their new team of fellow fans: Angela Song Mueller (Legend of Korra), Joshua Hamilton (Avatar: The Last Airbender), and Luke Ryan (Harold & Kumar). Moderated by Jenna Busch (Cocktails With Stan).
Saturday July 26, 2014 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Room 26AB
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sci-Fi, Robots, and AI, Oh My! - Room7AB 12:00pm-1:00pm
"Every day, our present begins to look more and more like science fiction. We converse with AIs on our phones, communicate by digital avatars, and maintain entire social presences online. Movies like Her demonstrate how familiar-and how close-we are to a world where Cylons co-mingle with humanity. Authors Daniel H. Wilson (Robogenesis), Andy Weir (The Martian), Jason Hough (The Dire Earth Cycle), Daniel Price (The Flight of the Silvers), M. D. Waters (Prototype), and Nick Cole (Soda Pop Soldier) discuss potential robot uprisings with moderator Maryelizabeth Hart of Mysterious Galaxy!"

My daughter and I will likely be at this one to see Daniel H. Wilson. We love the Robopocalypse books! It's like World War Z with robots.