Author Topic: Dragon Con 2020 (Sep 3-Sep 7) - Atlanta  (Read 3780 times)

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Dragon Con 2020 (Sep 3-Sep 7) - Atlanta
« on: September 03, 2019, 03:33:19 PM »
Starting the thread for 2020

Important dates:
Con dates: September 3-September 7, 2020

Memberships are at their lowest: $85. I am trying to find the deadline (it used to be in the store, but it looks like they changed to Growtix)
Westin rooms go up for grabs on September 20, 2019 at 10 am
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 05:22:17 PM by Angology »
Ang

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
Re: Dragon Con 2020 (Sep 3-Sep 7) - Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 03:38:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone have any pointers for getting a hotel room next year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think you already know about the Dragon Con Hotel Connection page. That resource has been invaluable (Their latest post has a lot of good info for 2020).
For those that don't know: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You just have to be diligent (and maybe a little lucky). I am fortunate enough to have a legacy reservation at the Hyatt. I was in the right place at the right time.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:56:46 AM »

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 04:22:47 PM »
Thank you!

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
I got a Hilton legacy like a week before the con myself. It really is about luck for the Hilton and Hyatt and being fast for the Marriott and Westin.

I think the Sheraton still has availability.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 06:51:04 AM »
Westin goes up for grabs at 10am EDT

From the Dragon Con hotel connection Facebook page:
“2020 HOST HOTEL AVAILABLE ALERT!!

Today is the day! The Westin goes on sale at 10 am today, Friday September 20th! This hotel does not use legacy booking, so the entire place is up for grabs. They do tend to release rooms in hourly waves, so don't panic if you don't get in right at 10 am.

THERE IS NO DEPOSIT AT BOOKING. READ THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE AGAIN. Instead of a deposit, the Westin will charge the full balance on April 1, 2020. This is a super generous policy, and we really hope the other hotels follow suit (*cough, cough, Marriott*). Make sure your credit card is up to date by March 15th, 2020. All reservations with declined cards will be cancelled without notice.

There is a 4 night minimum length of stay. This is standard. If you try to book for fewer nights, you'll be told a higher rate or that the block isn't available. As Captain Picard said to the Kardashians that one time, "THERE. ARE. FOUR. NIGHTS." (Come to think of it, we may be remembering that scene wrong, but we digress.) If you want to continue to act like Picard and try to leave your lovely and totally hospitable host (hotel) early during your very relaxing stay, you'll be charged one night’s room and tax as an early departure fee.

Rates for 2020:
$249 Single (1 person listed on the reservation)
$259 Double (2 people)
$269 Triple (3 people)
$279 Quad (4 people)
Suite/Club Level is not available (sorry fancy people)
*There is an additional $10 per person per night rate* (keep that in mind when stuffing people into your room. Westin knows what you're doing. Westin knows all.)

Additional Fees:
Please note, the below items have limited availability.
Rollaway Bed – $20 per night (based on availability)
Mini Fridge – $20 (based on availability)
Parking – $49/day overnight valet parking

How to Book:
Online (THIS OPENS AT 10 AM. DON'T SEND US MESSAGES AT 9:52 AM AND COMPLAIN THAT IT'S BROKEN. Also, please don't complain to us. We're rogue agents, not con or hotel staff. We have no power here.): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
By phone: 1-800-937-8461

Good luck everyone!! May the odds be ever in your favor!”

Ang

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 05:21:18 PM »
October 1 is deposit day for Hyatt (Hyatt takes the deposit for legacy-you generally have 48 hours before they cancel your reservation). It's also the day the Marriott goes up for grabs (9AM EDT)

From the Dragon Con Hotel connection Facebook page (not an official Dragon Con page):
YOU MUST BOOK FOR FOUR NIGHTS. Yes, this is required. No, you will be told the block is unavailable if you try to book for there or fewer nights. Yes, you can book for more than four nights.

TWO NIGHT'S DEPOSIT is due at booking. This will include 16% hotel tax + $5 occupancy tax. These taxes are not included in the nightly rates quoted above.

The balance will be charged on March 6, 2020. It looks like all the hotels are requiring full prepay this year.

