Author Topic: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---  (Read 115476 times)

Offline depictprints

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Re: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »
I got e-mail confirmation from Ace that the Convention Center parking opens at 5am. 

Any info out there on what happens if you happen to be a bit earlier than that?  Do they open exactly at 5am or if you happen to be a bit early would they let you in?

And how's the traffic line for Convention center parking that early in the morning?  Big long line or drive right in once you get to the entrance?

This will be my first time coming in so early and parking at the Convention Center.  Did Hilton last year.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey everyone,
I purchased a parking pass for the San Diego Convention Center for all five days (July 17 - 21), mistakenly thinking that overnight parking was allowed. I came to realize today it's NOT allowed, which leaves me with parking passes I can't use because I need somewhere to park overnight.

I read in a separate thread that people have been selling their parking passes, and I would like to do the same. While they do have my name and car info on them, others said that they do not check this information and just scan the bar code.

Ideally, I would like to sell all the passes at once since that would just be easiest. I am offering all five for $70 (that's $10 less than I paid). If you are interested, or want to buy just a few of the days, please reply and/or e-mail me: [email protected].

When you purchase, I can forward you the parking passes via e-mail. Alternatively, I can meet you at Comic Con or in the West LA area and hand them to you. Whichever way we do it, I will take the money at the same time.

If you have any questions just reply here or e-mail me at the address above! Thanks.
a
i just pm'ed the poster & these are still available.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #302 on: Today at 04:33:28 PM »

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---
« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2013, 12:29:15 AM »

I got e-mail confirmation from Ace that the Convention Center parking opens at 5am. 

Any info out there on what happens if you happen to be a bit earlier than that?  Do they open exactly at 5am or if you happen to be a bit early would they let you in?

And how's the traffic line for Convention center parking that early in the morning?  Big long line or drive right in once you get to the entrance?

This will be my first time coming in so early and parking at the Convention Center.  Did Hilton last year.

They open right at 5. If you are there a few minutes early you can just wait to get in. If you are there say 30 minutes early they will tell you to come back at 5 am.

Offline 418894

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
6th and k Parkade
« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
Anyone ever park at the 6th and k parkade? I'll be staying at the Omni right across the street and would rather not have to pay $38 for valet parking.

How much might it be per day (24hrs)? How fast does it fill up? Will there still be spots available around 3:00pm on Wednesday?

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
Re: 6th and k Parkade
« Reply #304 on: July 03, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
Anyone ever park at the 6th and k parkade? I'll be staying at the Omni right across the street and would rather not have to pay $38 for valet parking.

How much might it be per day (24hrs)? How fast does it fill up? Will there still be spots available around 3:00pm on Wednesday?

You might not have a choice , because most do not have overnight parking, only at the hotels can you park over night
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline MovelessJaggers

• Freebie Table
« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »
In 2011 I parked at Qualcomm early thursday and then took the Greenline in to the Con where I stayed till sunday and returned to my car. Does anyone know if I can keep my car at Qualcomm for the full 4 days? The MTS website says all trolly stations have a 24 hour parking limit, but since this is under the stadium jurisdiction and there is so much parking, is it different? I dont want to pay 25 dollars a day to park at my hotel (westin).

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »
I don't believe you can leave your car overnight at Qualcomm.

Offline MovelessJaggers

• Freebie Table
« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2013, 03:46:46 PM »
I don't believe you can leave your car overnight at Qualcomm.

Thank you very much! I'll double check with the MTS, but it's good to hear. If i get a response from them I'll post it here.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »

and this

Post-game tailgating is limited to two hours after the conclusion of the game. All cars must vacate the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot within a two hour window. Overnight parking is prohibited unless a special permit has been requested and granted.

Offline MovelessJaggers

• Freebie Table
« Reply #309 on: July 07, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »
hmm, Thats interesting. But it seems to be based around Chargers games primarily. Or events in general at Qualcomm itself, which there are none those 4 days. I know they encourage sdcc parking there and have big signs that point to where the sdcc parking is. Its all so vague.

Offline Bondtana

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
I'm staying at a hotel 9 blocks from the convention center, but I was going to rent a car for the 5 days I'll be in SD (flying in from NY).  I was hoping to visit the zoo and a few of the famous taco spots, maybe go to the beach or something...

I'm starting to wonder if it will be worth it for me to rent this car? 

Should I cancel my reservation & save the $200 for the rental + $150 for parking at the hotel?

Offline MovelessJaggers

• Freebie Table
« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »
I'm staying at a hotel 9 blocks from the convention center, but I was going to rent a car for the 5 days I'll be in SD (flying in from NY).  I was hoping to visit the zoo and a few of the famous taco spots, maybe go to the beach or something...

I'm starting to wonder if it will be worth it for me to rent this car? 

Should I cancel my reservation & save the $200 for the rental + $150 for parking at the hotel?

When were you planning on going to the zoo and leaving the con? If this is one day I would absolutely get a car for just one day. Going to the Con is sort of one stop shopping for food, entertainment, and shopping, so as long as you are there I'd take advantage of that.

Offline Billyconard

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »
I highly recommend just renting a car for the one day you are going to the zoo.  Use the shuttle system for the con:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Or just take the trolley or taxis to and from your hotel.

Offline Bondtana

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
When were you planning on going to the zoo and leaving the con? If this is one day I would absolutely get a car for just one day. Going to the Con is sort of one stop shopping for food, entertainment, and shopping, so as long as you are there I'd take advantage of that.

I'm going to have all day Monday and probably Sunday too.  I have a 4 day pass, but I'd like to get out and do some other stuff. 

Offline Bondtana

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »
I highly recommend just renting a car for the one day you are going to the zoo.  Use the shuttle system for the con:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Or just take the trolley or taxis to and from your hotel.

I'll just walk the 9 blocks. 

Hmmm maybe I'll do this, or even just Sunday/Monday maybe.