Phone numbers!
866-469-5475 or 800-228-9290

Booking links!
Single/double room, single occupancy: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Single/double room, double occupancy:

Triple occupancy:

Quad occupancy:

If you are calling, MAKE SURE TO MENTION DRAGON CON. If the rep can't find the block, ask them to look under groups. Don't let them tell you the group doesn't exist, but BE POLITE.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

They created a Facebook event (which comes in handy for notifications)

Ang

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 12:10:36 PM »
To stay on top of Dragon Con hotel availability, I also recommend You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . The Files section has an FAQ and the Master List. The Master List serves as one stop shopping for finding room transfers (mostly used to get a room at a sold out hotel), roommates, room swaps (to trade hotels or bed types), ride shares, and more. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . The Announcements section has official threads dedicated to the most popular topics. For easy reference, the first comments in each official thread has the most helpful information. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login .
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 12:11:44 PM »
Membership prices and deadlines can be found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login .
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
Membership prices and deadlines can be found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login .
I was wondering where this info went. I used to find it in the store, but they switched. Thanks!!
Ang

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 06:59:12 PM »
I noticed no one has posted here for a long time. Do you believe that Dragon Con will be cancelled? If the stars do not show up, will Dragon Con happen in 2020?

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »
I noticed no one has posted here for a long time. Do you believe that Dragon Con will be cancelled? If the stars do not show up, will Dragon Con happen in 2020?
They have been posting like it's still happening (mostly comic book guests). I guess, like everything else, only time will tell.
Ang

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 11:28:03 AM »
The latest news is that Hyatt is allowing the con-goers to cancel.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 03:40:56 PM »
The latest news is that Hyatt is allowing the con-goers to cancel.
I guess I better go check my email. Looking on Twitter, they sent them out yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.
Ang

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »
I guess I better go check my email. Looking on Twitter, they sent them out yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.
You are welcome!

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 10:25:04 AM »
Below is the email that the Hyatt sent out recently. In short, the new final payment deadline has been moved from Monday, July 6 , 2020 to Tuesday, Aug 4, 2020.
Also, the policies regarding Dragon Con reservations have changed. Full details are below. To learn more, join the Dragon Con Rooms Facebook group at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and look in the Official Hyatt Thread, it is easy to find. There is also a dedicated thread for Covid-19 in that group. It is being used to stay on top of any hotel policy changes. For example, people can transfer their Marriott Marquis (host hotel) reservations to 2021. That isn't an official policy (no official announcement has been made) but people are successfully doing it. Details on that are in the Official Marriott Thread in the Dragon Con Rooms Facebook group, the link is above. Hope that helps. :)

Email sent from the Hyatt on 5-18-2020.

"Hello to our Dragon Con faithful,

Please note that this communication only represents Hyatt Regency Atlanta policy updates. As of this email, Dragon Con 2020 will still take place as scheduled.

At Hyatt, our belief is to care for people so they can be their best. In keeping with that standard, the Hyatt Regency Atlanta team would like to communicate additional care steps we are taking for our valued and legacy Dragon Con guests.

· All Hyatt Regency Atlanta 2020 legacy guests with a valid reservation on May 1, 2020 will automatically have their legacy status maintained and reservations made for 2021. This includes any reservations cancelled after May 1 and prior to the scheduled arrival date for 2020.

· Any guests requesting to cancel their 2020 reservation will receive a full deposit refund and will incur no cancellation penalties from Hyatt Regency Atlanta.

· Any guest that is not making a change to their 2020 reservation, the originally scheduled remaining payment to be taken on July 6, 2020 will now be processed on August 4, 2020.

· Reservations for Dragon Con 2021 will have one night room and tax deposit taken on October 1, 2020.

Please note that our current staff at the hotel is very limited and it may be difficult to contact us directly. If you do choose to cancel your 2020 reservation, please do so online at Hyatt.com. Once cancelled, all of the above will automatically process for you.

Once again, all Dragon Con 2020 reservations at Hyatt Regency Atlanta as of May 1, 2020 will be booked for Dragon Con 2021.

Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Atlanta as we look forward to welcoming you to Dragon Con this year and many more in the future."
Florida, EST time zone.
-----